Thread: Keenen Allen question

Jets Insider VIP

Keenen Allen question

This guy is a great player. Im not going to bash the jets for passing on this guy as the pats needed recievers and they passed on him as well.

I believe he will be a top 5 reciever in this league by year 3.

He had a good college career and around this time last year, he was talked about as a mid to late 1st round pick.

My question is: how did a guy this good drop to round 3? I dont recall any off the field stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This guy is a great player. Im not going to bash the jets for passing on this guy as the pats needed recievers and they passed on him as well.

He had a good college career and around this time last year, he was talked about as a mid to late 1st round pick.

My question is: how did a guy this good drop to round 3? I dont recall any off the field stuff.
    He had a weak 40 time on an injured knee that hadn't fully recovered. Plus a drug test that was "red flagged" for excessive amounts of water and he supposedly interviewed poorly.

All Pro
    Slow 40 time and off the field issues:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...t-red-flagged:

California wide receiver Keenan Allen's drug test at the NFL Scouting Combine was red-flagged, according to an ESPN report.

The report said Allen's test showed suspicious levels of water -- a sign that someone could be attempting to flush their system -- and was ordered to take another drug test. Results of that test are not known, and Allen's agent, J.T. Johnson, said his client did not fail a drug test.

Once considered a potential mid-first round pick, Allen's stock has been freefalling since he suffered a PCL injury to his left knee in October. That ended his junior season with the Bears and kept him from working out at the combine. However, he did go through team interviews, a thorough medical check and the drug testing.

He finally returned to the field to work out for NFL teams in Greensboro, N.C., on April 9, but turned in disappointing 40-yard dash times in the 4.70-4.76 range. Allen is still building up the muscles around his knee and he did look good in positional drills last week, but the reports of a flagged drug test will only continue to weigh down his stock nine days before the NFL Draft.

He had attitude and drug issues and was a diva. He also had a PCL injury that hurt him and his QB in college was garbage. If you go back and read some of my early draft threads I keep saying he was the ONLY WR worth a top 16 pick. Everyone knew the talent was there but they also knew his history. Out side of the Honey Badger ever prospect with a questionable attitude fell that year. I think it was a perfect storm with so many NFL guys resently drafted getting in hot water so teams just said no more. Teams like Oakland, NE, and Miami where trying to get rid of guys like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    I figured. There had to be something cause hes special.

Are you a closet Pats fan or what? I would make complete sense with all of your pathetic trolling. Why is it because the Pats passed on the guy it's ok?

I figured. There had to be something cause hes special.
    The Jets have Stephen Hill I don't see the problem.

But you had to reference that fact, right?

"I don't want to call BB a douchebag, so I won't."

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    But you had to reference that fact, right?

"I don't want to call BB a douchebag, so I won't."
    ROFLMAO

He is and will be and really good WR.

Impressed by his play all season, and his 2 TDs today.

Not impressed by his TD celebration today being pointing to his name on his jersey. Minor point, but I can see how some saw him as a diva. But most WRs are, and I'd be glad to have taken him in the 3rd instead on Winters.

Basically the same reason Randy Moss fell + a bad 40 time

All League
    He fell because of his knee and his knee only. I don't think any scout anticipated him running a good time because of his injury, most were concerned if he would recover from it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Are we talking about that d-bag that was pointing at the name on his own jersey twice yesterday when his team was down by 2 scores?

Marqise Lee will be the next WR to drop & dominate.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by ALJETS View Post
    The Jets have Stephen Hill I don't see the problem.
    we picked Hill over Alshon for the same reasons.