Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miles Austin

Miles Austin

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/6...-cap-causality

According to reports he's expected to be released. Wouldn't be my number one option especially with all the injuries he's had but if guys like Golden Tate and Jeremy Maclin don't pan out he's probably right on the next tier of WR's available. He could end up being a cheaper option for us as well.

Hes done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All League
    He NEVER plays and is ALWAYS hurt I really wonder if he even wants to play anymore. It seemed
    like once he signed his contract he checked out

rather sign Decker

All League
    He fell off an injury-fueled cliff so fast you'd think he was much older than 29. He'll get support though since he's from Garfield.

Veteran
    No thanks.

Miles was an excellent receiver but it's just not worth it anymore. The guy just can't stay healthy and he's getting older.

no f-ing way. The idea is to stop promoting mediocrity. Miles Austin is a prime example of mediocrity at best. Ptoooey!

All Pro

Miles Austin

He's Done.. And in not sold on Decker either Peyton can make players look better than they are.. Dude made players Austin Collie and Pierre Garçon look all world
    Last edited by Scoop24; 01-08-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Done.. And in not sold on Decker either Peyton can make players look better than they are.

I feel the same way about Decker. Austin would be interesting to bring in on a low-cost high incentive contract. His career is actually similar to Holmes, except he stayed with the Cowboys and doesn't have the attitude issues.

Honestly, considering he's the 3rd option in the passing offense, his 2011/2012 seasons weren't bad, though he did get hurt this year. They signed him to an insane contract, and then got a true #1 (Dez Bryant). It will be interesting to see what kind of deal he gets.

He's Done.. And in not sold on Decker either Peyton can make players look better than they are.. Dude made players Austin Collie and Pierre Garçon look all world
    I know what you're trying to say but Garcon is still a very productive receiver without Peyton.

Also Decker put up very good stats with Tebow

Buy low on a cheap one year deal.

I love how Miles Austin, who is an infinitely better player than Jeremy Maclin and one season removed from a 900 yard season, he'd be the worst signing in the history of sports. Austin has had a nagging hamstring injury last two years. Maclin is a speed receiver who is on the IR for a Torn Knee. Austin had a nagging hamstring injury. Maclin's injury is way more severe.

Huh? Garcon had 1,300+ yards receiving this year, and literally led the NFL in catches. Before he got hurt last year, he was on pace for a better season than any under Manning. I'm not sold on Decker, either, but Garcon is an awful example.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    no f-ing way. The idea is to stop promoting mediocrity. Miles Austin is a prime example of mediocrity at best. Ptoooey!
    If the Jets can get mediocrity out of their receiving corps in 2014 it will still be a big upgrade over this year.

I'm not sold that you actually think before you speak. Pierre Garcon had 113 catches for 1346 yards this season and his qb wasn't named Peyton Manning.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets are rebuilding the offense. There is no place for an aging, injury prone reciever. He wont even be looked at.

Jets Insider VIP
    Kilometers Houston

All Pro

Miles Austin

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'm not sold that you actually think before you speak. Pierre Garcon had 113 catches for 1346 yards this season and his qb wasn't named Peyton Manning.
    Congrats he finally broke 1,000 yards for the first time in his 6 yr career.. 5 yrs since they beat us

Nvm the fact him and Collie where a unknown when Peyton used them to destroy us in the playoffs. Which is really what I ment when I said Peyton made them look all world,,

Just like he is doing for Decker who production is up to 1200+ yards since he started playing with Peyton ..

Last edited by Scoop24; 01-09-2014 at 04:49 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Huh? Garcon had 1,300+ yards receiving this year, and literally led the NFL in catches. Before he got hurt last year, he was on pace for a better season than any under Manning. I'm not sold on Decker, either, but Garcon is an awful example.
    This guy gets it. Some people around here not only don't watch the games, they don't even watch the highlights or listen to the analysts before posting.