Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~~ merged Kelly Kelly Kelvy Kelly Kelly Kelly ~~~

Hall Of Fame
    How Giants lured DRC away from Jets

-- Before visiting with the New York Giants, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie spent time at the New York Jets' facility, meeting with team officials. Giants coach Tom Coughlin wasn't worried about losing the free-agent cornerback to his local rival.

Rodgers-Cromartie"It seemed as if he was going to continue to visit until he found what he wanted," Coughlin said Wednesday at the NFL owners meetings.

Rodgers-Cromartie found it with the Giants, who gave him a five-year, $35 million contract that includes $13.98 million guaranteed. Putting the money aside for a moment, the Giants believe they landed the talented corner by providing two important elements: A specific plan for him on defense and stablity.

This will be DRC's third team in three years, and he wants to settle down with one team, according to Coughlin. The Jets didn't provide that opportunity, reportedly offering what amounted to a one-year contract for about $6 million.

"To be honest with you, he was looking for a place to sink his roots and become a guy who represented a team and stayed there, and worked his way through some things," Coughlin said. "He wanted to be part of something instead of one year here, one year there. ...He jumped on that. He wanted to be a guy who’s associated with a team and be recognized."

Rodgers-Cromartie is a talented, but inconsistent player. He played well last season for the Denver Broncos, but he was a disappointment in the two previous seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles. Coughlin said the Giants' coaches studied him closely, formulating a plan to maximize his strengths. He wouldn't divulge the plan.

"We have a young man that really wants to be coached," he said. "We studied and we saw some areas we can help him in, and we were very specific about how that would happen. He was very open and receptive to it. We did a good job of it. Our coaches worked their tails off. They spent a lot of time on it, a lot of time."

And the Jets still have a gaping hole at cornerback, with general manager John Idzik taking heat for failing to address a need.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-gia...away-from-jets

Hall Of Fame
    Best team fits for DeSean Jackson
    New York Jets among teams that should try to trade for Eagles WR

Coming off of his career-best season, Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson, who recently turned 27 years old, is reportedly on the trading block. But before Eagles fans suggest backward logic from the organization, there are reasons general manager Howie Roseman and head coach Chip Kelly would be willing to part ways with the speedy target.Carrying a $12.5 million cap charge for 2014 -- and with three years remaining on his current contract -- Jackson is an expensive commodity. Teams are constantly assessing a player's value relative to his contract, even the very best players. And there has been some discussion of behavioral issues with Jackson, an at-times outspoken receiver who was previously deactivated for a game during the 2011 season by then-head coach Andy Reid for missing a special-teams meeting.

Beyond that, Kelly's offensive system -- even in just one season -- showed itself capable of maximizing talent of multiple types of receivers. Riley Cooper was another Philly pass-catcher who experienced a career year, leading the team to give him a five-year contract earlier this offseason. And with fellow vertical target Jeremy Maclin re-signed as well, the Eagles have no shortage of targets for quarterback Nick Foles (including tight ends Brent Celek, Zach Ertz and James Casey, plus running backs Darren Sproles and LeSean McCoy).A deal may not be imminent, and, perhaps, may not happen at all, but if it does, whichever team Jackson is shipped to will be acquiring perhaps the best sudden-change player in the NFL. Jackson's rare speed and ability to navigate in the open field allows him to flip field position and hit a football home run nearly any time he touches the ball.

The skill set he presents is obviously appealing, so let's size up some potential fits that make sense from a need, schematic and/or salary-cap situation. The following four teams would be wise to try to trade for Jackson.

> http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...an-jackson-nfl

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Fixed for fact..
    thanx mom ! !

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Your friend grabbing your boob is hot…hook me up!
    hi JoePNYJ1 !..just so u know,..she's gay....but then,...so am i

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I lold

BTW,

GREATEST MERGER EVER!!!!
    I gotta admit, this merge was pretty damn funny!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    We should give Kelly her own forum and have Jordy moderate.
    The offers have come. I'm too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Shocker.

Jets Insider VIP
    New thread title reminded me of:

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    I gotta admit, this merge was pretty damn funny!
    agreed ! !..i luv it

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The offers have come. I'm too busy.

Shocker.
    hi jordy ! !

