Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Prediction? - Sanchez in 2014-2015

QB spots that are open: Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland, Tennessee, NY Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think he should go to Chicago. Coming off an injury he's not going to be able to compete for a job this year. Trestmans offense fits Mark well and Cutler gets hurt every year.

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    he will start and thrive somewhere soon. jet fans, once again, will have egg on their faces.

you know its true
    dickie,
    unfortunately, I agree with you.
    Sanchez will end up signing for at least $4-5 million per, and will be their STARTING QB by 9-1-14.
    Lots of teams in the NFL need QB's right now , and QB's with good playoff experience are in short supply.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Proud owner of a hot dog cart.
    +1

Veteran
    I can see him taking a backup role with Seattle.

imo the problem with sanchez is that he does have some talent and some creds. sure he wasn't the 80+ qb rating qb the jets need but at the same time we have to look at the lack of talent in the receiving corp. geno had some really bad games with this group. if idzik gets some good offensive talent then a sanchez or geno could thrive. on the other hand sanchez is a bit damaged and he has that huge cap hit. the only way he stays is if he renegotiates. it won't be pretty but he still has to take responsibility for his actions.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    dickie,
    unfortunately, I agree with you.
    Sanchez will end up signing for at least $4-5 million per, and will be their STARTING QB by 9-1-14.
    Lots of teams in the NFL need QB's right now , and QB's with good playoff experience are in short supply.
    I don't see him starting by 9/1 - unless its due to injury to another team's starter, but I would not be surprised if he has a backup somewhere else and is successful when he gets the shot. That said, I think the Jets need to move on from him, and he needs to move on from the Jets. IMO, its better for both if they part ways. If Geno is not the answer, we need to find it somewhere else.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Broncos win the Super Bowl next month, Peyton retires, elway signs Sanchez . Broncos repeat as Super Bowl champs Sanchez Super Bowl MVP. Ya heard it here 1st
    &he also gets to face the JETS during the season next year,I believe.it would make for a interesting season for sure.,but if we trade w Clev. I want their 1st pick & JohnNY Football

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    he will start and thrive somewhere soon. jet fans, once again, will have egg on their faces.

you know its true
    dope.

Sanchez will be cut, and he will get calls from quite a few teams. I think he's going to take an offer that gives him the best chance to compete for a starting job. HOU, OAK, CLE, TEN, MIN, all possible suitors.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Patriots

Veteran
    Gets cut and end up as starter in Houston while Teddy sits and learns from the master for a year. Seriously with a large hispanic fan base and close to Mexico it also makes sense from a marketing point of view.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    Will he play in the league?

For whom?

Starter or Backup?

I know there are variables (health, contract), and factor those in if you want. But tell us what your gut is telling you.

I say - Sanchez will be traded to a team like Green Bay (Backup A. Rodgers) or Oakland (Compete for a starting job).

I do not see him staying with the Jets under any circumstances.
    Why in the world would they trade for him when they can pick him up for nothing after he is cut? I expect him to be a back-up for another team. Wouldn't be shocked if he is out of football if he has a lousy camp. His next team won't be worried about saving face because they won't have spent a high first round pick on him.

Will he play in the league? -- Yes.

For whom? -- The New York Jets.

Starter or Backup? -- Will go into 2014 as the #2/Backup.

Given the lack on interest around the lague at current, projected cost, available draft picks, Rex's familiarity and affection for Sanchez, Sanchez's experience here, and the lack of veteran Free Agent QB's on the market that are better, the odds (IMO) point to Sanchez being cut, and resigned for less money (but still substantial money) to remain in New York and backup Geno Smith.

Rex is comfortable playing Mark and knows him. Mark has the best resume of any available FA QB.

Mark will not get a better opportunity anywhere in the NFL than he would here, behind the worst #1 QB in the NFL last year Geno Smith.

The only people uncomfortable with a Sanchez return are the Fans.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-17-2014 at 12:04 PM.

He will get cut and get a starting gig with Cleveland.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Will he play in the league? -- Yes.

For whom? -- The New York Jets.

Starter or Backup? -- Will go into 2014 as the #2/Backup.
    I agree that this might make sense (if they restructure him) but the problem (as evident by this thread) is you're buying a QB controversy becasue there apparently are still a lot of people around who think he can play. I say cut him and wish him luck.

Kinda like Tebow, in a way. Maybe it made sense on paper but there were all these nutjobs around (and press) who seemed to think he should be playing. It was disruptive.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Sanchez will be cut, and he will get calls from quite a few teams. I think he's going to take an offer that gives him the best chance to compete for a starting job. HOU, OAK, CLE, TEN, MIN, all possible suitors.
    +1

All Pro
    He'll do what all first round busts do after they leave their first team -- he'll become a journeyman backup. He'll sign somewhere he'll think he has a chance to play and will probably start a few games. Over the next several years he'll bounce from team to team. He'll make decent money and start a few games and every time he's announced the starter for a game due to injury they'll show the butt fumble on SportsCenter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

While a (VERY small) part of me would like to see what Sanchez looks like after fixing his shoulder, I don't think he stays. He's worn out his welcome here, and I'm not sure a Sanchez/Geno QB camp competition round 2 does anyone any good.

The Jets cut Mark, he signs on for 3/4 mil with a team where he has a shot to compete for the job, and there's a 40 page thread in October when Mark comes in for his new team, throws 2TDs, and leads them to a come from behind win.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    He's worn out his welcome here.
    With who?

Rex? I'd say no.

Idzik? I'd say "we don't know".

Fans? In the majority, I'd agree.....but Fans don't make personel decisions, and personel decision shouldn't be made based on popular fan opinion.