Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dee Milliner comes back to win defensive rookie of month

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Over the 1st 10 games, he looked like the 2nd coming of kyle wilson. Hopefully, he keeps improving over the offseason and becomes great in 2014.
    .It kind of sucks, that it happened at the end of the season,cause just as he's got his act together now he's going to sit at home for 6 months as things were coming together.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Geno and Winters continue to improve, this is shaping up to be one helluva debut draft class by Idzik.

A stud DL, a potential shutdown CB, a QB who has displayed immense talent despite his rookie struggles, an OG who could develop into a solid starter for a number of years, a FB who started right out of the gate and played well for the most part...

No to mention the 4th rounder for Ivory.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    i'd have to think that at least one will be used on D. simply put, despite our NFL-best DL (arguably) and blossoming CB, the LB's need a lot of work (especially ILB... we could legitimately use 3 new starters) and the rest of the secondary is a potential train wreck. OLB, ILB, CB, and S are all still possibilities in the first four rounds depending on how FA goes. that said, like most Jets fans, i'd love if the first four rounds netted us a WR, TE, and some maybe 'non-positionally-descript playmaker' in addition to whatever D talent
    Completely agree with you here.
    If they could sign Worilds & draft another beastly LB, the Jets could look like the 49ers on defense, with a deeper Dline.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lolz DBAKE.....can't catch a break, as all the guys you hate on keep getting accolades.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Here are the Jets last 4 first round picks:

Wilkerson
    Coples
    Milliner
    Richardson

True, they are all defense and we need to go offense this time, but they aren't bad
    Once Austin was gone, they could have gotten Warmack, but there really wasn't an offensive skill option at #13, they could have reached to take Eifert (who went #21) or REALLY reached to take Hopkins or Patterson (who went 28th or 29th). They could have traded down, but if they were high on Richardson, then trading down, just to draft a player you consider to be inferior seems to be counter-productive.

I would think with the amount of WR/TE options available the Jets will get 2 (2 WRs or 1 TE, 1 WR) in the first 3 rounds (if they get Tampa's 69th pick).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Once Austin was gone, they could have gotten Warmack, but there really wasn't an offensive skill option at #13, they could have reached to take Eifert (who went #21) or REALLY reached to take Hopkins or Patterson (who went 28th or 29th). They could have traded down, but if they were high on Richardson, then trading down, just to draft a player you consider to be inferior seems to be counter-productive.

I would think with the amount of WR/TE options available the Jets will get 2 (2 WRs or 1 TE, 1 WR) in the first 3 rounds (if they get Tampa's 69th pick).
    like they absolutely should have and always will, Idzik drafted using the BPA philosophy. and it brought us great dividends. i don't expect him to deviate from that plan at all. we just happen to be very lucky that this year the BPA will very likely be an offensive skill player. this is turning out to be the year of the WR and TE. there may not be a Calvin Johnson or AJ Green 10/10'er but there's plenty of 9's. someone is bound to slip through the cracks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex took a lot of flap from haters here to many outside for saying " dee will be best corner of draft by end of yr" maybe he was right.. He sure didn't coddle dee.. Benched him countless of times.. But Rex also let it be known the confidence he had in him.. Replace Cro, and a even better Milner next yr could make for a nice secondary.. Cro getting burned, dee learning made this secondary easy to shhhit on.. Next yr shouldn't be case..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read an interesting thing about Dee. The article stated that the coverage scheme he played in college did not require him to backpeddle, so he actually started the season without that ability and has had to find ways to cover without using it. Lately though with him healthy and getting more comfortable I think he is able to backpaddle in a game and this will be a huge upgrade area for him with a full healthy offseason to work on it. There were several plays in the last 4 games where he looked REALLY good. High hopes for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dee Millibust

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the talent on defense really is encouraging, and makes you wonder how many of picks in the first 4 rounds will be used on that side, esp. if they keep cro at a lower salary.
    I think you make a very good point.... based upon need, one would think a draft scale tilted on offensive side of ball would make sense given current talent on defensive side of ball.. A lot will have to do with how their draft board is stacked.... What they plan do do in Free Agency.... Can't imagine them not drafting a WR, TE and OL.... however S., OLB and CB could be needs as well.. even depth at ILB...

I am proponent of BAP.... never a fan of a TE in round 1.. even though position has emerged... needs to be a real elite talent for me to do that route...