" . . . offers . . . " ? ?..Youuuu ? ? ?...pleazzzzzzz

" . . . Shocker . . . " ? ?..now,...Now jordy, i told u myself..in-person that night..@ the hotel...https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...44130215_n.jpg

..remember YOU then

Hall Of Fame
    After two days at the NFL owners' meetings at a swanky resort hotel in Orlando (picture a lot of palm trees, giant fountains and stretch limos), I offer a few thoughts and observations :

1. Woody likes DeSean: Even though the New York Jets tried to downplay Woody Johnson's surprisingly candid remarks about the team's interest in DeSean Jackson, I came away with the sense that the owner is very intrigued by the Philadelphia Eagles' wide receiver. Behind the scenes, Johnson spoke highly of Jackson, who reportedly is on the trading block. Could this be Johnson's new Tebow crush?

2. Broken record: I think "sustainable success" has replaced "competition" as John Idzik's new mantra. Heard it more than a few times during interviews and casual conversations. My impression is that fans already are tired of it.

3. Geno vs. Mike: I find it interesting that, unlike a year ago, team officials were reluctant to use the phrase "open competition" to describe the current quarterback situation with Geno Smith and Michael Vick. You heard a lot of, "Geno will be hard to beat out" and "Mike will help Geno." Two fascinating dynamics here: The organization (mainly Idzik) wants Smith to be the opening-day starter. Most football people would agree that Vick, if healthy, is a better quarterback than Smith. It should make for a compelling summer.

4. The Idzik 12: The organization was holding out hope for a third-round compensatory pick, but it was delighted to receive a fourth rounder and three sixth-round choices. With 12 draft choices, the Jets were downright giddy, imagining the possibilities on May 8-10.

5. Corner concern: Rex Ryan downplayed his concern with the current state of the cornerback position, insisting he can make it work. Give the man an Oscar; you bet he's worried about the position. I found it interesting that, amid all the damage control, Kyle Wilson's name rarely came up. That may not be a good omen for Wilson, a former first-round pick.

6. Bargain shopping: Now that the first wave of free agency is over, look for the Jets to jump into the secondary market -- meaning short-term contracts for second- and third-tier players.

7. Goodbye, Sanchize: Ryan seemed genuinely disappointed that things didn't work out with Mark Sanchez. Sanchez was Ryan's first draft pick, back in 2009, and there was a time when it seemed like a no-brainer that he'd be the starting quarterback for at least a decade.

8. Loss of an icon: Owners and league officials often give scripted answers to questions from the media, but there was a genuine outpouring of emotion when it was announced that Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson had died at the age of 95. Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie, in an interview with the Buffalo News, teared up as he spoke about Wilson.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ys-on-the-jets

Hall Of Fame
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson on the Numbers Game

Why do jersey numbers play such a big role in the minds of athletes who wear them? Where does the attachment come from? A name is one way we identify ourselves in life, but in the sports world a number reflects something unique to each athlete who wears it. As we begin to contemplate what numbers mean, I will reflect on my own personal relationship with my jersey number.

My number story started in high school when I saw an offensive lineman by the name of Tabika Hickson, who played varsity football for the Freeport Red Devils. I was not yet on varsity, but I respected him because he was a talented player and he was also the biggest dude on the team.

Our paths crossed when I played varsity a year later. Tabika wore number 65. I choose what seemed to me to the next best thing and also the available numbers were scarce (younger players didn't get the first pick of the litter). I choose number 60. I liked 60 and played with that number throughout high school.

When I started getting attention from colleges for my performance on the football field and started making my official visits, I was told by many colleges that I would be able to retain number 60. I was so certain I would wear number 60 in college, I asked my father to buy me a necklace with a #60 pendant for my birthday.

Imagine my surprise when 60 was not available at Virginia , the school I finally decided upon. Senior defensive tackle Andrew Hoffman wore that number and again I was forced to select another number. I decided to pick number 66, and no, number 65 was not available for my choosing, either.

Sixty-six was my number throughout my college career. But when I started getting attention from NFL scouts and eventually got selected to the Jets in the first round in 2006, I was certain that I would be finally in the position to retain my number and the history of switching jersey numbers would be a thing of the past.

So I walked into my the new locker and spoke to our equipment manager, Gus Granneman — and he told me that number 66 was unavailable. I was stunned. This time it was in the ownership of starting Left guard Pete Kendall.

Now Pete wasn't known for his pleasant attitude and I, being a rookie, was not really excited about having to ask for my number from a veteran lineman of 10 years. I decided to just do what I was so accustomed to doing by this point and select another number. It was a pleasant surprise to find that the number that I had worn in high school was available. And no, number 65 was still not to be had.

