Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SEA Free Agents To Keep An Eye On

All League

SEA Free Agents To Keep An Eye On

Since Idzik is from SEA and he has knowledge of their roster here are some
    free agents we may be interested in, all of them are 26 or under :

Golden Tate (WR) - He's been one of the top targets at WR by a lot of people on the board

Walter Thurmond (CB)

O'Brien Schofield (OLB)

Lemuel Jeanpierre (G)

It will be interesting to see if Idzik thinks they are "ascending" players worth going after.
    It also looks like SEA is going to have cap issues coming up because they have to prepare
    to pay Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson

Wouldn't mind Tate and Thurmond. Thurmond is a good nickel corner.

Tate definitely and only Thurmond if we release Wilson.

It's going to very difficult to keep that team together--especially if they win the SB. There should be some opportunities to pick up players. I am sure Idzik has a good idea who he would like.

Quote Originally Posted by addage View Post
    It's going to very difficult to keep that team together--especially if they win the SB. There should be some opportunities to pick up players. I am sure Idzik has a good idea who he would like.
    Forget difficult, it's impossible with this salary cap and how veterans get paid now.

The idea with the way everything is right now is to figure out the guys you absolutely can't live without, and maximize the return on them while hopefully keeping the salaries as low as possible for the ones you do keep.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Forget difficult, it's impossible with this salary cap and how veterans get paid now.

The idea with the way everything is right now is to figure out the guys you absolutely can't live without, and maximize the return on them while hopefully keeping the salaries as low as possible for the ones you do keep.
    that's why it's critical to keep your draft picks and hit on many of them so you can keep bringing guys up the ranks when more expensive guys leave.

All League
    I like Tate but he's an undersized WR. He will definitely command big bucks because he represents solid hands, great speed and kick return ability. He could be a great #2 WR but not a #1. We would still need to draft at the very least 1 WR with one of our top 2 picks and 1 TE with the other.

I think Tate was on the Jets radar as he went 1 pick ahead of us. We then selected super bust Vlad Ducasse with our very next pick. I think Decker should be a priority because he has the hands, size and while he isn't a blazer in speed he's more the adequate. He will demand a very solid contract and he may be tagged by the Broncos. If he isn't tagged I would offer him a really solid contract 5/48m with at least 20m in guaranteed money. I could also see the Patriots and Raiders going after him. Scheme wise he would be a nice fit into what the Pats do offensively, quick huddle/no huddle very fast paced. The Raiders have some 60m in cap space and are in need of playmakers. His wife is a model so I'm sure she would love the west coast. Let's hope Ryan offers him a nice snack

He is undersized but he can jump to get the ball.

All League
    I know Decker is getting a lot of play but I would be careful with him. You really have to determine
    if he's a good WR or is he a product of a Hall Of Fame QB. For the kind of $$$ he's going to want
    you have to be "more than sure" that he's going to raise the level of our QB. That's where Tate
    has an edge, he's playing with a good young QB but he's helping Wilson get better by the way
    he attacks the ball
    Last edited by KRL; 01-08-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Decker is not that special if you take away Peyton Manning as his QB. I'd rather have Golden Tate.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    I know Decker is getting a lot of play but I would be careful with him. You really have to determine
    if he's a good WR or is he a product of a Hall Of Fame QB. For the kind of $$$ he's going to want
    you have to be "more than sure" that he's going to raise the level of our QB. That's where Tate
    has an edge, he's playing with a good young QB but he's helping Wilson get better by the way
    he attacks the ball
    I agree about Decker, for the money I would look elsewhere. Based on the list of players that are scheduled to be free agents, I would like to sign Brandon Lafell and Robert Meachem. Both guys can come in and play right away and if you combine that with drafting a couple of WRs in the first 4 picks in the draft you would have a decent set of WRs.

There really isnt a lot of great options in free agency right now, obviously a lot can change once teams start cutting guys to get under the cap come March.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    that's why it's critical to keep your draft picks and hit on many of them so you can keep bringing guys up the ranks when more expensive guys leave.
    And THAT is why I expect Idzik to be a much better GM than Tanny was.

He believes in choosing the BAP in the draft to build the team and using free agency to plug the holes. That coupled with drafting well (which he has... so far) goes a long way towards keeping the cap at a managable level while maintaining a viable (and hopefully good) football team.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Decker is not that special if you take away Peyton Manning as his QB. I'd rather have Golden Tate.
    This is just simply not accurate. He was plenty productive the year before Peyton got there and Orton was his QB. Once Tebow stepped in, his numbers dropped off significantly as would be expected. For even money I'll take Decker every time over Tate.

I think Decker is better also but he is staying with Manning or going to another Passing team ie Saints, Pats, Colts. IMO they are both #2's and most likely not coming to Geno's rescue.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cdflip78 View Post
    This is just simply not accurate. He was plenty productive the year before Peyton got there and Orton was his QB. Once Tebow stepped in, his numbers dropped off significantly as would be expected. For even money I'll take Decker every time over Tate.
    About 800 yards in 2 seasons before Peyton..

Over 2300 yards in 2 seasons with Peyton..

Like I said I'm not saying he sucks by any means. I'm Just not sold..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is tate that different from kerley?

i would take decker over tate...but neither one is a number 1 receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    is tate that different from kerley?

i would take decker over tate...but neither one is a number 1 receiver.
    Yes. He's a lot faster and stronger.

You don't need to go crazy looking for the guy. You need to have a few good receivers. Golden Tate is a good start.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cdflip78 View Post
    Agreed - Decker > Tate. Tate's size and speed are not special and his production is just alright - I'd actually much rather have a discounted Jeremy Maclin.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Golden Taint

Give me Jmac anyday of the week twice on sundays. Save that cap double dip WR in draft