Jarvis Landry - WRF
    Kelvin Benjamin - WRF
    Martavis Bryant - WRF
    Jared Abbrederis - WRF
    Odell Beckham Jr. - WRS
    L'Damian Washington - WRF
    Devin Street - WRF
    Mike Davis - WRF

Why on Earth would i spend a 1st round pick on a WR unless his name is Sammy Watkins , when everyone after him is about the same player ? After Watkins, the next receiver off the board should be Jordan Mathews, but it probably won't be.

List the top prospects (any position) from approx 15-21. The Jets will almost definitely draft one of those players.

Marquise Lee is not a slot receiver

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    List the top prospects (any position) from approx 15-21. The Jets will almost definitely draft one of those players.

You base this on what ? Last yr was the 1st draft under Idzik, and he started by taking the top CB on many boards and the top DT on Rex's board.

Why are people automatically turning Marqise Lee into a spot receiver?
    Brandin Cooks? Sure, but not Lee.
    He's just as explosive & taller than the likes of Santana Moss & Steve Smith.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets N Mets View Post
    Marquise Lee is not a slot receiver
    Tell me again what he is after he measures in at 5'10" and 185 lbs at the combines.

Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Why are people automatically turning Marqise Lee into a spot receiver?
    Brandin Cooks? Sure, but not Lee.
    He's just as explosive & taller than the likes of Santana Moss & Steve Smith.
    Dude is way too small to be a #1 and isnt really a #2 either. USC WRs are always ranked too high IMO. With so many declares this year and the rise of Benjamin I actually have him as the 6th WR in this draft. I have Odell Beckham Jr. ranked just behind him who has better skills to be a #2 IMO. It is fair to say Lee will be tagged as a slot. They said the same of DJax too, it isnt a slant. Going by his skills and size that is his ideal position. For the most part you draft on potential. He doesnt have a great upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You base this on what ? Last yr was the 1st draft under Idzik, and he started by taking the top CB on many boards and the top DT on Rex's board.
    Unless somebody falls, he's going to take the BPA. Milliner fell. Sheldon fell.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Unless somebody falls, he's going to take the BPA. Milliner fell. Sheldon fell.
    Fortunately there are so many good WR in this draft we are either guaranteed to get a stud wideout or a ridiculous value pick if someone falls to us at 18

All League
    So you think that after Watkins, the wide-outs from 2-15 are all about the same players?

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Fortunately there are so many good WR in this draft we are either guaranteed to get a stud wideout or a ridiculous value pick if someone falls to us at 18
    I'm down for whoever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Dude is way too small to be a #1 and isnt really a #2 either. USC WRs are always ranked too high IMO. With so many declares this year and the rise of Benjamin I actually have him as the 6th WR in this draft. I have Odell Beckham Jr. ranked just behind him who has better skills to be a #2 IMO. It is fair to say Lee will be tagged as a slot. They said the same of DJax too, it isnt a slant. Going by his skills and size that is his ideal position. For the most part you draft on potential. He doesnt have a great upside.
    I am not saying Lee is Steve Smith but there is a 5' 9" that is a number one...

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    And Hinds Ward was a QB. Does that mean Im giving up a 1st to covert Manziel to WR? I'm not saying he cant be a #1 but more then likely that is what people will tag him as in this draft. If this was a weak WR class he would be a 1st rounder. He has a lot of good ability but Im just not so sure anymore. If I am looking at this WR group I see guys like Evans, Matthews, Watkins, Alllen, and Benjamin who look like they could be legit #1s and have better size. For the most part teams draft on potential. Lee could be anther Smith but there is a reason Smith is the only guy you can really think of. Out side of him and DJax you dont see a lot of legit #1s that lack size. DJax fell for that same reason and he was at one point seem as a top ten guy talent wise. Most Philly fans up until this year would have told you DJax was not a true #1. Most end up either slots or often injured like Harvin.

WRF = Feature WRS = Slot

Sammy Watkins - WRF
    Jordan Mathews - WRF
    Mike Evans - WRF
    Marquise Lee - WRS
    Devante Adams - WRF
    Allen Robinson - WRF
    Brandin Cooks - WRS
    Brandon Coleman - WRF
    Jarvis Landry - WRF
    Kelvin Benjamin - WRF
    Martavis Bryant - WRF
    Jared Abbrederis - WRF
    Odell Beckham Jr. - WRS
    Devin Street - WRF
    Mike Davis - WRF

Why on Earth would i spend a 1st round pick on a WR unless his name is Sammy Watkins , when everyone after him is about the same player ? After Watkins, the next receiver off the board should be Jordan Mathews, but it probably won't be.

