Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reports are linking Mangini and Tanny to Miami

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Tanny should be strictly a contract/cap guru, he's not a personnel guy and should never be a GM again. Would love this to happen.
    I was going to start this exact ^ thread yesterday. How would they work together and who would coach the team?

Brian Daboll? (joke)

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Miami hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years now, Ireland is a complete joke, and someone who we'd want Miami to retain. Id personally rather not have Mangini get hired in any capacity.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I thought Mangini was looking for a GM position. What additional value could Tannenbaum bring there since he's not even a talent scout?
    Mangini, Talent Side. Tannenbaum, Cap/Contract Side.

Seems rather obvious.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Miami hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years now, Ireland is a complete joke, and someone who we'd want Miami to retain. Id personally rather not have Mangini get hired in any capacity.
    What about the good news that Mangini will be grabbing all the "Mangini Guys" in the draft, leaving us free to draft Idzzy Guys.

Win/WIN

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    What about the good news that Mangini will be grabbing all the "Mangini Guys" in the draft, leaving us free to draft Idzzy Guys.

Win/WIN
    so i guess the boar hunter can move to south beach.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cap/Contract side? I don't know about that; I liked Mike T at first, but if you ask me, other than trading away too many picks, he biggest shortcoming was contract negotiations. He overpaid for Holmes and Sanchez and got schooled by Revis' agents. I could see this. Day 1 Mike T joins, day 2 Wallace holds out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this happens. Should make for a very interesting year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonmajet View Post
    Cap/Contract side? I don't know about that; I liked Mike T at first, but if you ask me, other than trading away too many picks, he biggest shortcoming was contract negotiations. He overpaid for Holmes and Sanchez and got schooled by Revis' agents. I could see this. Day 1 Mike T joins, day 2 Wallace holds out.
    He also overpaid the players he drafted. I have heard people say that part of the reason he did that was to justify his own picks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Extend Ireland!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a second.

Tannenbaum put the Jets into cap hell with his ridiculous contracts and now some people are saying he should strictly be the Lolphins cap guy?

If you want to wish ill will on the Lolphins, I would agree.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He also overpaid the players he drafted. I have heard people say that part of the reason he did that was to justify his own picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wait a second.

Tannenbaum put the Jets into cap hell with his ridiculous contracts and now some people are saying he should strictly be the Lolphins cap guy?

Different ownership will probably mean a different dynamic.
    What Tannenbaum was able to do here (or not do) will probably be different down in Miami.

That being said, let's hope its the failed, latter version they get.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Tanny should be strictly a contract/cap guru, he's not a personnel guy and should never be a GM again. Would love this to happen.
    Ya let him serve up some more contracts like Sanchez, Holmes, ect.. Please be true news..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Tanny can sign Tebow and Brad Smith and create the most dynamic offense ever.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That woulld be great! Please let this rumour be true

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would rather them keep Ireland.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I wonder if we can trade our practice squad for that high Cleveland pick? Why people think Mangini has a good personnel sense is beyond me. He seemed utterly pedestrian as a drafter. And I can hardly wait for his new rules in Miami... "Buehler, Buehler?"
    LOL! You owe me a keyboard (and a cup of tea).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a second.

Freaking seriously. I'll be stoked if Tannenbaum goes there.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a second.

When 2011 rolled around, Tanny was exposed. He did a decent job with Mangini "opening" that window in 2008; but then he fell under Rex's sway. Mangini can be the foil as part of his duties.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Well, Mr. Ross we have a full slate of candidates here to staff the soon to be open position of VIP of Contract Negotiations. We should start with one very promising cand-"

"Where's that Christmas Tree guy who ran the Jersey Jetters?"

"Tannenbaum? Eh, sir I thi-"

"Yeah that guy, the Jew. Just what we need after Incognito dragged all those homosexuals around behind his truck."

"First sir, I don't remember that happening and second I think Mr. Tannenbaum's history in New York would suggest we go in a different direction."

"Didn't he sign that latino kid?"

"Sanchez, well I mean, yeah but he gave him approximately 500 million a season."

"Yeah and Sherlock Holmes, signed him to."

"Ahem, I think you mean Santonio and yes, he was signed to a contract which paid roughly 9 million dollars an offensive play."

"THAT IS THE MAN I WANT, HERE IS MY CHECKBOOK SEND IT TO HIM OVERNIGHT AND GIVE HIM POWER OF ATTORNEY POST HASTE!"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    When 2011 rolled around, Tanny was exposed. He did a decent job with Mangini "opening" that window in 2008; but then he fell under Rex's sway. Mangini can be the foil as part of his duties.
    I also think he got a little full of himself and started actually believing the hype that he was a cap guru.