Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex signed to multi-year extension per Schefter.

Rex signed to multi-year extension per Schefter.

@AdamSchefter 1m
    Jets and head coach Rex Ryan have reached agreement on a multi-year extension, according to team and league sources.

#18 = Defensive Lineman

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    #18 = Defensive Lineman

Glad to see that. Highly incentivized for postseason wins, too. Now take care of the drama surrounding the assistant coaches!

Jets Insider VIP
    So, no matter what happens next year -- even a fourth-straight playoff-less season -- Rex is likely to return. Must be nice having that sort of job security.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Guess we can put the Idzik isn't sold on Rex...1 year deal means nothing....not sold that he will be back....blah, blah, blah posts.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    So, no matter what happens next year -- even a fourth-straight playoff-less season -- Rex is likely to return. Must be nice having that sort of job security.
    Nice when people recognize and appreciate your talents.

No matter how many internet GMs disagree from their parents basement.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Nice when people recognize and appreciate your talents.

No matter how many internet GMs disagree from their parents basement.
    Why does every response from you include a crack about the poster if you don't agree? How about not agreeing and not being a dick about it for a change?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Guess the assts they want will be signed now that this is done. Needed to know the # of years on Rexs deal so they could offer contracts that match his deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Why does every response from you include a crack about the poster if you don't agree? How about not agreeing and not being a dick about it for a change?
    Because he's the biggest homer around, even bigger than Ray Ray. You'll learn to accept it after a while.

I flipped flop back and forth on Rex but this is probably the best move for the Jets. It gives us stability at head coach which can only help and everyone loves playing for him. As long as Marty is here for our O we will be alright.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    How about explaining who I'm cracking on?

Are you telling me that there weren't more than a few here who wanted him gone and didn't agree with the FO over Rex?

Hall Of Fame
    It doesn't really change anything, if the Jets miss the playoffs next year there is no reason they can not fire Rex.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Because he's the biggest homer around, even bigger than Ray Ray. You'll learn to accept it after a while.
    Yeah, wanting Rex to stay sure proves it.

Thats what it makes me.

What will kill me is if they're putting all their eggs in the Geno Smith basket.

We went through this starting in 2009.

Geno can be good, but don't just give him the job - kind of like Rex was just given an extension.

We'll see what happens.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It doesn't really change anything, if the Jets miss the playoffs next year there is no reason they can not fire Rex.
    Of course it changes nothing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    They'll justify it somehow, like they did this year by saying the Jets overachieved. That, or they'll fire someone in a scapegoat move. Rex is here for the long haul.

And youre the biggest whiner and sojf.. bring some actual analysis instead of the same woe is me garbage

Veteran
    I sort of agree with your sentiment, but the NY Jets need stability at the HC position and the no playoffs for 3 straight years is as much as the GM's fault (Tanny) as anyones as he is ultimately responsible for getting players for Rex and the OC to coach. Now they fired Tanny and no owner or respected league person expected the Jets to make the playoffs or be competitive. He didn't make he playoffs but he garnered respect from around the league with what he was able to do with a rookie HC. Now look, if they stink it up next year and Idzik provides him with offensive weapons, I suspect that they would give him the boot with what ever remains on his contract. I guess this was a stop gap contract for 2 years, this year and 2 years more (waiting to hear the official deal). Essentially they're saying after next season if we make the playoffs we will extend you if not this is essentially a 1 year deal and we will pay for you to leave.

Don't get caught up with the extension unless is for 3 or more years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ny jets boss View Post
    And youre the biggest whiner and sojf.. bring some actual analysis instead of the same woe is me garbage
    Who are you? **** outta here.