Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Tickets - Did any PSL owners win the right to buy tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by ALJETS View Post
    Woody Johnson on tailgating at the Super Bowl
    "We’re going to have tailgating," Johnson said. "It’s just not going to be as (spread out) ... and the fans will expect that, they’re not going to expect to bring out lawn chairs and all that in the parking lot at the Super Bowl with such limited parking. But they can open their trunk and still have fun with their friends right around there but they can only do it in the confines of their space, unlike regular games where they can spread out a little more."

He doesn't even know the rules of stadium at no time are you supposed to spread out and take up more than 1 space.
    But he knows how to hose the fans.

woody should just keep his mouth shut.

"We’re going to have tailgating," Johnson said. "It’s just not going to be as (spread out) ... and the fans will expect that, they’re not going to expect to bring out lawn chairs and all that in the parking lot at the Super Bowl with such limited parking. But they can open their trunk and still have fun with their friends right around there but they can only do it in the confines of their space, unlike regular games where they can spread out a little more."

He doesn't even know the rules of stadium at no time are you supposed to spread out and take up more than 1 space.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1520 View Post
    So Jets get 2.5% of the stadium for Jets PSL owners? Has to be going primarily to Club owners then.
    I have club seats and have heard little too. Something tells me the three Jets season ticket holders that get them will have the last name Johnson.....

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Haven't heard anything either. You know someone on here has to get that call...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-a...-benefits.html
    Looks like it's for all season ticket holders. Not just PSL or just CLUB. Probably just weighted different depending on number of years as a STH and number of seats

Here's an article about the Giants and such...it may be early (hard to believe)...and there's only a relatively few tickets to go around.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...nnections.html

All Pro

plenty of STH have more than 1 space.
    others park w friends or near the fences and
    have more space that way too.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-05-2014 at 10:40 PM.

All League
    I spoke to my rep today. The Jets have not conducted their lottery.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Thats because when the JETS & Giants were making all those promises concerning future SB tix. in that stadium (at the time) there had never been a SB in a open air stadium & they thought at the time there nevr would be one in the future. but they used the promises to con season ticket holders into buying those PSL`s & now they have to figure out howto make good on them cause if they don`t , I can see a lot of season ticket holders getting those PSL`s voided out & once a presetent is set.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

From that NJ.com article in Sept.. albeit about the Giants lottery:

"The team will enter every Personal Seat License account holder into a lottery that will be held in mid-January. Names that are drawn will be able to buy two tickets, Hanlon said."

not saying it's likely we'll see anyone here get SB tix, but who knows..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Have not yet or have not because they're already allocated towards suite holders and high priced clubs?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Thats because when the JETS & Giants were making all those promises concerning future SB tix. in that stadium (at the time) there had never been a SB in a open air stadium & they thought at the time there nevr would be one in the future. but they used the promises to con season ticket holders into buying those PSL`s & now they have to figure out howto make good on them cause if they don`t , I can see a lot of season ticket holders getting those PSL`s voided out & once a presetent is set.
    In cold weather states..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Nowhere on the PSL contract does it say anything about PSL holders having the right to purchase to SB tickets. The team has full jurisdiction on how their allotment of tickets will be distributed. After all the insiders get what they need, the remainder will be made available to the fans. And I'm willing to bet whatever the number of tickets available to Jets & Giants STHs, they will all be located in the far reaches of the endzone Upper Deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Nowhere on the PSL contract does it say anything about PSL holders having the right to purchase to SB tickets. The team has full jurisdiction on how their allotment of tickets will be distributed. After all the insiders get what they need, the remainder will be made available to the fans. And I'm willing to bet whatever the number of tickets available to Jets & Giants STHs, they will all be located in the far reaches of the endzone Upper Deck.
    It's obvious PSL buyers were conned if that's the case, and telling someone something in a sales pitch does account for something.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It's obvious PSL buyers were conned if that's the case, and telling someone something in a sales pitch does account for something.
    They were not conned. They are mis-remembering. Having a PSl gives you a shot at SB tickets. They have a shot at them. A long shot, but a chance none-the-less. And not for nothing, but is their really a PSL owner out there who bought PSLs because they *thought* it would *guarantee* them Super Bowl tickets? Did they forget it is a shared stadium? Are they really that naive?

PSL owners have a right to be pissed off about a lot of things, but this issue is not one of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    They were not conned. They are mis-remembering. Having a PSl gives you a shot at SB tickets. They have a shot at them. A long shot, but a chance none-the-less. And not for nothing, but is their really a PSL owner out there who bought PSLs because they *thought* it would *guarantee* them Super Bowl tickets? Did they forget it is a shared stadium? Are they really that naive?

PSL owners have a right to be pissed off about a lot of things, but this issue is not one of them.
    No we were conned & mis represented in the sale of the PSL`s (we are not mis-remembering ) and no-one said it guaranteed us Superbowl tix but that we would be put in alottery of 12,500 TIX (3,125 for giant psl owners & 3,125 for JET fan psl owners.Each winners would be able to buy 2 tix .

this article says the host jets/giants get 2,480 tix each, my psl rep said 5,000 to 10,000 would be in the lottery for jets/giants fans, guess its close per this article

Last edited by bigdanNJ; 01-07-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    this article says the host jets/giants get 2,480 tix each, my psl rep said 5,000 to 10,000 would be in the lottery for jets/giants fans, guess its close per this article

Close, it seems to me they are waiting to get called out on everything,then making good on those promises.& they don't get called out on something,they are probably not worrying about making good on it.

Anyone else receive the e-mail about updating your information prior to January 13? Think it could have something to do with the drawing so they can contact the right people ASAP?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Anyone else receive the e-mail about updating your information prior to January 13? Think it could have something to do with the drawing so they can contact the right people ASAP?
    Yes

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yes I did and thought the same thing, I called the ticket office and was told they are waiting on their team allotment from the NFL before doing a lottery.