Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ireland and Dolphins Part Ways

Interesting-Is Ross going to hire a GM and force him to keep Philbin?

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I still like Tanny - I'd be sad to see him go to the Fins, guys got ballz
    His gambles and total all in philosophy is what has lead to this team having a totaly bare cupboard. He simply disregarded the value of mid to late round picks killing depth and making idzik clean up a real mess. The most bewildering thing about the Rex/Tanny era is that it was based on win now and yet they went out and got a rookie qb and put all their money on him.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    It's been reported that Philbin's job is safe for now.

I think he might ask the new GM to keep Philbin for 1 more year then fire him if Miami doesn't improve

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    It's been reported that Philbin's job is safe for now.

I think he might ask the new GM to keep Philbin for 1 more year then fire him if Miami doesn't improve
    agreed, After 2 weeks of candidates being picked over and likely 3 - 4 weeks when a new gm can be put in place, philbin should stay. He has only been there two years. And the team is heading in the right direction.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    agreed, After 2 weeks of candidates being picked over and likely 3 - 4 weeks when a new gm can be put in place, philbin should stay. He has only been there two years. And the team is heading in the right direction.
    Right direction???

- Philbin ran a dysfunctional locker room which brought about the Incognito situation

- They had an absolutely worthless 2013 draft

- They were 8-6 and had the playoffs in their control and got whipped the final two games
    of the season

- They need to find a GM and force a coach on him and need to find an OC

Other than that, they look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Right direction???

- Philbin ran a dysfunctional locker room which brought about the Incognito situation

- They were 8-6 and had the playoffs in their control and got whipped the final two games
    of the season

Right direction???

of the season

They got whipped by 2 non-playoff teams to boot. I mean, 8-6 and lose to the Broncos and Patriots, I could understand and forgive. They lost to the Bills and Jets. Non-playoff divisional teams. Philbin just does not seem like a good football coach to me. His demeanor just does not relate to today's players in my opinion.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Tom Gamble is the Fins #1 choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Tom Gamble is the Fins #1 choice.
    I was hoping the we were going to hire him. I remember when it was reported that Gamble was a sure thing. So much for that. This would be a good hire by the Fins, which would piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    Well it's customary for a new GM to hire the HC he wants.

Amirite ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    I was hoping the we were going to hire him. I remember when it was reported that Gamble was a sure thing. So much for that. This would be a good hire by the Fins, which would piss me off.
    We'll see. And we have no idea if it will be a good hire either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    They got whipped by 2 non-playoff teams to boot. I mean, 8-6 and lose to the Broncos and Patriots, I could understand and forgive. They lost to the Bills and Jets. Non-playoff divisional teams. Philbin just does not seem like a good football coach to me. His demeanor just does not relate to today's players in my opinion.
    And scored a total of 7 points in those games..

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    We'll see. And we have no idea if it will be a good hire either.
    If the reports are true that Ross wanted Ireland to Report to Dawn Aponte, would Gamble even want the position. It seems Ross would want Gamble for his scouting abilities and Aponte overseeing Gamble. Hopefully thats the case so any respected GM candidate would steer clear of Miami.

All League
    The MIA and TB situations show the hypocrisy of the media. Last year we kept our coach and found a GM
    and everyone screamed how dysfunctional the Jets are. I'm not hearing the same outrage with these two
    teams

You're right and the reason is twofold: New York market (nobody cares about Florida) and the JETS are without a doubt the media's whipping boy.
    The MIA and TB situations show the hypocrisy of the media. Last year we kept our coach and found a GM
    and everyone screamed how dysfunctional the Jets are. I'm not hearing the same outrage with these two
    teams

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    If the reports are true that Ross wanted Ireland to Report to Dawn Aponte, would Gamble even want the position. It seems Ross would want Gamble for his scouting abilities and Aponte overseeing Gamble. Hopefully thats the case so any respected GM candidate would steer clear of Miami.
    Some think Ross may hire her to be the new GM.. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...st-female-g-m/

All League
    What a dysfunctional "circus" MIA is:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/0...-of-miami.html

People are backstabbing one another to move up the ladder. Do they
    really think they are going to get a good GM???

Hall Of Fame
    Right direction???

of the season

Aside from the worthless draft in 2013, those other points could be said about another team we all follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Some think Ross may hire her to be the new GM.. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...st-female-g-m/
    That would be great! I dont want them getting Tom Gamble. I would be suprised if he left Philly if he didnt have full control as the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Aside from the worthless draft in 2013, those other points could be said about another team we all follow.
    Well, true. But the difference is in the preseason this was supposed to be MIA's coming out year.