Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex signed to multi-year extension per Schefter.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    Douche
    Back into hiding with ye, duncecap

Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Talents?

Rex is 22-26 over his last 3 years with zero playoff appearances and 3 non-winning seasons.

Nice of the Jets to greatly reward mediocrity.
    Since when does only part of a person's record count?Nice of you to leave out his two first years and cherry pick the three last.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Since when does only part of a person's record count?Nice of you to leave out his two first years and cherry pick the three last.
    Perhaps he's highlighting a downward trend?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    It is not laughable. My opinion is that Rex is an extremely mediocre head coach and will continue to be. As a fan, I hope I am wrong and we win 4 consecutive Super Bowls, but I just do not think that on any level Rex is the guy that will get us there. I think keeping him was a bad move, and just because a bunch of sheep Jets fans think otherwise does not make me wrong. There are way more facts to support my view than the other.
    You're always wrong. So this is good for the Jets.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Perhaps he's highlighting a downward trend?
    Well, the Jets went from 6-10 to 8-8..... I'm no mathematician, but I'd call that an upward trend.

It is not laughable. My opinion is that Rex is an extremely mediocre head coach and will continue to be. As a fan, I hope I am wrong and we win 4 consecutive Super Bowls, but I just do not think that on any level Rex is the guy that will get us there. I think keeping him was a bad move, and just because a bunch of sheep Jets fans think otherwise does not make me wrong. There are way more facts to support my view than the other.
    Ha your entitled to your opinion but the experts Ie coaches and ex coaches now analysts say he is a very good coach.. Somehow I think they are much more credible than you

Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    Congrats - In the short term, I think it will be good for the Jets. I'm a big believer in continuity, and the Jets will be better off not having to learn a new system, and the offense and Geno should benefit from a 2nd year under Morningwig.

As a Pats fan, I benefit by having a very colorful and polarizing HC leading a team that is viewed as fierce rival. Rex will ALWAYS make Pats/Jets games more interesting and fun. My team benefits by having a division opponent being lead by someone who, as of this point, hasn't fully mastered the role of HC, either in game management or in the role as the leader. I'm sure Jet fans hope that he will learn from his mistakes and by the end of this contract, become "the master of his domain".

At any rate, I'm sure most Jet fans are happy with this announcement....and we'll see how it works out over the next few years.
    Holy crap you are still an amazing ignorant douche bag!

LOL, you tried convincing yourself for several weeks Rex may still not be back, now that you were wrong again, those who suppport the move are sheep, those who don't are right...

All League
    Who would you have hired?

REX IMO is the best available coach for the JETS. Firing him would be a step backwards.....

Im glad we have him.

Idzik is all business. One prominent example is of course Rex's toned-down style in 2013. No more Rex-Tanny Boy's Night Out persona, and that not a coincidence. Extending Rex is good business--among other things we won't get the week-by-week media "analysis" of whether Rex will be back, and that's one less distraction. At the same time, the incentive-laden deal premised on playoff success makes clear that Idzik is not throwing parades about an 8-8 year. As has been said, Rex is the best coach for this team right now, and he very well might turn into a top flight head coach---but Idzik isn't sending Rex to Canton just yet. It's also possible to conclude---and I do---that this reflects a positive self confidence on the part of Idzik. He's responsible for the roster and he expects to continue to improve the players that Rex has been hired to coach. As in, I'll do my job, you do yours.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    Idzik is all business. One prominent example is of course Rex's toned-down style in 2013. No more Rex-Tanny Boy's Night Out persona, and that not a coincidence. Extending Rex is good business--among other things we won't get the week-by-week media "analysis" of whether Rex will be back, and that's one less distraction. At the same time, the incentive-laden deal premised on playoff success makes clear that Idzik is not throwing parades about an 8-8 year. As has been said, Rex is the best coach for this team right now, and he very well might turn into a top flight head coach---but Idzik isn't sending Rex to Canton just yet. It's also possible to conclude---and I do---that this reflects a positive self confidence on the part of Idzik. He's responsible for the roster and he expects to continue to improve the players that Rex has been hired to coach. As in, I'll do my job, you do yours.
    Bravo!

