Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Thread: The cold, harsh truth

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    4,131

    The cold, harsh truth

    The last down of meaningful football the Jets played was week two of the 2001 NFL Season, when Mo Lewis knocked Drew Bledsoe out of the game. The last decade of Jets Football has been a pointless exercise. Remember the Bears of the 1960s? The Browns of the 1970s? Yeah. Me either. Thats us.

    With Tom Brady in the division, the BEST the Jets could or can hope for, barring a Tom Brady injury (even then the Jets might not capitalize, as in '08), is a Fifth or Sixth seed in the playoffs. Thats it. No Division titles, no bye weeks, no home playoff games. We're stuck in the same division with a HOF'er that is rightly in the conversation for best QB EVER, and he plays on a team that is given favorable treatment by the NFL League Office and officials.

    Even during the inprobable runs of '09 and '10, they didn't have a chance really. Three games, on the road, just to get to the SB. Look at '10. Huge, emotion fueled road wins vs Manning and yes, Brady....and they survive that gauntlet only to show up dead and worn out in Pittburgh. A virtually impossible situation.

    It ****ing Sucks. But I finally get why guys like ----- and ----- are so chill regardless of wins or losses. Why get emotionally involved in a lost cause? Bide your time and be patient and hope that when Brady is either injured or finally retires, the Jets are in good shape and ready to inherit the division.

    And in the meantime, make teams hate playing you.
    __________________

    Commence Firing.......

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    The last down of meaningful football the Jets played was week two of the 2001 NFL Season, when Mo Lewis knocked Drew Bledsoe out of the game. The last decade of Jets Football has been a pointless exercise. Remember the Bears of the 1960s? The Browns of the 1970s? Yeah. Me either. Thats us.

    With Tom Brady in the division, the BEST the Jets could or can hope for, barring a Tom Brady injury (even then the Jets might not capitalize, as in '08), is a Fifth or Sixth seed in the playoffs. Thats it. No Division titles, no bye weeks, no home playoff games. We're stuck in the same division with a HOF'er that is rightly in the conversation for best QB EVER, and he plays on a team that is given favorable treatment by the NFL League Office and officials.

    Even during the inprobable runs of '09 and '10, they didn't have a chance really. Three games, on the road, just to get to the SB. Look at '10. Huge, emotion fueled road wins vs Manning and yes, Brady....and they survive that gauntlet only to show up dead and worn out in Pittburgh. A virtually impossible situation.

    It ****ing Sucks. But I finally get why guys like ----- and ----- are so chill regardless of wins or losses. Why get emotionally involved in a lost cause? Bide your time and be patient and hope that when Brady is either injured or finally retires, the Jets are in good shape and ready to inherit the division.

    And in the meantime, make teams hate playing you.
    __________________

    Commence Firing.......
    The problem is that I wonder if the Pats would have benched Bledsoe eventually and got to Brady eventually. We might have just expedited the process.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Bide your time and be patient and hope that when Brady is either injured or finally retires, the Jets are in good shape and ready to inherit the division.

    ]
    Inherit the division?

    The Jets have only won the division 3 times in their 54 year existence.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,989
    Not really, unless the Jets get their act together there will be 4 ****t teams battling for the division instead of 1 owning it.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,823
    Sucks to be you.

  7. #7
    While the Pats are the class of the division, right now, the Jets are much closer then many people think. I have much respect for the Pats, how can you not. Yet, make no mistake, the Pats have much respect for the Jets. The reason Tom hates us so much is, he knows we are going to be the team to finally dethrone them. We are one of the few teams that scares the Pats. We are currently splitting the season series with them, as the Jets, a very young and inexperienced club, grow and add talent we are going to be scary. This of course depends on them maintaining the status quo with the coaching staff and there vision for this team.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,162
    So it was Tom Brady who stopped us from getting to the SB in 2009 and 2010.. I never knew.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    So it was Tom Brady who stopped us from getting to the SB in 2009 and 2010.. I never knew.
    Indirectly , perhaps. How many wins would we've needed if we'd won the division? how many did we get?

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,725
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Inherit the division?

    The Jets have only won the division 3 times in their 54 year existence.
    You're not very bright, even for a troll

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    The last down of meaningful football the Jets played was week two of the 2001 NFL Season, when Mo Lewis knocked Drew Bledsoe out of the game. The last decade of Jets Football has been a pointless exercise. Remember the Bears of the 1960s? The Browns of the 1970s? Yeah. Me either. Thats us.

    With Tom Brady in the division, the BEST the Jets could or can hope for, barring a Tom Brady injury (even then the Jets might not capitalize, as in '08), is a Fifth or Sixth seed in the playoffs. Thats it. No Division titles, no bye weeks, no home playoff games. We're stuck in the same division with a HOF'er that is rightly in the conversation for best QB EVER, and he plays on a team that is given favorable treatment by the NFL League Office and officials.

    Even during the inprobable runs of '09 and '10, they didn't have a chance really. Three games, on the road, just to get to the SB. Look at '10. Huge, emotion fueled road wins vs Manning and yes, Brady....and they survive that gauntlet only to show up dead and worn out in Pittburgh. A virtually impossible situation.

    It ****ing Sucks. But I finally get why guys like ----- and ----- are so chill regardless of wins or losses. Why get emotionally involved in a lost cause? Bide your time and be patient and hope that when Brady is either injured or finally retires, the Jets are in good shape and ready to inherit the division.

    And in the meantime, make teams hate playing you.
    __________________

    Commence Firing.......
    So does this also mean that you measure the success in your life by how you compare to what your Neighbor has or doesn't have. Over the last 15+ years i have enjoyed some great football sunday's with my Jets. I have also endured some real stinkers, but even those didn't stop me from looking forward to the following sunday.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You're not very bright, even for a troll
    So how many divisional titles do the Jets have in 54 years?

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    The cold hard truth is if tom brady decides to take whatever peyton manning is on, we are going to have to deal with this for another 6 or 7 years.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Inherit the division?

    The Jets have only won the division 3 times in their 54 year existence.
    That's an incredible stat. Pretty pathetic, really.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,725
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    So how many divisional titles do the Jets have in 54 years?
    Mostly I was just making an observation based on your lack of originality, and basic thought process. You kind of just blurt things out, don't you? I also recall seeing that exact same statement being made by you numerous times, so you're kind of childish as well. The fact is the Jets have come in 2nd 6 of the last 10 seasons, so if the Pats were to fall, then logic would dictate that the Jets would be the best team in the division. Feel free to say "The Jets have only won the division 3 times in their 54 year existence."

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,725
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    That's an incredible stat. Pretty pathetic, really.
    If you look at it, it kind of makes you wonder why some people are so dead set against Woody, and Rex for having a few mediocre years. Do they not remember the way things used to be?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    So it was Tom Brady who stopped us from getting to the SB in 2009 and 2010.. I never knew.
    We also didn't make the playoffs 4 other times outside of that.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Inherit the division?

    The Jets have only won the division 3 times in their 54 year existence.
    The merger was in 1970, douchebag...Thats when they created the divisions...Learn the game, Fag.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    That's an incredible stat. Pretty pathetic, really.
    Too bad it's not true, C'mon McGinely, Wake up.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The fact is the Jets have come in 2nd 6 of the last 10 seasons."
    Seriously, are you proud of that?

    I'm sure you also think losing 2 AFC Championships is some sort of significant accomplishment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us