Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bears Resign Cutler, Slauson & Jennigs

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Bears Resign Cutler, Slauson & Jennigs

@BradBiggs: #Bears signed QB Jay Cutler to a 7-year contract

@BradBiggs: Bears also signed Tim Jennings and Matt Slauson to 4-year contracts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Bears Resign Cutler, Slauson & Jennigs

Thank god now all the stupid sign Cutler Post can stop

7 yrs tho bears just went all in Cutler.

Edit: looks like it's actually a 3 year deal wrapped in 7 year language.
    Last edited by Scoop24; 01-02-2014 at 10:42 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good now people can stop posting the idiotic idea that we should go after Cutler in FA....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slauson had an excellent year...

THat was a mistake, especially considering how much he got paid and how bad Winters played this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No surprises there. Good for Slauson.

Wonder what they do with Peppers, Briggs and Tillman.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Letting Slauson go for a minimum-salary deal was a mistake. A solid player, the kind of late draft find that successful teams are built with.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Letting Slauson go for a minimum-salary deal was a mistake. A solid player, the kind of late draft find that successful teams are built with.
    Tanny forced Slauson to take over a $200k pay cut in 2012, there was no way Slauson wanted to come back to the Jets, unless they grossly over paid.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, and another Tanny bomb right there. If Slauson was still in the mix, Winters could have learned on the pine and then (hopefully) be ready to take over for Colon in '14.

Colon may be resigned, but I'd personally like to see someone less penalty-prone in the role.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny...everyone here b1tched about Slauson last year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Tanny forced Slauson to take over a $200k pay cut in 2012, there was no way Slauson wanted to come back to the Jets, unless they grossly over paid.
    I'd forgotten about that. Stupid penny-pinching that cost the Jets a decent, and affordable, young starter. Nice one, Tanny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    They didnt' know what they were looking at.

People in general *****ed about the offensive line as a whole last year and that was a joke. They were very solid last year. THis year they were worse, and the LG position was the biggest cause of that.

Oh, and Cutler apparently got around 18 mill per year which is in line with Romo's contract.

That's about the going rate and what you would figure for Cutler. Bears were forced to do that though... Trestman is trying to keep his job and if he lets Cutler go, he's dead even though Cutler will never win him a super bowl. Even with those 2 receivers.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 01-02-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Good now people can stop posting the idiotic idea that we should go after Cutler in FA....
    +10000000000000000

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    They didnt' know what they were looking at.

People in general *****ed about the offensive line as a whole last year and that was a joke. They were very solid last year. THis year they were worse, and the LG position was the biggest cause of that.
    This. Brian Winters cannot pass block effectively. Now he may do better in the future but the Jets better have a backup plan in place just in case.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Thank god now all the stupid sign Cutler Post can stop

7 yrs tho bears just went all in Cutler.

Edit: looks like it's actually a 3 year deal wrapped in 7 year language.
    What were the numbers for his contract?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I got killed for criticizing Tanny for that and for making him split reps with Vlad in games.

Slauson wasn't the greatest but he was playing with injuries. After his first season as a starter he became a very good pass blocker. His run blocking wasn't the best, especially when he pulled. The few games I watched him this year he looked pretty good all around, probably b.c he was healthy. In a perfect world, if Tanny didn't fvck things up, I think we should have kept him and drafted Winters. I still think Winters is going to improve his pass blocking just as Slauson did. Winters is already a pretty good run blocker.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Yep, and another Tanny bomb right there. If Slauson was still in the mix, Winters could have learned on the pine and then (hopefully) be ready to take over for Colon in '14.

Colon may be resigned, but I'd personally like to see someone less penalty-prone in the role.

From the NYPOST... Funny that Ducasse would win the award if he got more playing time.

Jets leaders in penalties this season: Willie Colon (12), Muhammad Wilkerson (9), Antonio Cromartie (7), Brian Winters (7), Vlad Ducasse (6)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I got killed for criticizing Tanny for that and for making him split reps with Vlad in games.

Slauson wasn't the greatest but he was playing with injuries. After his first season as a starter he became a very good pass blocker. His run blocking wasn't the best, especially when he pulled. The few games I watched him this year he looked pretty good all around, probably b.c he was healthy. In a perfect world, if Tanny didn't fvck things up, I think we should have kept him and drafted Winters. I still think Winters is going to improve his pass blocking just as Slauson did. Winters is already a pretty good run blocker.
    Plus, Winters was a LT in college, he transitioned to guard this year and was hurt for extended periods in camp. The hardest transition from Tackle to Guard is everything happens much quicker inside than it does outside. I am not making excuses for Winter, just stating that he was making a position change and learning on the fly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    let the bidding for McCown begin
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 01-02-2014 at 11:26 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would have been nice to get Slauson back.

It should be interesting to see how much he got.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for Slauson. But people complaining about him not being here need to stop
    because except for a few posters most of the board trashed him