Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: POOR PATSIES!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

POOR PATSIES!!!

Don't your heart just bleed for them? Mine sure does... I think I'm gonna put my sandwich in a GLAD sandwich bag.... that is how GLAD I am..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Don't your heart just bleed for them? Mine sure does... I think I'm gonna put my sandwich in a GLAD sandwich bag.... that is how GLAD I am..
    Mrs Brady and hubby are going to cry like babies. WAWAWA. This little piggie cried all the way home!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    Mrs Brady and hubby are going to cry like babies. WAWAWA. This little piggie cried all the way home!
    And no Wes Welker to blame it on.

How long before the bandwagon fans start jumping of??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No cheating no Super Bowl wins.... ZERO Super Bowls since SPYGATE.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    And no Wes Welker to blame it on.
    You obviously haven't been reading the Pats boards today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    You obviously haven't been reading the Pats boards today.
    I never do.

So what's the deal? They blamed Wes for the Super Bowl loss vs. the VaGiants. Are they now blaming his departure for the Pats not winning?

If so, it's the height of irony.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    What's your theory on how they cheated to win, say, their Super Bowl over the Carolina Panthers? They videotaped George Seifert at the end of the 2001 season and then John Fox kept the same signals two years later and allowed the Patriots to steal all their plays?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I never do.

So what's the deal? They blamed Wes for the Super Bowl loss vs. the VaGiants. Are they now blaming his departure for the Pats not winning?

I usually don't either. Couldn't resist today though.

Folks are blaming Welker for colliding with, and intending to injure, Talib and knocking him out of the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never do.

Wes shattered Aqua Talif's shoulder and collarbone with a bonecrushing pick block.
    Aqua's left fallopian tube was also strained and needed an air cast.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually don't either. Couldn't resist today though.

Folks are blaming Welker for colliding with, and intending to injure, Talib and knocking him out of the game.
    Damn. I must have stepped out for that. Probably the only thing I missed in the game. But I didn't see the play that Talib was hurt on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn. I must have stepped out for that. Probably the only thing I missed in the game. But I didn't see the play that Talib was hurt on.
    It's at 1:35 or so of the below video. Not a penalty IMO. But not exactly "inadvertent" like the idiotic talking head suggests either. Overall, I blame Talib there for being soft. And I dislike Welker more than the average Patriots fan.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201401...enu=highlights

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would have bothered me to no end to see Tom Brady start in a SuperBowl in Met Life.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    How long before the bandwagon fans start jumping of??
    2 consecutive AFCCG appearances? **** THIS I AM LEAVING. <>

The sad part is there are some people like that. But living in the west the similarities between the NE and NY fanbases become kinda obvious so I'm sure you'd know as well as anyone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a fact that should not be diminshed. In fact, when discussing the Cheatriots, it should be underscored over-and-over again. A decade+ and counting.......dynasty my azz.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's your theory on how they cheated to win, say, their Super Bowl over the Carolina Panthers? They videotaped George Seifert at the end of the 2001 season and then John Fox kept the same signals two years later and allowed the Patriots to steal all their plays?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-a-super-bowl/

Marshall Faulk: Patriots cheated the Rams out of a Super Bowl

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 30, 2013, 10:02 AM EST

Getty Images
    It’s been 11 years since the Rams lost to the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI, but former Rams running back Marshall Faulk isn’t over it, because Faulk believes the Patriots cheated to win.

Although NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has insisted that there’s no evidence that the Patriots spied on the Rams’ walk-through practice the day before the game, Faulk still thinks they did.

I’ll never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl,” Faulk told Tom Curran of CSNNE.com.

The NFL fined the Patriots and head coach Bill Belichick, and stripped the Patriots of a first-round draft pick, for taping opposing coaches’ signals in violation of NFL rules. But the separate allegation that the Patriots taped the Rams’ walk-through before the Super Bowl was never substantiated. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league destroyed all the tapes that were confiscated in the investigation of the Patriots’ taping practices, and Faulk is skeptical that the whole truth will ever come out.

“Obviously, the commissioner gets to handle things how he wants to handle them but if they wanted us to shut up about what happened, show us the tapes. Don’t burn ‘em,” Faulk said.

Faulk says the Rams installed new plays for the game against the Patriots, and that the Patriots seemed to be so perfectly prepared for them that Faulk believes they must have used espionage.

“I understand Bill is a great coach,” Faulk said. “But No. 13 [Kurt Warner] will tell you. Mike Martz will tell you. We had some plays in the red zone that we hadn’t ran. . . . And a couple of plays on third down that we walked through also . . . And they created a check for it. It’s just little things like that. It’s either the best coaching in the world when you come up with situations that you had never seen before. Or you’d seen it and knew what to do.”

Faulk seems to believe Belichick and the Patriots got off easy for Spygate.

“Am I bitter about how the league handled them taping people? If Bountygate was that bad and Sean got suspended for a whole year? If we want to talk about some unfair assessment of how we’re assessing things? Man. If you lost a game and your brother cheated you, you’ll remember that.”
    And 11 years later, Faulk still remembers a Super Bowl that he believes the Patriots stole.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason why anyone cheats -- Armstrong, Belicheat, Clemens, Arod, McGuire, Bonds, etc., is to gain an advantage. Unfortunately, we will never know the extent/depth of NE's cheating because the Commissioner felt the need to destroy evidence without any independent/other eyes viewing the tapes. In legal circles that si known as "obstruction of justice." But when you are the Commissioner and you want to protect your darling franchise, NE, you destory and answer no questions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Marshall Faulk: Patriots cheated the Rams out of a Super Bowl
    Just so I understand, your theory about how the Patriots cheated to beat the Panthers has something to do with Marshall Faulk crying himself to sleep over the Rams choking in the Super Bowl?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude part of spy gate was scouting the oppents games and taping their plays before hand and then during the game they would tape and compare and make adjustments from the booth to the field

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    The reason why anyone cheats -- Armstrong, Belicheat, Clemens, Arod, McGuire, Bonds, etc., is to gain an advantage. Unfortunately, we will never know the extent/depth of NE's cheating because the Commissioner felt the need to destroy evidence without any independent/other eyes viewing the tapes. In legal circles that si known as "obstruction of justice." But when you are the Commissioner and you want to protect your darling franchise, NE, you destory and answer no questions.
    Yes, we've heard this song before. And we have different views of whether other eyes have viewed the tapes and why Goodell destroyed them.

What I am trying to figure out is how the Spygate crowd thinks the Pats cheated to win the Super Bowl over the Panthers. If they didn't do it by sideline videotaping (which doesn't make sense unless they were videotaping George Seifert when the teams last played two years earlier and John Fox kept the same signals) then they must have done it through means that have not yet come to light. And if those means have not yet come to light, why wouldn't they be cheating the same way now?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers! This is a happy day - lets toast to the Pats losing another playoff game. They wanted so badly to play at Met Life in the superbowl to rub it in the Jets faces but they forgot to get there.