Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 114

Thread: Bellicheck deserves to be in HOF?

  1. #1

    Bellicheck deserves to be in HOF?

    Other whole world knows bellicheat won few superbowls with help of taping walkthroughs, ect.. He was found guilty of the charge and stripped of draft picks.. Since then he has not been able to win a Super Bowl despite getting in 8 times, mostly being a high seed with home field advantage throughout.. Today was first playoff game they played as underdog in years..

    Now let's look at baseball, many great players have been denied HOF even if rumored to be on steroids.. Bottom line they clearly had the stats but because they were thought to has used steroids, or in other words suspected of cheating they are being kept out.. Bb was found guilty of NFL for cheating, at the time when they won superbowls.. So why wouldn't NFL judge bb the way baseball views steroid users? He should only be judged worthy of hall post spygate.. Since spygate he is getting outcoached in playoffs most of the time by underdog team.. Even with 1 of the best qbs of all time leading the way..


    Pats are a very good football team yr in yr out.. Brady is obviously huge reason why.. So it is surprising how a team who is a top seed just about every yr in playoffs for near a decade, gets denied every yr.. Coaching must be looked at as 1 of main reasons why that is.. Bb is not worthy of HOF post spygate IMO..
    Last edited by Cleansweep2013; 01-20-2014 at 02:15 AM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    If BB is not in the HOF then who goes in his place?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If BB is not in the HOF then who goes in his place?
    Sony/Panasonic and Ernie Adams.
    Last edited by Hollywood Nosebleed; 01-20-2014 at 03:02 AM.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If BB is not in the HOF then who goes in his place?
    Someone who wasn't found guilty of cheating? My comparison was to baseball.. Some guys didn't even fail a drug test but if they were on the " steroid list" that came out a few yrs ago it severely damaged their chances of going to HOF.. Those are just guys " rumored" of cheating.. Bb was found guilty of cheating and punished. I don't even agree with baseball keeping guys out HOF for just being on the that list.. I'm just curious why bb never gets that cheating cloud over his head when HOF discussion comes up.. The nfl media doesn't even bring it up when talking about his Super Bowl wins..

  7. #7
    Of course he does. Anybody that disagrees is a moron and/or just a huge Jets homer.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Of course he does. Anybody that disagrees is a moron and/or just a huge Jets homer.
    Your vote has been taken away and have zero cred for opinion since you said this about pats few weeks ago lol :
    Originally Posted by DaBallhawk
    Talentwise...Talentwise the Pats should be dead last in the league. At some point it's up to the coach to help the players make progress and get better. A good coach doesn't need the most talented squad in the league to win games.
    Last edited by Cleansweep2013; 01-20-2014 at 06:04 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Your vote has been taken away after it's been revealed you said this few weeks ago lol :
    Originally Posted by DaBallhawk
    Talentwise...Talentwise the Pats should be dead last in the league. At some point it's up to the coach to help the players make progress and get better. A good coach doesn't need the most talented squad in the league to win games.
    You must be one of those morons / Jets homers then. Nothing new here...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If BB is not in the HOF then who goes in his place?
    Rich Rotite, the man with identical to BB lifetime record prior to Brady arrival. At least he did not cheat.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    You must be one of those morons / Jets homers then. Nothing new here...
    Lol again if it is your opinion " talent wise pats should be dead last in league" then you lack even the hint of intelligence to have an opinion.. Do you still stand behind that claim or were you 30 beers deep and will plead "intoxicated " for reason of making maybe the biggest asinine statement of the yr..

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,060
    Let's see what he does when a team in his div has a real solid franchise QB and he does not. I know the division and it's QB issues have nothing to do with winning playoff games and winning SB's, but it does with the easy ride to winning the div every year. I am not saying BB does not deserve something, you have to admit that he has had the luxury of Brady his wile ride, for the most part.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Other whole world knows bellicheat won few superbowls with help of taping walkthroughs, ect.. He was found guilty of the charge and stripped of draft picks.. Since then he has not been able to win a Super Bowl despite getting in 8 times, mostly being a high seed with home field advantage throughout.. Today was first playoff game they played as underdog in years..