I have been wearing number 60 for all of my NFL career and sometimes I think what if I actually retained my college number 66. What would have happened to me if Alan Faneca, perennial Pro Bowler and Super Bowl champion who wore number 66 and joined the team in my third season, would have asked me to give up my number? I am glad that was something I never had to experience, but it was something that I witnessed.

Jason Taylor, number 99 as the former Miami Dolphins defensive end, was known for his skill and athleticism. In fact, I would not at all be surprised if he is considered for the Hall of Fame at some point. In 2010 Jason left the Dolphins and landed with the New York Jets. However there was a slight dilemma. Bryan Thomas, our veteran linebacker, wore number 99 as well.

I played against Taylor and considered him to be one of the best defensive ends out there. When I was a rookie, my offensive line coach, Tony Wise, a former coach of the Dolphins, had shown me many video clips of Taylor, and he indeed was a talented player. When he eventually came to the Jets, I had a certain image in my mind, so when he wore number 95 during camp I was confused. I couldn't have cared less about the team he was formerly associated with — it was his number that was meaningful. It actually bothered me that he wasn't wearing 99.

Now Bryan Thomas was a first-round pick and had a very successful career, yet did not share the same number of accomplishments and accolades as Jason Taylor. So ultimately, who deserved to wear the number, Jason Taylor or Bryan Thomas? To me it was clear. But is there a fair way to determine this? In the end Jason did receive number 99 but this rule doesn't always hold true.

Last season Ed Reed, number 20, former safety for the Baltimore Ravens, came to the New York Jets. Ed Reed is a nine-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl champion whose accolades surpassed even those of Jason Taylor. But Kyle Wilson, who was selected in the first round like Bryan Thomas, also played with that number but not as long as Bryan had with 99. So who deserved 20? This time Kyle decided to retain his jersey number, while Reed wore 22 with us. But does that change who Ed was as a player or what he has accomplished? I would say no.

In the end I would argue that a number is but a constructed thought in a person’s mind. It has no meaning by itself, but only the value people attribute to it. It can mean different things at different times and even when a situation appears to occur again, its result can be completely opposite. As athletes, we are drawn to the numbers we wear, and are faced with a dilemma when the numbers we have identified ourselves with no longer represent us. But that shouldn’t change who we are, unless our number is what ultimately defines us.

> http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...e-a5e908dfa6fc

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    We should give Kelly her own forum and have Jordy moderate.
    hey TJ !..how 'bout jordy and YOU moderate it ? ?..

...the three of us TOGETHER AGAIN ..just like old times...

cheers ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    NFL Draft Needs: Jets
    By Evan Silva March 26, 2014 9:45 AM Rotoworld

Evan Silva (@EvanSilva) is the Senior Football Editor for Rotoworld's NFL Page, and Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) leads Rotoworld's college football and NFL draft coverage. Together, they're breaking down every team's biggest needs and offering potential solutions in May's draft.

For a breakdown on every team, check out the team-by-team draft preview schedule.

No. 1 Team Need: Cornerback

Silva’s Analysis

The Jets whiffed on Vontae Davis, Darrelle Revis, and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in free agency, leaving 2013 first-round disappointment Dee Milliner and underwhelming slot corner Kyle Wilson as Rex Ryan's projected starters. That won't work for a defense that emphasizes press-man coverage on the perimeter. As this year's wide receiver class is brimming with talent and depth, GM John Idzik may have to seriously consider using his first-round pick at corner for the second straight year.

Norris’ Options

First day option: Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State - Rex likes to use press. Dennard wins in press. It really is a great match. No corner is as physical with receivers within five yards or downfield as Dennard. There were questions about his play speed, which still might be valid after running a low 4.50 forty, but Dennard forces receivers to play at his pace. He does tend to hand fight beyond five yards since there was no illegal contact at the college level. I would much rather have a corner that is too physical rather than one that prefers to keep their distance.

Second day possibility: Phillip Gaines, Rice - I stay away from these buzz words, but Gaines truly is a “riser” after missing the school’s largest game of the season against Texas A&M. I liked what I saw out of Gaines in press situations when preparing for the East-West Shrine, and he only continued his positive climb with a stellar workout. Gaines does get tangled up in his own footwork, but Rex could really work with his foundation.

