View Poll Results: What week will Sanchez start his first game?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Week 1

    26 18.98%
  • Week 2

    1 0.73%
  • Week 3

    2 1.46%
  • Week 4

    2 1.46%
  • Week 5

    0 0%
  • Week 6

    0 0%
  • Week 7

    0 0%
  • Mark is going to be cut

    99 72.26%
  • It doesn't matter, SOJ

    4 2.92%
  • Johnny Manziel is our future

    3 2.19%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 119

Thread: If Sanchez is back next year, how long before he beats out Geno?

  1. #61
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Ditto + 1000 further his mere presence will cause a divide on the team just as it does here. A team divided will FAIL. Suckchez must go elsewhere. Besides for such an expensive QB he sucks!
    I wasn't talking about the Jets my point was it's not inconceivable he could play well on another team..

  2. #62
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    are you for real?
    He;s a troll, playing games. In one of his posts, in this thread he called the Jets a circus. Case closed.

  3. #63
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Cromartie couldn't even name his own kids. I don't think he's a good source.

    Mark would have won the QB battle had Rex brain not crashed in that Giants game.
    Cro may be a dumb **** but he is a starting JETS player. I'll take his word over a person who can't get the basic facts straight.

    No, you think he would have been named starter. If it were so clear cut he would not have been in the game at that point. **** mark threw a td the other way to yet another DE on like his second pass of the preseason. The fact that there was even a competition between Mark as a fifth year vet and a raw rookie tells you how pathetic mark as a qb was and continues to be.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 01-07-2014 at 04:49 PM.

  4. #64
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    I'm not entirely sold on this idea. Why cut your best QB?

  5. #65
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    well we did win the snoopy bowl


    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Cromartie couldn't even name his own kids. I don't think he's a good source.

    Mark would have won the QB battle had Rex brain not crashed in that Giants game.

  6. #66
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Football is all about next man up.

    If Mark beats out Geno in a fair competition it a good thing.
    If Mark beats out Geno he had a great training camp. I see it as a plus, that means with the new weapons the Jets SHOULD get
    the Jets will improve.

  7. #67
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    sanchez will start next year, he did win 4 playoff games on the road and brought us to back to back afc championship games.

  8. #68
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post

  9. #69
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I disagree. When he hits the open market he will get plenty of interest. Guys like him get 2nd chances. Most of the time they don't work out, but NFL teams are desperate. JAX, HOU, CLE, OAK, MIN, maybe TB, TEN, and even StL might take a peak. These are all teams that are seriously going to consider drafting a QB, or at the very least bringing some competition in. Sanchez will have interest without a doubt if he hits the open market, and someone will pay him more than we will. Now restructuring him without a release is a possibility, however I think Sanchez's agent will push for his release unless we offer a very good contract.
    Plenty of interest, but to what extent remains to be seen. Sanchez is still a QB coming off of shoulder surgery, teams won't be lining up to give him a starting opportunity, but rather a chance to compete, which is what the Jets can also offer.

    I think bringing Sanchez back after they rid themselves of his current contract would be a good move. Why any other vet QB over Sanchez? I'm actually in favor of brining in a player like Vick, but I'm not sure there are other FA QB's out there that I'd rather take over Sanchez.

  10. #70
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Plenty of interest, but to what extent remains to be seen. Sanchez is still a QB coming off of shoulder surgery, teams won't be lining up to give him a starting opportunity, but rather a chance to compete, which is what the Jets can also offer.

    I think bringing Sanchez back after they rid themselves of his current contract would be a good move. Why any other vet QB over Sanchez? I'm actually in favor of brining in a player like Vick, but I'm not sure there are other FA QB's out there that I'd rather take over Sanchez.
    Back in 2009 Alex Smith was going into the 5th year of a his bloated rookie contract, which was prior to the current CBA rookie scale. Up to that point, he had put up what many would consider Sanchez-esque or worse numbers w/o any playoff runs to soften the blow. He was completed just 54.6% of his passes while amassing 19 TDs to 31 INTs. He started roughly only half the games he could have played in due of injury and benchings. Like Sanchez it was a far gone conclusion that the 49ers would cut Smith as he was set to make 8 figures the upcoming season and was coming off a season where he was placed on IR because of a major shoulder injury. Rather than starting over with a new team and there were teams interested, Smith restructured his contract and sharply reduced his base salary to remain with the 49ers. All he was granted in return was the "opportunity" to compete for the starting job. The emphasize "opportunity" because he did NOT win the job. Shaun Hill beat him out in TC. Smith accepted the back-up role until he was called in to supplant Hill mid-way through the season. From that point on, he yielded the 49ers a 27-17-1 record, a NFCCG appearance and 2nd round draft pick.

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread should NOT exist.

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Plenty of interest, but to what extent remains to be seen. Sanchez is still a QB coming off of shoulder surgery, teams won't be lining up to give him a starting opportunity, but rather a chance to compete, which is what the Jets can also offer.

