Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could the 2013 Draft Class be one of the Jets best ever?

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Many of you are too young to remember but the '77 draft was probably our next best with Marvin Powell, Wesley Walker and Joe Klecko (6th round!). A draft where you nab three future pro-bowlers isn't shabby in any era and I think matches the 2000 and 2006 drafts.
    Good point and let's not forget the #1 draft in 1965 when the Jets drafted a QB who guaranteed a victory then backed it up with an MVP performance to win Super Bowl III on January 12, 1969, he was also elected to the HOF in 1985

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    That being said, I do think a horrible draft can be rescued if it produces a franchise QB. You could waste 6 picks but if you snagged a 10-year franchise QB in that draft then it's a success in my book.
    Good example - NE Patriots, 2000.

Adrian Klemm, JR Redmond, and a bunch of other guys who were out of football within 4 years. And some guy named Tom Brady.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lol...holy smokes! Who pissed in your cornflakes today?

Did you see that Dee Milliner was named Defensive Rookie of the Month? Not a month at the beginning of the season, but the last month of the season.

And how about 7 TDs and 2 INTs with a 80+ QB Rating over the final 4 games for Geno Smith? 3 of those 4 being wins.
    Irrelevant. They weren't Pro Bowlers from the first snap of pre-season, so they'll suck for all eternity.

Another thread on this board was still harking back to one play from 2011 to "prove" that one of our CB's is a complete bust. Sheesh.

Whether it's the best or not it's certainly a very encouraging start to the Idzik era!