Third day flier: Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida - Another defensive back that is more athlete than corner, despite his poor measurements at the Combine. Purifoy generated lots of buzz prior to the season, but he really is not worthy of more than a fifth-round pick at this point. He does have press experience, however, he does not defend the deeper portions of the field well.

No. 2 Team Need: Wide Receiver

Silva’s Analysis

The Jets landed a high-end No. 2 receiver in Eric Decker during free agency, and now need a young prospect capable of developing into a No. 1. Holdover Jeremy Kerley is a solid slot guy, but David Nelson is best suited to a fourth wideout role and 2012 second-round pick Stephen Hill looks like a bust. It's possible the Jets could give Hill one more shot at a prominent role, and use a high pick on a tight end. Either way, Michael Vick and Geno Smith need another pass catcher.

Norris’ Options

First day option: Odell Beckham Jr., LSU - There is no doubt in my mind that Beckham Jr. is the third ranked receiver in this class, but it would not shock me if he ultimately ended up the best of the group. He was used as a deep threat at LSU, making his home 9+ yards downfield. Beckham Jr. has the skills to win in this area since he combines speed with explosive movements and strong hands to fight for passes at the catch point. His game can expand in an offense at the NFL level.

Second day possibility: Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt - Don’t assume this is a second-round pick, either, as Matthews might be available in the third-round. That is not really a disservice to the Commodore, instead it is difficult to project when the run on receivers will take place. Matthews is quite good at maximizing operable space against off coverage and exhibited strong hands in specific situations. He flashed YAC ability as well, but many long gains were the product of excellent screen blocks. Matthews wastes very little movement and time, however.

Third day flier: Matt Hazel, Coastal Carolina - Many FCS products are seen as athletic upside picks. That is not really the case with Hazel, as he already displays a very technically sound game. He consistently hand catches everything in his vicinity and creates separation with animated movements.

No. 3 Team Need: Guard

Silva’s Analysis

C Nick Mangold and LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson are the Jets' only truly bankable O-Line assets. New RT Breno Giacomini is arguably a downgrade from outgoing Austin Howard, while both guard jobs are up for grabs after 2013 third-round pick Brian Winters got pushed around as a rookie. Experiencing an underwhelming free agent market, RG Willie Colon settled for a one-year, $2 million deal to return. Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg runs a power-blocking scheme to complement his West Coast passing attack. He needs more push in the trenches.

Norris’ Options

First day option: Xavier Su’a-Filo, UCLA - The odds on favorite to be the first pure guard off the board, Su’a-Filo has a nasty mentality on the field, going out of his way to find players wearing a different jersey and engage with them. He was forced to play a lot of tackle during his time at UCLA, but Su’a-Filo looked most natural in tight quarters on the inside. This might be a bit early, but we witnessed an early run on guards last year.

Second day possibility: Gabe Jackson, Miss State - Jackson is a massive 6’3/333 pounds, but I would stop before calling him a power drive blocker. Instead, Jackson tends to use his huge frame to sustain and box out blockers. Good aiming points and strong hands allow him to keep a grip and control the defensive lineman.

Third day flier: Blake Treadwell, Michigan State - Treadwell was not invited to the Combine, which is a shame since I prefer him over some OL who attended. He obviously is not overly powerful or athletic, but Treadwell finds contact through his hands and delivers a jolt to gain a positional advantage. Those active hands allow him to mirror pass rushers as well.

Video: Norris on New York's top need

Jets 2014 Draft Picks (12)

First Round (No. 18)

Second Round (No. 49)

Third Round (No. 80)

Fourth Round (No. 104)

Fourth Round (No. 115)

Fourth Round (No. 137 - Compensatory)

Fifth Round (No. 154)

Sixth Round (No. 195)

Sixth Round (No. 209 - Compensatory)

Sixth Round (No. 210 - Compensatory)

Sixth Round (No. 213 - Compensatory)

Seventh Round (No. 233)

Jets Current First-Team Offense

QB: Michael Vick

RB: Chris Ivory

WR: Eric Decker

WR: David Nelson

WR: Jeremy Kerley

TE: Jeff Cumberland

LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson

LG: Brian Winters

C: Nick Mangold

RG: Willie Colon

RT: Breno Giacomini

Jets Current First-Team Defense

LE: Sheldon Richardson

RE: Muhammad Wilkerson

NT: Damon Harrison

ILB: David Harris

ILB: Demario Davis

OLB: Quinton Coples

OLB: Calvin Pace

RCB: Kyle Wilson

LCB: Dee Milliner

FS: Antonio Allen

SS: Dawan Landry

> http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-dra...0227--nfl.html

Jets Insider VIP
    hi jordy ! !

