Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Tickets - Did any PSL owners win the right to buy tickets?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Bowl Tickets - Did any PSL owners win the right to buy tickets?

When the snake oil salesmen were selling us our PSL's, I remember being told that one of the benefits would be the opportunity to win SB tickets when the game was held at MetLife.

With the SB just a few weeks away, I was wondering if any JI members won (or know of anyone who won) the right to buy tickets to this year's game.

BTW - When I won the lottery for tickets to the Super Bowl held in Dallas, I was notified well before the holidays.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i remember them telling me they would have a lottery for 5,000 to 10,000 tix. i think they were lieing just to sell the PSL's

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    i remember them telling me they would have a lottery for 5,000 to 10,000 tix. i think they were lieing just to sell the PSL's
    I haven't heard anything from anyone on this. I am guessing they offered them only to people with the Coaches Club PSL...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing

Probably only offered to Gnats fans

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke to the ticket office a few weeks ago. They said they would send out an email end of December or Early Jan. That it would be just 5% of all tickets, split between the Jets/Giants and it would be for all PSL owners.

Waiting to get my email.

BZ

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
    I spoke to the ticket office a few weeks ago. They said they would send out an email end of December or Early Jan. That it would be just 5% of all tickets, split between the Jets/Giants and it would be for all PSL owners.

Waiting to get my email.

BZ
    So Jets get 2.5% of the stadium for Jets PSL owners? Has to be going primarily to Club owners then.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1520 View Post
    So Jets get 2.5% of the stadium for Jets PSL owners? Has to be going primarily to Club owners then.
    Who knows how it will happen, but it is happening.

BZ

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Before I canceled my season tix last year (after 35 years) when I had the PSL they said that a lottery of 12,500 tix would be split evenly between JET & Giant PSL season ticket holders another 12,500 tix to each competing team season ticket holders a small amout 2-tix toeach player in NFL the 50% of tix go to sponsors.
    Last edited by joiseyjet; 01-02-2014 at 06:30 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I won a pair of Nike Jets sneakers in September, I hope this doesn't preclude me from getting Super Bowl tickets.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    That's not what they told me. Your sales rep obviously duped you. LOL. Caveat emptor, Big Dan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't heard a thing.

You would have thought this would have been determined and settled by now, but if the people in charge of running the distribution of Jets tickets had a say/hand in this, we will probably be notified January 29.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Haven't heard a thing.

You would have thought this would have been determined and settled by now, but if the people in charge of running the distribution of Jets tickets had a say/hand in this, we will probably be notified January 29.
    like I was saying they told me the home stadium team went into a lottery for 12,500 tixbut since we share the home stadium that number gets split with theGiants 6,250tix for each team with each name picked gets to buy a max of 2 seats.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    like I was saying they told me the home stadium team went into a lottery for 12,500 tixbut since we share the home stadium that number gets split with theGiants 6,250tix for each team with each name picked gets to buy a max of 2 seats.
    That's all well and good, but when will those 3,125 ticket holders be informed that they have an option to buy tickets? The day before the game? We're 29 days away and as far as I know not a single season ticket holder has been contacted.

I would love the opportunity to purchase and attend the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    That's all well and good, but when will those 3,125 ticket holders be informed that they have an option to buy tickets? The day before the game? We're 29 days away and as far as I know not a single season ticket holder has been contacted.

I would love the opportunity to purchase and attend the game.
    Yes they will, they usually start going out at end of reg.season if your.team doesn't make it to finals ,they'll apply.funds to next years ST's

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody figured the economy was so bad he would buy the Jets share of the tickets not to burden the loyal Jets fan families who pay through the ass for anything Jets and stadium related throughout the course of the year!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Figure that the Jets will sell the tix on stubhub, just like they do when they dump regular season tix. But in the case of the superbowl, they will make money on them.

If your a Jets PSL holder, and want SB tix from the Jets?, you will have to buy them on stubhub.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't heard anything either. You know someone on here has to get that call...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-a...-benefits.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    Figure that the Jets will sell the tix on stubhub, just like they do when they dump regular season tix. But in the case of the superbowl, they will make money on them.

If your a Jets PSL holder, and want SB tix from the Jets?, you will have to buy them on stubhub.
    NFL rules would prevent that.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post

I hope theJets & giants try that,cause when first sent out letters selling PSL's it says in bold print ,AS A PSL YOU HAVE THE AVANTAGE OF BUYING SUPERBOWL TICKETS FIRST! & ,,if they buypass all the psl owners I would think that will void every PSL out there .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody Johnson on tailgating at the Super Bowl
    "We’re going to have tailgating," Johnson said. "It’s just not going to be as (spread out) ... and the fans will expect that, they’re not going to expect to bring out lawn chairs and all that in the parking lot at the Super Bowl with such limited parking. But they can open their trunk and still have fun with their friends right around there but they can only do it in the confines of their space, unlike regular games where they can spread out a little more."

He doesn't even know the rules of stadium at no time are you supposed to spread out and take up more than 1 space.