    Now let's look at baseball, many great players have been denied HOF even if rumored to be on steroids.. Bottom line they clearly had the stats but because they were thought to has used steroids, or in other words suspected of cheating they are being kept out.. Bb was found guilty of NFL for cheating, at the time when they won superbowls.. So why wouldn't NFL judge bb the way baseball views steroid users? He should only be judged worthy of hall post spygate.. Since spygate he is getting outcoached in playoffs most of the time by underdog team.. Even with 1 of the best qbs of all time leading the way..


    Pats are a very good football team yr in yr out.. Brady is obviously huge reason why.. So it is surprising how a team who is a top seed just about every yr in playoffs for near a decade, gets denied every yr.. Coaching must be looked at as 1 of main reasons why that is.. Bb is not worthy of HOF post spygate IMO..
    Tapping Walkthroughs??? I can see you, like most of this board, have no idea what spygate was about.

  14. #14
    But a loss is a loss and facts are facts. Belichick is stuck on three titles and hasn't won one since the NFL busted him for the Spygate videotaping scandal.
    This is written not by Jets fans, but ESPN and AP.
    source - http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=340119007

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Tapping Walkthroughs??? I can see you, like most of this board, have no idea what spygate was about.
    I can see a Pats fan getting ready to defend BB to the death. You're right, there was never proof that they taped walkthroughs. No proof that the accusations by Rams and others were wrong, just no proof that they did. And of course without proof it didn't happen. Even though given the disregard for the rules why would anyone ever believe a BB led team?

    Have to ask, why when Pats fans talk about spy gate they always claim there was no advantage in taping from sidelines. But jump all over and defend to the death the idea that practices were taped? Why would you care if tape meant nothing?

  16. #16
    No, absolutely not. He has not proven that he is a HOF coach. Yes, his SB titles were aided by the worst cheating scandal in NFL history. The destruction of the evidence by the NFL, without any independent verification, leads any neutral observer to conclude that Goodell did not want this to get any larger. Keep in mind when this came to the public's attention, several different professional sports leagues were dealing with their own respective scandals -- NBA, MLB, Olympics, etc. The last thing Goodell wanted was the most popular sport [NFL] dragged into a scandal.

    Belicheat's poor playoff record since Spygate and his career record pre-Brady tells you all you need to know about the genius (I really mean fraud).

  17. #17
    spygate mean anything to you people is belli a great coach no a great cheat yes he should not go into the hall of fame ever there should be a cloud over that entire team

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,289
    Hall of Fame coach. Hall of Shame person.

  19. #19
    LOL what sour grapes in this thread. If Belichick was our coach in either of 2009 or 2010 we would have won at least one Super Bowl, guaranteed.

    He's probably the greatest football genius of all time, maybe second, to Parcells. He has more Super Bowl victories than the Jets have division titles in the last 40 years. He's won the AFCE almost 15 years in a row. He consistently takes teams of average-level talent to Conference Championships and Super Bowl appearances.

    Most BB-hating on this board is pure rationalizing for the fact that Hess screwed him over and forced him away to New England. I can guarantee that if it were Belichick winning the AFCE every year in the Meadowlands instead of Foxboro, nobody on here would complain about his douchebaggery, cheating, or whatever else you come up with.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones View Post
    LOL what sour grapes in this thread. If Belichick was our coach in either of 2009 or 2010 we would have won at least one Super Bowl, guaranteed.

    He's probably the greatest football genius of all time, maybe second, to Parcells. He has more Super Bowl victories than the Jets have division titles in the last 40 years. He's won the AFCE almost 15 years in a row. He consistently takes teams of average-level talent to Conference Championships and Super Bowl appearances.

    Most BB-hating on this board is pure rationalizing for the fact that Hess screwed him over and forced him away to New England. I can guarantee that if it were Belichick winning the AFCE every year in the Meadowlands instead of Foxboro, nobody on here would complain about his douchebaggery, cheating, or whatever else you come up with.
    Hess screwed Belicheat over? Hahaha....that's a good one. Really screwed him with that million dollar bonus and guaranteeing he would be the next HC of the NYJ, like Belicheat had wanted. What a terrible thing for Leon to do.

    Lies to an old dying man for a fast million bucks, cheats in his personal life, cheats on the field, whines about everyone and everything when his illegal advantage is removed and he can't cheat his way to Championships any more. Yeah, what a guy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us