Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three years ago...(merged)

Three years ago...(merged)

I know the mods dont want me to start a thread, but I feel obliged. Would just like to thank Mark Sanchez, Braylon Edwards, Shonn Greene, Bart Scott, Santonio Holmes, Mike Tannenbaum, and anyone else involved for that performance on a Sunday evening three years ago. Pats fans can call me pathetic and Mike Francesa and the Giant fans can mitigate the achievement all they want. That was the best win of my lifetime as a Jets fan. Beating a 14-2 Pats team in their house during the playoffs and watching Bradys face when he knew it was over. That one win will always view the Ryan era in a favorable light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God we've had amazing moments since then to replace such an incredible memory.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    I know the mods dont want me to start a thread, but I feel obliged. Would just like to thank Mark Sanchez, Braylon Edwards, Shonn Greene, Bart Scott, Santonio Holmes, Mike Tannenbaum, and anyone else involved for that performance on a Sunday evening three years ago. Pats fans can call me pathetic and Mike Francesa and the Giant fans can mitigate the achievement all they want. That was the best win of my lifetime as a Jets fan. Beating a 14-2 Pats team in their house during the playoffs and watching Bradys face when he knew it was over. That one win will always view the Ryan era in a favorable light.

Is it just Pat fans or can we all join in?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Is it just Pat fans or can we all join in?
    top lel.

All Pro
    I have to agree... it was one great night to be a Jets fan considering the rivalry, the Opponent, the stakes and everything...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What a great night

What happened to Mark Sanchez WOW that video is great!

Did the 2009 and 2010 team have a chance in the superbowl?

I always thought the '98 team was a lock to beat Atlanta had they held on to beat the Broncos. That Bronco team was one of the best ever, but I would take the '98 jets over a lot of the recent super bowl winners. The '09 and '10 team probably would've gotten destroyed by New Orleans and Green Bay. We lost to both teams in the regular season.

Also had we won Tuna wouldve retired and handed the keys to Bellichick.

Veteran
    I think both 09 and 10 we had a shot to win it all. Both years it would have been reaches, and both years we could have won. I think the saints would have been harder than green bay though.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ALJETS View Post

We let the offensive talent go to crap. Plus mark played his best football in big games. Too bad his time in NY is over
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

All League
    I believe the '10 team would have beaten the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    I believe the '10 team would have beaten the Packers.
    We should have beat them in the regular season if Weatherford didn't run for it on 4th and 18. Also if the refs ruled Cotchery or Keller down by contact instead of INTs. That was such a bs game.

Quote Originally Posted by ALJETS View Post
    He had Cotchery in the slot lol. Still cant believe we let go of cotch to get Buress and Mason. What a blunder.

Lets not forget LT and Keller

I remember in those days how ESPN was going on and on and on about how Mark Sanchez is going to be the next elite quarterback, joining the ranks of Brady, Rodgers, etc.

ESPN is smart.

Anyway, thanks Mark

We could of taken the Packers for sure IMO.
    I don't remember that Saints team much honestly. It's like the one NFL year that's sort of a haze.
    I just remember it was fishy with all the Hurricane Katrina WWE stuff that made the NFL seem suspect.

NO, we couldn't even win the afc championship games those 2 yrs

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Could they have won? Sure.

But probably not.

That said, I actually think of the two, we we would have had a better shot versus the Saints. We played them extremely tough in New Orleans and only lost because Sanchez was awful. If Sanchez played within himself, in the rain, in Miami - of the two, I think that could have been the better chance.

Veteran
    I agree with some here, we could have won against the Packers, or at least made it a game, not as sure against NO that year.

As for the 98 year, had we won and BP handed the Keys to BB, what would that have looked like, NE not in the picture at that time, or does BB still just want no part of what we had going on, is BB right now.