Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jets next TE!

Rookie

The Jets next TE!

http://youtu.be/5GgY1-xjk4E

UNC TE Eric Ebron

All League
    Seam Buster. Attacks the ball. Can win jump balls. If Watkins and Evans are gone, this is who I want at 18.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 01-07-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jims jetts View Post

UNC TE Eric Ebron

GO HEELS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jims jetts View Post

UNC TE Eric Ebron
    Very Jason Wittonesk

All Pro
    I offer as a reuttle witness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2WmPZZ3TWI

And i can get him on the last day of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Can't open the link on my iPad, let me guess Lyerla?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Can't open the link on my iPad, let me guess Lyerla?
    Yep, kid has Gronk type talent.

All League
    hopefully. ebron is my favorite player this year.

It's easy to get enamored with these highlight videos, but damn that dude looks like the recipe.

I like Ebron, but would rather have Amaro or ASJ

Yep, kid has Gronk type talent.
    And Tony Montana recreational habits

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I had been leaning towards Amaro if the top WR's are gone. def an impressive highlight video!

Agreed. Give me Ebron at 18. This kid has Jimmy Graham Type talent. and then best available WR in the 2nd. eric ebron.jpg

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    And Tony Montana recreational habits
    Old Tony made it to the "Top Of The World" Thou didn't he.

All League

Even his highlight video sucks and you are comparing him to Ebron. SMH

Undrafted Free Agent
    Dead serious when I say this: why not get both Ebron and Lyerla? If Lyerla is really going to be there day 3, I'm totally ok with going Ebron in the first, whichever one of the big name receivers inevitably falls to us in the 2 (though preferably Beckham or Robinson), whichever RB can either A) block well or B) is speedy and catches the ball, playmaker for Geno in the 3. BPA from the on until Lyerla. You can't have enough big guys with explosiveness, and who can catch, in this league now. I think the offense makes major strides with this draft.

Here's another guy to look out for who just declared

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egrPexio2Wg

If we decide to go WR in the 1st, I wouldn't mind grabbing him in the mid rounds

Below is the police account of Lyerla's "situation" along with the 4 driving violations he had that led to a suspended license.

I think the biggest concern is the pretty clear pattern of awful decision making, dicipline and actual law breaking/drug use. Plus, while he certainly looks the part from a size/speed standpoint, he only had 25 catches in 2012 which seems low.

I have no problem using a 6-7th round pick on him.

According to the account in the affidavit:

•On Oct. 23 at approximately 5 p.m., Lyerla parked directly in front of undercover officers engaged in surveillance on an unrelated case in a bank parking lot at Seventh Avenue and Polk Street. As officers took photographs, Lyerla began “dipping his fingers in white powder and snorting the powder through his nose, while looking in the vehicle rear-view mirror. Afterwards, he used his fingers to rub his gums.” Officers recognized a woman also park in the same lot, a woman Lyerla would later ride to his apartment with.
    •Shortly after two plain-clothes officers spoke with Lyerla and read him his Miranda rights, they found a “sandwich-size bag” that was “coated inside of white powder.” While hand-cuffed, he admitted the powder was cocaine in an interview in the officers’ vehicle and said he and other friends bought the “an 8-ball” of the drug -- about 1/8th of an ounce -- while at a Portland strip club.
    •After agreeing to allow officers to search his apartment near Autzen Stadium, Lyerla asked to ride to his apartment with the woman. As officers followed the pair, she “began driving erratically and speeding” and “swerved in and out of lanes of traffic as detectives … attempted to catch up.” After slowing to park outside Lyerla’s Kinsrow Avenue apartment, Lyerla “quickly exited and sprinted out of view, not waiting for the vehicle to physically stop” and was out of sight for an estimated one-to-two minutes. The woman told investigators that Lyerla “became upset and instructed her to get to his apartment because he possessed a set of scales.”

May 31, 2011: Failure to use a seatbelt. Cited in Eugene.
    May 7, 2013: Speeding, 84 mph in a 65 mph zone. Cited in Lane County.
    July 13, 2013: Speeding, rates not immediately known. Cited in Washington state.
    July 16, 2013: Speeding, 50 mph in a 35 mph zone. Cited in Eugene.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Below is the police account of Lyerla's "situation" along with the 4 driving violations he had that led to a suspended license.

I think the biggest concern is the pretty clear pattern of awful decision making, dicipline and actual law breaking/drug use. Plus, while he certainly looks the part from a size/speed standpoint, he only had 25 catches in 2012 which seems low.

I have no problem using a 6-7th round pick on him.

According to the account in the affidavit:

•On Oct. 23 at approximately 5 p.m., Lyerla parked directly in front of undercover officers engaged in surveillance on an unrelated case in a bank parking lot at Seventh Avenue and Polk Street. As officers took photographs, Lyerla began “dipping his fingers in white powder and snorting the powder through his nose, while looking in the vehicle rear-view mirror. Afterwards, he used his fingers to rub his gums.” Officers recognized a woman also park in the same lot, a woman Lyerla would later ride to his apartment with.
    •Shortly after two plain-clothes officers spoke with Lyerla and read him his Miranda rights, they found a “sandwich-size bag” that was “coated inside of white powder.” While hand-cuffed, he admitted the powder was cocaine in an interview in the officers’ vehicle and said he and other friends bought the “an 8-ball” of the drug -- about 1/8th of an ounce -- while at a Portland strip club.
    •After agreeing to allow officers to search his apartment near Autzen Stadium, Lyerla asked to ride to his apartment with the woman. As officers followed the pair, she “began driving erratically and speeding” and “swerved in and out of lanes of traffic as detectives … attempted to catch up.” After slowing to park outside Lyerla’s Kinsrow Avenue apartment, Lyerla “quickly exited and sprinted out of view, not waiting for the vehicle to physically stop” and was out of sight for an estimated one-to-two minutes. The woman told investigators that Lyerla “became upset and instructed her to get to his apartment because he possessed a set of scales.”

May 31, 2011: Failure to use a seatbelt. Cited in Eugene.
    May 7, 2013: Speeding, 84 mph in a 65 mph zone. Cited in Lane County.
    July 13, 2013: Speeding, rates not immediately known. Cited in Washington state.
    July 16, 2013: Speeding, 50 mph in a 35 mph zone. Cited in Eugene.
    Sounds like a good replacement for Aaron Hernandez.

All League
    He quit on his football team before the arrest on Oct 23. That's the cardinal football sin. The talent is there if you can leash him but he's just not getting drafted.
    The kid comes from a tough background and is a bit of a problem child. ... He really struggles when he gets away from a structured environment. In fact, the coaching staff constantly worried about his whereabouts and dealings whenever he was away from campus on extended breaks. Now, I would worry about bringing him into my building, but he is definitely a big-time talent with the potential to become a special player as a pro, if it comes together.