" . . . offers . . . " ? ?..Youuuu ? ? ?...pleazzzzzzz

" . . . Shocker . . . " ? ?..now,...Now jordy, i told u myself..in-person that night..@ the hotel...https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...44130215_n.jpg

..remember YOU then
    Please don't flatter yourself.

All League
    NFL Draft Needs: Jets
    By Evan Silva March 26, 2014 9:45 AM Rotoworld

Evan Silva (@EvanSilva) is the Senior Football Editor for Rotoworld's NFL Page, and Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) leads Rotoworld's college football and NFL draft coverage. Together, they're breaking down every team's biggest needs and offering potential solutions in May's draft.

For a breakdown on every team, check out the team-by-team draft preview schedule.

No. 1 Team Need: Cornerback

Silva’s Analysis

The Jets whiffed on Vontae Davis, Darrelle Revis, and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in free agency, leaving 2013 first-round disappointment Dee Milliner and underwhelming slot corner Kyle Wilson as Rex Ryan's projected starters. That won't work for a defense that emphasizes press-man coverage on the perimeter. As this year's wide receiver class is brimming with talent and depth, GM John Idzik may have to seriously consider using his first-round pick at corner for the second straight year.

Norris’ Options

First day option: Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State - Rex likes to use press. Dennard wins in press. It really is a great match. No corner is as physical with receivers within five yards or downfield as Dennard. There were questions about his play speed, which still might be valid after running a low 4.50 forty, but Dennard forces receivers to play at his pace. He does tend to hand fight beyond five yards since there was no illegal contact at the college level. I would much rather have a corner that is too physical rather than one that prefers to keep their distance.

Second day possibility: Phillip Gaines, Rice - I stay away from these buzz words, but Gaines truly is a “riser” after missing the school’s largest game of the season against Texas A&M. I liked what I saw out of Gaines in press situations when preparing for the East-West Shrine, and he only continued his positive climb with a stellar workout. Gaines does get tangled up in his own footwork, but Rex could really work with his foundation.

Third day flier: Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida - Another defensive back that is more athlete than corner, despite his poor measurements at the Combine. Purifoy generated lots of buzz prior to the season, but he really is not worthy of more than a fifth-round pick at this point. He does have press experience, however, he does not defend the deeper portions of the field well.

No. 2 Team Need: Wide Receiver

Silva’s Analysis

The Jets landed a high-end No. 2 receiver in Eric Decker during free agency, and now need a young prospect capable of developing into a No. 1. Holdover Jeremy Kerley is a solid slot guy, but David Nelson is best suited to a fourth wideout role and 2012 second-round pick Stephen Hill looks like a bust. It's possible the Jets could give Hill one more shot at a prominent role, and use a high pick on a tight end. Either way, Michael Vick and Geno Smith need another pass catcher.

Norris’ Options

First day option: Odell Beckham Jr., LSU - There is no doubt in my mind that Beckham Jr. is the third ranked receiver in this class, but it would not shock me if he ultimately ended up the best of the group. He was used as a deep threat at LSU, making his home 9+ yards downfield. Beckham Jr. has the skills to win in this area since he combines speed with explosive movements and strong hands to fight for passes at the catch point. His game can expand in an offense at the NFL level.

Second day possibility: Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt - Don’t assume this is a second-round pick, either, as Matthews might be available in the third-round. That is not really a disservice to the Commodore, instead it is difficult to project when the run on receivers will take place. Matthews is quite good at maximizing operable space against off coverage and exhibited strong hands in specific situations. He flashed YAC ability as well, but many long gains were the product of excellent screen blocks. Matthews wastes very little movement and time, however.

Third day flier: Matt Hazel, Coastal Carolina - Many FCS products are seen as athletic upside picks. That is not really the case with Hazel, as he already displays a very technically sound game. He consistently hand catches everything in his vicinity and creates separation with animated movements.