L'Damian Washington? My outside guy is Mark Lucas. Cody Latimer is a guy to look at for early. Had he not declared he would have been a 2-3 rounder next year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Exactly my point. Take for example this guy who's not in my top 15.

Donte Moncrief - WRF

I think that at 18 when the Jets are on the clock, the BAP will either be the MLBer from Alabama C J Mosley or the OT Taylor Lewan from Michigan. I would take either 1 because they would be an immediate upgrade on the Jets. Let's say the Jets are not interested, but someone wants a QB,(Carr) then i would entertain a trade down senario that gives me a 1st next yr.

[QUOTE=Tinstar;5125076]WRF = Feature WRS = Slot

Sammy Watkins - WRF
    Jordan Mathews - WRF
    Mike Evans - WRF
    Marquise Lee - WRS
    Devante Adams - WRF
    Allen Robinson - WRF
    Brandin Cooks - WRS
    Brandon Coleman - WRF
    Jarvis Landry - WRF
    Kelvin Benjamin - WRF
    Martavis Bryant - WRF
    Jared Abbrederis - WRF
    Odell Beckham Jr. - WRS
    Devin Street - WRF
    Mike Davis - WRF

This is such a Deep Class you Omitted Paul Richardson and Moncrief from the List...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    And Hinds Ward was a QB. Does that mean Im giving up a 1st to covert Manziel to WR? I'm not saying he cant be a #1 but more then likely that is what people will tag him as in this draft. If this was a weak WR class he would be a 1st rounder. He has a lot of good ability but Im just not so sure anymore. If I am looking at this WR group I see guys like Evans, Matthews, Watkins, Alllen, and Benjamin who look like they could be legit #1s and have better size. For the most part teams draft on potential. Lee could be anther Smith but there is a reason Smith is the only guy you can really think of. Out side of him and DJax you dont see a lot of legit #1s that lack size. DJax fell for that same reason and he was at one point seem as a top ten guy talent wise. Most Philly fans up until this year would have told you DJax was not a true #1. Most end up either slots or often injured like Harvin.
    Sounds good… I am just not sure if his size was the only reason you had him as a slot/WR2. I am horrible at evaluating the WR draft prospects…. QBs seem to be my sweet spot… All 22 tape is where you can see the most which I don't have access to for the college game. I would agree that if Watkins is gone and one of the top TE is available I would go in that direction… I would personally rather solve for WR in Free Agency because I like that you have NFL talent to evaluate the guy.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=hollywoodjet;5125381]
    WRF = Feature WRS = Slot

Sammy Watkins - WRF
    Jordan Mathews - WRF
    Mike Evans - WRF
    Marquise Lee - WRS
    Devante Adams - WRF
    Allen Robinson - WRF
    Brandin Cooks - WRS
    Brandon Coleman - WRF
    Jarvis Landry - WRF
    Kelvin Benjamin - WRF
    Martavis Bryant - WRF
    Jared Abbrederis - WRF
    Odell Beckham Jr. - WRS
    Devin Street - WRF
    Mike Davis - WRF

This is such a Deep Class you Omitted Paul Richardson and Moncrief from the List...
    I like Moncrief, but i am scared of Richardson's size.

Exactly my point. Take for example this guy who's not in my top 15.

Donte Moncrief - WRF

I think that at 18 when the Jets are on the clock, the BAP will either be the MLBer from Alabama C J Mosley or the OT Taylor Lewan from Michigan. I would take either 1 because they would be an immediate upgrade on the Jets. Let's say the Jets are not interested, but someone wants a QB,(Carr) then i would entertain a trade down senario that gives me a 1st next yr.
    This.

I don't follow CF at all, but when our pick comes off the board, I don't want to hear "he's the best of what's left".

If we can significantly upgrade ANY position, I'd rather do that and hope this "depth" at WR is more than just message board fodder . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    If you want to make a comparison Lee is much more like Maclin. Neither are studs but would be great second options if you have a good QB.