Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those complaining about the Jets "Busts" from this year's draft:

For those complaining about the Jets "Busts" from this year's draft:

First of all, I think it's ridiculous to call anyone a bust after one season, but if you thought the Jets draft was bad....

I present the 2013 Miami Dolphins Draft:

DE Dion Jordan, first round, No. 3 overall - 26 tackles, two sacks
    CB Jamar Taylor, second round, No. 54 overall - 3 tackles
    OL Dallas Thomas, third round, No. 77 overall - No stats (2 Snaps Total) (Consider how bad that is, since the Dolphins lost two OL due to the hazing incident, and started 8 different OLmen this year)

CB Will Davis, third round, 93 overall - 8 tackles
    LB Jelani Jenkins, fourth round, 104 overall - 17 tackles
    TE Dion Sims, fourth round, 106 overall - 6 receptions, 32 yards, one touchdown
    RB Mike Gillislee, fifth round, 164 overall - 6 carries, 21 yards

K Caleb Sturgis, fifth round, 166 overall - Stats: 26-of-34 on field goals, 33-of-33 on extra points - Literally the only rookie who did anything for the Dolphins this year

DB Don Jones, seventh round, 250 overall - 10 tackles, one tackle for loss

Hall Of Fame
    Pretty sh!tty draft but I expect to be better than the Dolphins.

Didn't they trade up for Jordan too? In fairness, we would have taken Jordan #9 if he were on the board, without question.

They also had the least amount of snaps played for any rookie class.

The Fins spent big in free agency so maybe they werent relying on their draft picks to be big contributers but so far that looks like a pretty awful draft.

All League
    only an idiot would think the jets draft was bad

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    The Fins spent big in free agency so maybe they werent relying on their draft picks to be big contributers but so far that looks like a pretty awful draft.
    Even if you're not relying on the guys, you want to draft guys who will contribute. The OP's remark on the OL they drafted is spot on, 8 dudes start and their third round pick can't sniff the field...ouch.

As for Jordan, he started off recovering from an injury, and I would agree that we'd be all over that if he had somehow fallen to us. He could still be a factor down the road.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    absolutely correct and to even suggest it is wrong!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

lol, + 999999999

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post

K Caleb Sturgis, fifth round, 166 overall - Stats: 26-of-34 on field goals, 33-of-33 on extra points - Literally the only rookie who did anything for the Dolphins this year
    And didn't he have the lowest (or one of the lowest) FG percentages in the league this year?? LOLPhins.

1. After one year of not even playing - a bust does not make.

2. Almost every team in the league would trade their drafts for ours (2013).

All Pro
    Given that our rookie class played more snaps than any other team - by a long way - and that includes having two developmental guys who didn't play a down, says a lot about our rookie class.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Didn't they trade up for Jordan too? In fairness, we would have taken Jordan #9 if he were on the board, without question.
    We would have used Jordan properly. He's not an NFL DE.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Given that our rookie class played more snaps than any other team - by a long way - and that includes having two developmental guys who didn't play a down, says a lot about our rookie class.
    I am happy with what I have seen from our rookie class this year, but it also says a lot about the depth of our veterans that we had to play so many rookies. If Ducasse could play, Winters probably would not have taken nearly as many snaps as he did, and if Lex Hilliard hadn't gotten hurt in preseason, I doubt we would have seen nearly as much Bohanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I am happy with what I have seen from our rookie class this year, but it also says a lot about the depth of our veterans that we had to play so many rookies. If Ducasse could play, Winters probably would not have taken nearly as many snaps as he did, and if Lex Hilliard hadn't gotten hurt in preseason, I doubt we would have seen nearly as much Bohanon.
    I agree to some extent. But the Dolphins lost 3 OLmen, more than the Jets did, and their OL was as bad or worse than the Jets this season. Again, I wasn't implying I thought the Jets had a bad draft (I actually think the Jets draft was pretty damn good), but the Dolphins draft was actually stunningly bad, especially when you consider they had 5 picks in the top 104 (including #3 overall). Jets fans are so quick to write off "X" player as a bust or "Y" player as bust because they didn't play well in the first 12 games of their rookie year and it's pretty dumb. The Dolphins draftees could have a great second season, but for now, that's an awful draft. you certainly expect those 2nd and rounders to make some sort of impact their rookie season. The Dolphins weren't so good that their rookies couldn't see the field this year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I agree to some extent. But the Dolphins lost 3 OLmen, more than the Jets did, and their OL was as bad or worse than the Jets this season. Again, I wasn't implying I thought the Jets had a bad draft (I actually think the Jets draft was pretty damn good), but the Dolphins draft was actually stunningly bad, especially when you consider they had 5 picks in the top 104 (including #3 overall). Jets fans are so quick to write off "X" player as a bust or "Y" player as bust because they didn't play well in the first 12 games of their rookie year and it's pretty dumb. The Dolphins draftees could have a great second season, but for now, that's an awful draft. you certainly expect those 2nd and rounders to make some sort of impact their rookie season. The Dolphins weren't so good that their rookies couldn't see the field this year.
    It was a bad year to have a lot of picks. This year is the opposite

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    It was long overdue - we had a lot of guys who were not going to be the future of the franchise.

Build through the draft - to do that you have to play your draft picks and get production from them. So far we're doing pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    1. After one year of not even playing - a bust does not make.

2. Almost every team in the league would trade their drafts for ours (2013).
    1. +1.

2. True, but that is because most teams would trade their entire draft for Richardson. The other players picked by the Jets are largely interchangeable with the picks on many other teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not just that, but it's looking to be one of the top 3 Jets' drafts of the past 20 years having the possibility of producing at 5 starters including a starting QB.

Lots of idiots on this board and in the media who called Rex crazy for praising this draft class.

The Mangina-lovers act like we haven't hit on a draft pick since the penguin was fired. We've really only had one bad draft since then and it was 2010 (Wilson, Ducasse). 2011 was pretty good (Wilk, Ellis, Kerley), 2012 was so far avg to above avg (Coples, Davis) only bust would be Stephen Hill, 2013 looks very good.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 01-05-2014 at 01:01 PM.