Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh McDaniels wants no part of Cleveland

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Cant blame the guy for wanting to stick with a winner.
    Teams with winning records do seem to attract losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    McDaniels is one of the worst head coaches that I can remember in recent history. Just like his mentor, he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

He trades away his franchise QB to the Bears, trades an entire draft to move up and pick tim tebow in the first round, and he lost most of his games. The guy was just flat out horrible in every decision he made.

Why any team would even consider this clown to be head coach material after that debacle in Denver is beyond me.
    McDaniels was an awful head coach. The fact that the Browns may have even considered this guy years after giving the keys to a similar clown Eric Mangini tells you something. They are the new Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And head coaches like Eric Mangini and Josh McDaniels don't attract winning records.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    maybe you can be a loser next year.

I live in the Cleveland area and the word is McDaniels asked the FO if he was front-runner and they told him no so he withdrew.

I believe they are all-in on Whizenhut and want to keep Horton in place. They had success with that formula in Pitt and AZ. Nothing else makes sense in the situation except perhaps promoting Horton.

If they lose Horton they are completely screwed after investing in Kruger, Bryant and spending a high 1st on Mingo. These guys, along with Phil Taylor, Ataya Rubin, and Deqwell Jackson, will not fit a 4-3. Not only that, the FO sent a message to the locker room they were tanking 2013 for the future when they traded Richardson and picked up McGahee out of retirement.

With 2 new coordinators and new schemes, no running game, and on top of it all the QB changes -- from Weeden to Hoyer to Weeden to Campbell back to Weeden back to Campbell -- Chud got screwed big time and this FO looks like a joke!!

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Did you learn the interweb from 32?
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The worst part of the Cleveland job is it's in Cleveland. You've gotta feel for the owner, who is definitely trying to win. He has around 58 million tied up in fired coaches I believe. As for you fans that want to change coaches every year, look at how well that works, while the team in Cinci is much better with an owner that won't spend an extra dime. That whole state is a mess. Maybe an owner like Woody who will spend money, but is not reactionary (any more) is not so bad after all.
    For years I watched the Jets make reactionary move after reactionary move, trading team depth and $$$ for a big names. I'm finally starting to feel like we are building a winning team for the long haul and am very happy to see it.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 01-11-2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    McDaniels is one of the worst head coaches that I can remember in recent history. Just like his mentor, he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

He trades away his franchise QB to the Bears, trades an entire draft to move up and pick tim tebow in the first round, and he lost most of his games. The guy was just flat out horrible in every decision he made.

Why any team would even consider this clown to be head coach material after that debacle in Denver is beyond me.
    I don't disagree, but he drafted D. Thomas, Decker, Moreno and Beadles who are still key offensive cogs on the Broncos. So not everything that happened under his watch was all bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I don't disagree, but he drafted D. Thomas, Decker, Moreno and Beadles who are still key offensive cogs on the Broncos. So not everything that happened under his watch was all bad.
    the new china looked great on the Titanic too. That wasn't all bad either.....

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    the new china looked great on the Titanic too. That wasn't all bad either.....
    lol.

The same stories were written about us last offseason and how we "couldn't give the GM job away". I'll take this with a grain of salt before mocking Cleveland because I know what a complete fabrication it was for us.

Go browns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    No but just about everything else was and he inherited a pretty good team. McDaniels is a clown.