Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The Patriots Are Going To Their 3rd Consecutive AFC Championship Game

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    What's Rex's record against Belichick? Something like 4-6 and then 1-0 in the playoffs?

And no one needs to point out the QB that each coach was bringing into those matchups.
    So you'd take Rex over Belichick if you were starting a team tomorrow?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Peyton Manning is a class act
    You have the wrong Manning. Eli might be a class act, but there's no way that Archie and Peyton are class acts.

http://www.wackbag.com/threads/peyto...trainer.10340/

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    you ass clowns don't appreciate your team
    Whenever a person needs to hear an insightful NFL message, Charles Barkley is the man to go to.

It's impossible not to appreciate being a fan of a team that's in the process of re-writing NFL history.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow how about going to the championship with the aspect or the accusations of cheating or murder on your team. That is one organization that has sold it's soul. Sorry but the thread is stupid where was it when the jets went to two afccg in a row? Man people love to whine

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    rewriting cheating is more like it. come on how many games have they won with out cheating? if the commish had balls or was a real commish certain people would not be in the league but instead they destroy evidence

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    rewriting cheating is more like it. come on how many games have they won with out cheating?
    Other than a few AFC East titles and two AFC conference championships nothing comes to mind. Using your short bus logic the only team than can be considered great is the one that wins the Superbowl. Will SF, Seattle or Denver not be any good if they don't win this week? In that case the Pats are in decent company.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Other than a few AFC East titles and two AFC conference championships nothing comes to mind. Using your short bus logic the only team than can be considered great is the one that wins the Superbowl. Will SF, Seattle or Denver not be any good if they don't win this week? In that case the Pats are in decent company.
    Funny how what makes a team great has changed since the Pats stopped winning SBs. The old "only championships count" line of thinking went out the window

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, when the Pats were actually winning Superbowls by hook or crook, the only thing that mattered to Pats fans was actually winning it. In recent years, apaarently, that landscape has changed. Hypocrites.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Funny, when the Pats were actually winning Superbowls by hook or crook, the only thing that mattered to Pats fans was actually winning it. In recent years, apaarently, that landscape has changed. Hypocrites.
    They are predictable aren't they?

Flip flop between Jets being happy to get to back to back AFCCGs while they only count SB wins went out the window now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    They are predictable aren't they?

Flip flop between Jets being happy to get to back to back AFCCGs while they only count SB wins went out the window now?
    To be fair, we shouldn't be judging ALL Pats fans by the yardsticks we are given to measure the Pats fans cretins that post here (with a couple of exceptions). If our resident Pats fan morons are representative of the Pats fan base, then the Pats must have them most demented fan base of any team in professional sports. What we see here is a unique combination of stupid, arrogant, short-sighted and uninformed.
    Last edited by Dcat; 01-13-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair, we shouldn't be judging ALL Pats fans by the yardsticks we are given to measure the Pats fans cretins that post here. If our resident Pats fan morons are representative of the Pats fan base, then the Pats must have them most demented fan base of any team in professional sports. What we see here is a unique combination of stupid, arrogant, short-sighted and uninformed.
    Ever go to a Pats game? Stupid, arrogant, short-sighted and uninformed is a step up. Actually, they're similar, only this group is evolved enough to use a computer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In that case it should be really easy for you to find at least one post where I base how good the Pats are solely based on whether they won the SB that year. I'll go on a decades long fruitless quest to bang Kate Upton while I'm waiting.

Of course winning a SB is the ultimate goal but you jealous schlep-rocks equate the Pats to being a suck team if they don't win a Lombardi. I guess it easier to have a group therapy circle jerk whine about the officiating or the commish than admit that they are good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    In that case it should be really easy for you to find at least one post where I base how good the Pats are solely based on whether they won the SB that year. I'll go on a decades long fruitless quest to bang Kate Upton while I'm waiting.

Of course winning a SB is the ultimate goal but you jealous schlep-rocks equate the Pats to being a suck team if they don't win a Lombardi. I guess it easier to have a group therapy circle jerk whine about the officiating or the commish than admit that they are good.
    You're on a JETS board, moron. Why do you post here? Is it the Boston area inferiority complex? And please wake us up when the pats* win a SB without cheating, thanks

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea what this thread contains but I just find it interesting that the goal posts shifted from one sentence to another in your post. I would say yes, with few exceptions, you need to win the SB to be considered great. OTOH, just because you don't win doesn't mean you are not any good. But, you probably aren't great or at least shouldn't be considered in that pantheon.

I would put the Pats undefeated season when they didn't win as a candidate for being great, but without winning the big game, its hard to bestow greatness on a team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I have no idea what this thread contains but I just find it interesting that the goal posts shifted from one sentence to another in your post. I would say yes, with few exceptions, you need to win the SB to be considered great. OTOH, just because you don't win doesn't mean you are not any good. But, you probably aren't great or at least shouldn't be considered in that pantheon.

I would put the Pats undefeated season when they didn't win as a candidate for being great, but without winning the big game, its hard to bestow greatness on a team.
    Hold on I have to read this again as it seems like an objective observation....what a breath of fresh air. I was responding to the mouth breathers who crow how the Pats aren't very good if they don't win it all every season. Using that bar only 1 team a year is very good to great. I would think that expecting the Pats to win a SB every year would make me arrogant. Of course I am rooting for them to win a SB but I can't ask for much more as a fan as long as they're in contention. That is not shifting positions as much as it is embracing reality...Jets fans should try it sometime.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    So you'd take Rex over Belichick if you were starting a team tomorrow?
    There are a couple QBs out there that are so good that their teams are good for 10+ wins every year.

Look at Peyton Manning's teams. Different coaches, same results. Jim ****ing Caldwell went 24-8 with Peyton Manning as his QB.

Belicheat was 5-13 before Mo Lewis killed Drew Bledsoe (who had just been given a $100+ million extension, by the way).

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hold on I have to read this again as it seems like an objective observation....what a breath of fresh air. I was responding to the mouth breathers who crow how the Pats aren't very good if they don't win it all every season. Using that bar only 1 team a year is very good to great. I would think that expecting the Pats to win a SB every year would make me arrogant. Of course I am rooting for them to win a SB but I can't ask for much more as a fan as long as they're in contention. That is not shifting positions as much as it is embracing reality...Jets fans should try it sometime.
    Good or great make up your mind, you keep changing things. Good isn't great

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    There are a couple QBs out there that are so good that their teams are good for 10+ wins every year.

Look at Peyton Manning's teams. Different coaches, same results. Jim ****ing Caldwell went 24-8 with Peyton Manning as his QB.

Belicheat was 5-13 before Mo Lewis killed Drew Bledsoe (who had just been given a $100+ million extension, by the way).

So that is a yes?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Good or great make up your mind, you keep changing things. Good isn't great
    That is a good / great point. How about very good?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. if it praises the Patriots, it's objective. If it doesn't it's not. And that makes you different from the other Jets Insider Patriots trolls how?