No. 3 Team Need: Guard

Silva’s Analysis

C Nick Mangold and LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson are the Jets' only truly bankable O-Line assets. New RT Breno Giacomini is arguably a downgrade from outgoing Austin Howard, while both guard jobs are up for grabs after 2013 third-round pick Brian Winters got pushed around as a rookie. Experiencing an underwhelming free agent market, RG Willie Colon settled for a one-year, $2 million deal to return. Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg runs a power-blocking scheme to complement his West Coast passing attack. He needs more push in the trenches.

Norris’ Options

First day option: Xavier Su’a-Filo, UCLA - The odds on favorite to be the first pure guard off the board, Su’a-Filo has a nasty mentality on the field, going out of his way to find players wearing a different jersey and engage with them. He was forced to play a lot of tackle during his time at UCLA, but Su’a-Filo looked most natural in tight quarters on the inside. This might be a bit early, but we witnessed an early run on guards last year.

Second day possibility: Gabe Jackson, Miss State - Jackson is a massive 6’3/333 pounds, but I would stop before calling him a power drive blocker. Instead, Jackson tends to use his huge frame to sustain and box out blockers. Good aiming points and strong hands allow him to keep a grip and control the defensive lineman.

Third day flier: Blake Treadwell, Michigan State - Treadwell was not invited to the Combine, which is a shame since I prefer him over some OL who attended. He obviously is not overly powerful or athletic, but Treadwell finds contact through his hands and delivers a jolt to gain a positional advantage. Those active hands allow him to mirror pass rushers as well.

Video: Norris on New York's top need

Jets 2014 Draft Picks (12)

First Round (No. 18)

Second Round (No. 49)

Third Round (No. 80)

Fourth Round (No. 104)

Fourth Round (No. 115)

Fourth Round (No. 137 - Compensatory)

Fifth Round (No. 154)

Sixth Round (No. 195)

Sixth Round (No. 209 - Compensatory)

Sixth Round (No. 210 - Compensatory)

Sixth Round (No. 213 - Compensatory)

Seventh Round (No. 233)

Jets Current First-Team Offense

QB: Michael Vick

RB: Chris Ivory

WR: Eric Decker

WR: David Nelson

WR: Jeremy Kerley

TE: Jeff Cumberland

LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson

LG: Brian Winters

C: Nick Mangold

RG: Willie Colon

RT: Breno Giacomini

Jets Current First-Team Defense

LE: Sheldon Richardson

RE: Muhammad Wilkerson

NT: Damon Harrison

ILB: David Harris

ILB: Demario Davis

OLB: Quinton Coples

OLB: Calvin Pace

RCB: Kyle Wilson

LCB: Dee Milliner

FS: Antonio Allen

SS: Dawan Landry

> http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-dra...0227--nfl.html
    What's so funny about this article is that they admit that Giacomini was a downgrade from Howard and they have Vick as the starter.

The majority of this board would call either of these heresy.

Haha. that's cool your hot anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    What's so funny about this article is that they admit that Giacomini was a downgrade from Howard and they have Vick as the starter.

The majority of this board would call either of these heresy.
    Very good point...my concern is at corner. Getting a rookie to start opposite milliner is asking for trouble. Maybe Joseph or some other solid corner gets cut either way Idzik needs to address it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Haha. that's cool you're ( * sp ) hot anyway!
    thank you joey ...i do have some boy-friends though

Hall Of Fame
    State of the Jets roster: Offense

While the majority of the splashy signings of free agency are now done, let’s take a look at how the dust settled for the Jets. Did the Jets upgrade their roster? What might it mean for other acquisitions between now and camp?
    Quarterback
    Moves: Cut M. Sanchez, signed M. Vick
    Assessment: After clearing $8.3 million off the books by cutting Mark Sanchez, the Jets signed Michael Vick only moments later. The Jets have been loosely linked to Vick for more than a year. After Vick agreed to return in Chip Kelly’s first year as the team’s coach, Vick and the Jets were finally able to work out a deal.

Vick’s new Jets contract is telling; while the quarterback received a one-year $5 million deal, that’s not the whole story. Vick’s contract consisted of a $2 million signing bonus, $2 million in guaranteed salary and then he can earn up to $1 million in playing time incentives. What does this mean? It means that the Jets are on the hook for $4 million which is only slightly more than many teams pay for a veteran backup quarterback.

The Jets badly needed to address quarterback depth and Mark Sanchez wasn’t going to be the right answer. Both sides needed a fresh start and Vick was by far the best quarterback on the free agent and/or trade market. Geno Smith showed promise late in the 2013 season and while we’re told he’s ahead of Vick on the depth chart and that Vick was brought in as a mentor to Smith, expect an open competition between the two quarterbacks.

