Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: For those complaining about the Jets "Busts" from this year's draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Hael View Post
    It's pretty crazy to call the Pats draft a bust. They didn't have a first rnder, yet managed to have one of the best and deepest classes in the NFL. They have two future starters at wr in KT (UDFA) and Dobson who both were solid contributors and have all pro potential down the road, but for now look like solid starting nfl grade 2s. Boyce also looked good in limited snaps.

They secured a bonafide nfl starter level 2 corner and a 2 safety in Ryan and Harmon, an elite athleticism grade project player in Collins who fills a situational coverage need now and may develop into something more later, as well as two great special team players and a pretty excellent punter. A lot of these rookies have made NE one of the best st teams in the nfl this season.

They didn't get a player like Richardson who is one of the best dts in the league, but in the nfl nowadays, depth and salary hits is as important as elite talent.
    You gotta be kidding me

Quote Originally Posted by Hael View Post
    It's pretty crazy to call the Pats draft a bust. They didn't have a first rnder, yet managed to have one of the best and deepest classes in the NFL. They have two future starters at wr in KT (UDFA) and Dobson who both were solid contributors and have all pro potential down the road, but for now look like solid starting nfl grade 2s. Boyce also looked good in limited snaps.

They secured a bonafide nfl starter level 2 corner and a 2 safety in Ryan and Harmon, an elite athleticism grade project player in Collins who fills a situational coverage need now and may develop into something more later, as well as two great special team players and a pretty excellent punter. A lot of these rookies have made NE one of the best st teams in the nfl this season.

They didn't get a player like Richardson who is one of the best dts in the league, but in the nfl nowadays, depth and salary hits is as important as elite talent.
    I love the Pats fan twist; Bellicheat drafts average players over studs because he wants to avoid having to pay elite players down the road. We will see how his brilliant strategy pays off when Brady is no longer carrying him to 11 win seasons with sub par talent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Quien?
    Chris Ivory is part of the Jets' 2013 draft haul, as he was acquired for their 4th round pick in-draft.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Chris Ivory is part of the Jets' 2013 draft haul, as he was acquired for their 4th round pick in-draft.
    There is no doubt that Idzik drafted well this year. That also included Revis walking for free at this point if the trade didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I love the Pats fan twist; Bellicheat drafts average players over studs because he wants to avoid having to pay elite players down the road. We will see how his brilliant strategy pays off when Brady is no longer carrying him to 11 win seasons with sub par talent.
    They had two WRs contribute with 30+ catches in their rookie season. They had another guy start half the season and pick off 4 passes, again, as a rookie. The Pats, Bills, and Jets, all seemed to have great drafts. I'd agree that the Pats didn't get a guy who looks like a "superstar" (But Wilk and Revis were both starting as rookies, but didn't look like the top tier players they became). I'd say fans of all 3 teams would be quite happy with how the players developed by the end of the season.

If the Jets had draft where players contributed like they did on the Pats this season, I think most would be talking about how good the Jets draft was. Because they dont have the Richardson/Alonzo player, I'd rate the Pats draft lower (again, after 1 season, a lot can happen), but still a good haul.

Yes it's nice to have an elite QB, but I'd put it this way... It's better to have 2 solid lbs that are staring for you then to have Clay Matthews and a JAG starting for you. Especially because you are an unlucky injury away from being in a world of hurt.

We've seen it all year in the NFL. Teams with depth manage to ninja some wins from teams with much more talent, and teams that are front loaded with talent end up exposed at some point (Cincinnati, San Fran, etc).

As far as qbs go, even there you can do ok with a Matt Cassel provided the team is well coached and is solid across the board.

And I won't even get into the cap considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Somewhere, sg3 is shaking his head.

Are you really using tackles as the measure of how good a cb is?

Bellicheat will pull a Pat Riley/Phil Jackson and only pick a team that already has a great roster/Franchise QB. So if the Colts can't win a Super bowl for the next 2-3 years and Brady retires in 3 years (at 39/40), then expect Bellicheat to retire for a week and then become the next head coach for Luck.
    Big difference between Riley and Phil Jackson. Riley built championship teams. Phil Jackson was given the keys.

Either way I agree Bill Belchick will weasel his way out of foxboro the day Brady retires. He is too scared he'd tarnish his legacy trying to rebuild.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    2nd Round (#52 Overall) Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss -- BUST

The only good thing coming out of that draft from them is trading for Blount. Even his impact is minimal.
    How's that crow tasting this morning?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA.....Dennard 2 picks, Collins a pick, and Hightower a pick. All drafted.

LMAO at the prisoner of the moment syndrome. How good did that Pats defense look in many games this year -- NO, Jets, Denver, Cleveland, Miami, etc. Bailed out several times by very questionable calls and Tammy's ability to come back in games. Let's see how that great defense does next week if they play Denver. I eagerly await to see the defensive genius/guru's (aka, fraud, Belicheat) gameplan to stop the NFL's most prolific offense this season...assuming Denver wins today.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    LMAO at the prisoner of the moment syndrome. How good did that Pats defense look in many games this year -- NO, Jets, Denver, Cleveland, Miami, etc. Bailed out several times by very questionable calls and Tammy's ability to come back in games. Let's see how that great defense does next week if they play Denver. I eagerly await to see the defensive genius/guru's (aka, fraud, Belicheat) gameplan to stop the NFL's most prolific offense this season...assuming Denver wins today.
    Who cares, even if they make it to the SB, the NFC is winning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Who cares, even if they make it to the SB, the NFC is winning it.
    AFC champ will have a puncher's chance against Seattle, none whatsoever against SF.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA.....Dennard 2 picks, Collins a pick, and Hightower a pick. All drafted.
    Do you think those were great plays, or more kind of mistakes that they got lucky with? Oh yeah I forgot...HAHAHAHA

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    AFC champ will have a puncher's chance against Seattle, none whatsoever against SF.
    Denver will have a good chance depending on the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    That post was made based on his regular season performance, which was accurate. No one besides his mom would have thought he would dominate like he did Saturday night.

Jamie Collins is going to be a really good player.