/thread

All League
    And Ray you're an uniformed dick, who can't respond to any post without attacking the poster. It would be one thing if you only attacked Pats fans. But you constantly try to bully Jet fans whose only crime is that they happen to disagree with you. Seriously dude. Seek help, this level of unprovoked anger can't be healthy. \]

BTW - name anything I wrote in my post that is negative or isn't true. You can't. You don't even try. All you can do is try to bully people. You probably didn't even read the post, you just saw my name and attacked. Your weak attempt to intimidate others is getter really old, tired and pathetic
    Last edited by patsfanken; 01-17-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Congrats to Rex on his new deal. Now he needs to close the books on his assistants. Mostly these are good coaches. MM is a key, but some of the position coaches are excellent.

You have to hope the 2 departures were planned. Still a mystery about where Rex's cronies fit in. I assume that the Jets will move quickly to button things down quickly. Not so much the vacancies as the resignings. Failure to do so would be a black eye for the franchise.

One presumes that if the Jets kept the "fixed" cost of the contract low so that they can fire Rex cheaply if he doesn't get to the playoff's, then the contingent money is above market for comparable success. Agents are generally pretty good at negotiation.

I think the pressure now shifts to Idzik. Rex is what he is. But John had a good year operating from a position of weakness. Now he has an opportunity to put his stamp on the franchise. He needs to deliver quality FA's and good draft choices creating a coherent, deep and talented roster.

We all wish him well.

PS rehire Westy!

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Who would you have hired?
    No idea, but fear of the next coach being not as good or worse is not a reason to not make the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    The first 2 years were post Mangini, everything he built up, brought over, drafted, coached up. The last 3 years or even 2 years you saw the team that Rex built. And quite frankly it's a piece of ****.

All League
    No idea, but fear of the next coach being not as good or worse is not a reason to not make the change.
    Exactly what I expected. The redskins were interviewing Perry Fewell, maybe we would have went that route. If you have this bright idea of firing Rex, you should at least be able to name a replacement. Idzik felt Rex was the best guy out there. Who should he have brought in? Just saying anybody, including the Janitor, doesn't cut it.
    Last edited by BRONX JET; 01-17-2014 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    What will kill me is if they're putting all their eggs in the Geno Smith basket.

We went through this starting in 2009.

Geno can be good, but don't just give him the job - kind of like Rex was just given an extension.

We'll see what happens.

I think Idzik made it clear that the Jet's aren't 100% sold on Geno. We should always have a starter, a veteran backup (or future starter) and an up and comer on our QB depth chart. If the Jets are convinced Geno's not the guy he'll have serious com for the #1 slot.

don't mind having Rex here again. Its not like the has the most talented team out there. Give the man some real talent ... a TRUE speed edge rusher, a REAL QB, some offensive playmakers and we'll be good. If Rex had a legit speed edge rusher any of his first 2 years we likely would have won a ring. He's done amazing things without a pass rush. This year we resembled one but the guys got tired later on in the year. We have bull rushers but no edge speed guys. I think if Idzik signs this guy or drafts this guy .. who the hell knows. Rex has developed most of the talent he's been given. Kyle Wilson wasn't a home run but I feel as if Rex has gotten the most out of his ability. Mo, Richardson, Demario, .. the development of converting Allen to a safety from linebacker and lets not forget Dee. If Rex can figure out how to get 10 sacks out of Coples next year and if our offense resembles anything near the top 15 ... we'll have a legit shot to win the division. Rex haunts Brady ... give him some pieces and he can shake up the AFC. We've seen it. Not sure if any other coach brought in you can say that. Happy we got Rex locked up

LOL what a ****ing idiotic move.

What the hell has Rex done since he's been here to justify this sort of job security?

He's a fat, loud-mouthed blowhard who does nothing but guarantee Super Bowl victories every year.

Lost the locker room in 2011

Sat Tebow for Sanchez in 2012

Knows nothing about how to coach, draft of evaluate offense

And most importantly....

He single-handidly turned the Jets into a CIRCUS. The Jets are the laughingstock of the league ever since he got here. He was able to get away with it in 2009 and 2010, but once the luck ran out, the team has been a collection of freaks, sideshows, and circus clowns with him at the helm.

Parcells would have led this team to the playoffs this past season. Rex is nothing more than a glorified DC who talks crap and doesn't back it up.

Looks like the Patriots will own the division for another two years, at least.