Regardless, the Jets lessened the gap between whoever becomes the starter and backup substantially with this signing. From a pure football standpoint, this was an excellent move for a team badly in need of stability at the game’s most important position and unlikely to be able to draft an impact quarterback come May 8th.

Wide Receiver
    Moves: Cut S. Holmes, signed E. Decker
    Assessment: Cutting Holmes was two years in the making and finally provided cap relief for which the team was waiting. Holmes production slipped drastically after his free agent contract in 2011, regardless of his 2012 season-ending Lisfranc injury. Adding Eric Decker over Santonio Holmes is a big upgrade for the Jets and they did so by giving Eric Decker a very Jets friendly deal that lets the team out of the contract with potential savings after just two years if necessary.

At 6’3″ 214 lbs Decker provides the Jets a versatile starting receiver who can contest passes in traffic, work well in the red zone and occasionally get behind a defense. Decker will take some attention away from Jeremy Kerley and David Nelson and allow them to be more productive but look for the Jets to add another receiver who could be the second starter between now and day two of the NFL Draft. The Jets were rumored to be interested in DeSean Jackson and the Jets front office and coaching staff have been diligently checking out many of the top receivers’ pro days. With a receiver rich draft class, the Jets should feel confident in the level of player they could add before the fourth round of the draft.

Running Back
    Moves: None
    Assessment: The Jets have made no moves at the running back spot but have expressed interest in Maurice Jones-Drew, former Jaguar standout. Jones-Drew would be the perfect short-term answer for this team, a versatile running back who would likely be asked to play a third-down role but could perform expanded duties if required, a necessity with the oft-injured Chris Ivory as the team’s lead runner. Jones-Drew is one of the best pass-blockers in the league and has played behind a poor offensive line in Jacksonville for years. Jones-Drew would be a dynamic addition for the Jets but Jones-Drew is looking for the team willing to pay him the most. There’s been a number of teams interested in MJD, but the Jets aren’t in a rush to add the veteran it seems … they might look for a player with similar skillsets through the draft, or hope that either Mike Goodson or John Griffin can bounce back and be a durable and reliable player for this team.

Tight End
    Moves: Re-signed J. Cumberland
    Assessment: Prior to the start of free agency, the Jets re-signed Cumby to a deal that seemed well below what might have turned out to be his market value. While Jeff Cumberland might see a more featured role in the Jets offense in 2014, the team’s fleeting interest in Brandon Pettigrew and Jermichael Finley would suggest that the team would consider upgrading the position given the right circumstance.

Zach Sudfield might be a compelling project for the Jets, and he seemed to get more reps as the season wore on, but going into 2014 with just Cumby and Sudfield seems unlikely. At present, the free agent prospects are pretty slim, so look for the Jets to either upgrade during the NFL draft or after any future cuts that might take place as fallout from the draft.

Offensive Line
    Moves: Re-signed W. Colon, signed B. Giacomini
    Assessment: Losing out on bringing back Austin Howard might sting a little, but the money that the Raiders paid him to become a guard was not plausible for the Jets to match. Howard was a good two year holdover for the Jets, but his athletic upside was limited and he was breaking down by the last four games of the 2013 season. Re-signing Colon and adding Giacomini are short-term solutions for the Jets. Giacomini received a four year deal but the structure of his contract provides no barrier to cutting him in the second year of the deal if the Jets so choose. The right side of the Jets line won’t be great in 2014, but it won’t be outright bad either.

We suspect that the Jets will try and give some of their second year players shots at winning the right guard spot during training camp. Look for Oday Aboushi and Will Campbell to be in the mix come the preseason games. These moves are likely lateral, but until we see it on the field the group feels weaker. The Jets didn’t draft three offensive linemen in 2013 and stash another (Colts 2011 second rounder Ben Ijalana) all last season for no reason, the team wants to grow at least some of those players into eventual starters for this team. The Jets had some brief discussions with Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz among others, but it would seem that while players of that caliber would have provided major upgrades to the group, John Idzik was unwilling to tie up the money and roster spots with such player … giving us a strong indication of how he perceives his project players. Time will tell.

> http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/state-...oster-offense/

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Please don't flatter yourself.
    i don't..YOU flatter me enough...MORE than enough

thank you jordy !