Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SEA Free Agents To Keep An Eye On

All Pro
    Maclin might stay in Philly and take a 1 year deal to rebuild his value.....read it on the ESPN Ticker the other day....

I am in favor of offering decent $$ to Golden Tate- he may not be the tallest around but he's strong and physical.

Thurmond could be a good haul also, since it's looking more likely that Cro will be gone and Kyle Wilson is awful.

Schofield and Jeanpierre might be okay options for depth.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I am in favor of offering decent $$ to Golden Tate- he may not be the tallest around but he's strong and physical.

Thurmond could be a good haul also, since it's looking more likely that Cro will be gone and Kyle Wilson is awful.

Schofield and Jeanpierre might be okay options for depth.
    Tate is getting much more than decent money.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Based on what, combine time?

At the end of the day, both players are roughly the same size, have good hands, and have the ability to separate and get open. That's really what matters. Again, I'd rather lock up Kerley long term at half the price than pay big money and overspend on a receiver without any elite/unique attributes.
    Based on facts.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tate is getting much more than decent money.
    Guess I should rephrase- a decent amount.

I rather Golden Tate sign with the Raiders, Bills, or Rams. Essentially sliding the need to draft a WR down their list.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I have zero interest in Tate. He's a midget and a very average receiver.

We need big, physical targets.
    +1. THIS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Why do people see a white receiver on a team with a HOF QB and assume he isn't very good without one? Decker is big, fast, runs great routes, has great hands, and is an absolute gamer...not to mention that Denver simply cant pay him what he is going to ask for. i would be all over bringing him in and drafting someone like a Watson/Lee/Ebron.
    People said the same thing about Reggie Wayne. I don't put too much stock into it. Smart people would watch the tape and see if he is consistently in position to make plays (open), and since I haven't watched enough of Denver, I wont offer an opinion either way.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Tate is much faster than Kerley.
    Speed is a pretty important factor, but in a west coast offense, quickness is even more pertinent.

Kerley - 20 yard shuttle - 3.99 - 3-Cone - 6.70
    Tate - 20 yard shuttle - 4.34 - 3-Cone - 7.12

I concede that combine numbers don't tell the whole story, but that is a pretty drastic difference in quickness drills.

Personally, I take an incumbent Kerley over Tate every time. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Based on what, combine time?

At the end of the day, both players are roughly the same size, have good hands, and have the ability to separate and get open. That's really what matters. Again, I'd rather lock up Kerley long term at half the price than pay big money and overspend on a receiver without any elite/unique attributes.
    Smart......