    I think bringing Sanchez back after they rid themselves of his current contract would be a good move. Why any other vet QB over Sanchez? I'm actually in favor of brining in a player like Vick, but I'm not sure there are other FA QB's out there that I'd rather take over Sanchez.
    Vick doesn't want to be a backup.. He's not going to be a vet backup who will help or support geno.. He wants to play, and at his age I don't blame him.. I just think geno needs a supportive backup, 1 who accepts the backup role and willing to help geno.. Vick would be jawing to the press that he should be the starter the moment geno struggled.. Sanchez didn't seem willing to help geno in preseason but he certainly seemed to adopt a team player attitude after getting hurt and helped geno along.. That may change when mark is ready to go.. Personally I think a change of scenery is best for mark if he wants a chance in rebounding his career.. His pride will probably be hurt when he is released of his current contract.. Having to take 1/3 pay to be backup here could hurt his already shaken confidence.. Coming off injury we don't know how reliable he could be as a backup.. Plus he never was a backup before.. It could be a tough transition going from top dog, to guy who plays garbage time, half a game if geno gets hurt, or come in middle of game if geno struggling only to be put back on bench next game.. There are a lot of qbs who have come to accept that role.. I'd look around and see who fits that role.. Kyle orton would be my #1 choice if he is a FA.. Few others I'd consider over mark.. And if I was mark there is many other teams I'd consider backup than the jets.. San Diego, greenbay, ect.. He is a qb who needs great weapons around him like he had in college..

  13. #73
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    18 people have such short memory that they voted week 1.

    Amazing. Thats the nice way to say it. Unless 56 voted 18 times.

  14. #74
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    Back in 2009 Alex Smith was going into the 5th year of a his bloated rookie contract, which was prior to the current CBA rookie scale. Up to that point, he had put up what many would consider Sanchez-esque or worse numbers w/o any playoff runs to soften the blow. He was completed just 54.6% of his passes while amassing 19 TDs to 31 INTs. He started roughly only half the games he could have played in due of injury and benchings. Like Sanchez it was a far gone conclusion that the 49ers would cut Smith as he was set to make 8 figures the upcoming season and was coming off a season where he was placed on IR because of a major shoulder injury. Rather than starting over with a new team and there were teams interested, Smith restructured his contract and sharply reduced his base salary to remain with the 49ers. All he was granted in return was the "opportunity" to compete for the starting job. The emphasize "opportunity" because he did NOT win the job. Shaun Hill beat him out in TC. Smith accepted the back-up role until he was called in to supplant Hill mid-way through the season. From that point on, he yielded the 49ers a 27-17-1 record, a NFCCG appearance and 2nd round draft pick.
    And of you look at both QBs after 5seasons, Sanchez is the better player. Better TD to INT, winning % and accomplishments.

  15. #75
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Take into account the situation Sanchez was in. Take into account the situation Geno was in. If you put them both on level footing, Sanchez would be a better QB.
    Um what situation is that exactly - a top 3 rushing offense, veteran offensive line and WRs like cotch, braylon (healthy) and holmes (playing for a contract).

    On top of that, your argument makes no sense, because to put them on "level footing" would also mean we need to give Geno at least another full season of NFL experience.

    Geno had better numbers his rookie season then sanchez did in his 5th. Yes we had a better OC this year, but at some point it becomes simply whether the QB is good or not. Sanchez threw a pick 6 on a screen pass in his first preseason game with MM as his OC - the exact same thing he has done the last 5 years. On top of that, he let time expire with his team in the redzone, there is NO EXCUSE FOR THAT WHATSOEVER. Its his 5th year in the NFL and his 15th+ year playing QB in his life and he doesnt get it.

    Im amazed that anyone could support a QB who led the league in turnovers the last 2 seasons he started, regressed in every way possible, and showed ZERO command of the position at any point in his career. Lets start him!

  16. #76
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Um what situation is that exactly - a top 3 rushing offense, veteran offensive line and WRs like cotch, braylon (healthy) and holmes (playing for a contract).

    On top of that, your argument makes no sense, because to put them on "level footing" would also mean we need to give Geno at least another full season of NFL experience.

    Geno had better numbers his rookie season then sanchez did in his 5th. Yes we had a better OC this year, but at some point it becomes simply whether the QB is good or not. Sanchez threw a pick 6 on a screen pass in his first preseason game with MM as his OC - the exact same thing he has done the last 5 years. On top of that, he let time expire with his team in the redzone, there is NO EXCUSE FOR THAT WHATSOEVER. Its his 5th year in the NFL and his 15th+ year playing QB in his life and he doesnt get it.

    Im amazed that anyone could support a QB who led the league in turnovers the last 2 seasons he started, regressed in every way possible, and showed ZERO command of the position at any point in his career. Lets start him!
    Some people can just open their eyes a bit more. Eli Manning has more turnovers than anyone the last 5 seasons, and had a worst year than Geno. You can look at any negative stat you want. Mark has produced the most TDs in a season by a QB in Jet history. You can also choose to look at the positive and open your mind. If Idzik feels that it can help the team by bringing Mark back, i will be for it. If he decides to move on, i will support that as well. But i'm confident he will be more prudent than the fans. Jason over at Jetscap, who does great work, wrote a piece about how it might make sense for them to bring him back.

  17. #77
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    It's silly. If the goal is to win games, you keep your best players. There are a slew of other useless bums on the team that they should get rid of.
    Sanchez has ZERO upside. We will never be more than we are today with him as QB!! He can be cut and brought back for vet minimum at best. Geno has way note upside and needs time to develop with some weapons. Sanchez had his chance.

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the dumbest thread ever. The premise that Sanchez would start again is too far-fetched to consider. And why do your answers only assume he could be cut or start eventually. Isn't it most likely that if he stays he will be a backup? He does suck, after all.

  19. #79
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    How this thread even reached 4 pages is beyond me

  20. #80
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    sanchez will start next year, he did win 4 playoff games on the road and brought us to back to back afc championship games.
    Hi Magnus. I don't think so. He is truly horrible and only those in love have trouble seeing that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us