Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please explain to me how either of those QBs are better than Geno

Please explain to me how either of those QBs are better than Geno

Honestly all the Geno bashing, his on field play I am referring to, I really don't understand. How can anyone here say if he is going to be good or not. Both the Seahawks and the 49ers have much better skill players than we do and both of their QBs did not play well, especially the 49er QB. Can you honestly say they are significantly better than Geno and if so how?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfanfromthestart View Post
    Honestly all the Geno bashing, his on field play I am referring to, I really don't understand. How can anyone here say if he is going to be good or not. Both the Seahawks and the 49ers have much better skill players than we do and both of their QBs did not play well, especially the 49er QB. Can you honestly say they are significantly better than Geno and if so how?
    Russell Wilson has had a passer rating over 100 in each of his first two seasons in the NFL. Geno had a passer rating over 100 for ONE GAME this year. Comparing them all is ludicrous.

Veteran
    Well in order to judge Geno or compare him you have to understand both Wilson and Kaep are 2nd year players. They have the benefit of a year more of progression. That and you add that both the 49'ers and Seahawks have better offensive weapons and it almost becomes a mute point of comparison because the Jets have no legit playmakers on offense.

From a skill set perspective, height aside I see more of Wilson in Geno than I do Keap.Geno isn't a option QB, he's a QB who can run much like Wilson. Geno has to improve in all area's of being a QB from 1st year to second year. If he does improve this year, assuming he doesn't get beat out during camp and we surround him with some good players, his ceiling could dramatically rise. He has the talent, lets see if he can get it done.

Jets Insider VIP
    You realize these qbs are playing against the 2 best def in the league right?

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson made so many mental errors late in yesterday's game - I couldn't believe what I was watching.

It is clear to me that Geno possesses all of the physical tools to be a very good QB. He also appears to have on the field leadership qualities. Unfortunately, his decision making and blitz/coverage recognition was far below average. Wilson and Kapernick rarely make costly mental mistakes, Geno rarely went a game without making multiple costly mental errors. I'm anxious for next season already because we should know early on whether he is willing and able to improve in this area. This is the first time in his life that he can dedicate his time and has all the resources necessary to better himself. Let's hope he accepts and overcomes the challenge.

I hope Geno becomes more of a running threat like he did the last couple of weeks of the year. It would open up our offense tremendously, I know he isn't the athlete Kaepernick is, but he is still a hell of a runner and tends to know when to tuck it and run.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    It is clear to me that Geno possesses all of the physical tools to be a very good QB. He also appears to have on the field leadership qualities. Unfortunately, his decision making and blitz/coverage recognition was far below average. Wilson and Kapernick rarely make costly mental mistakes, Geno rarely went a game without making multiple costly mental errors. I'm anxious for next season already because we should know early on whether he is willing and able to improve in this area. This is the first time in his life that he can dedicate his time and has all the resources necessary to better himself. Let's hope he accepts and overcomes the challenge.
    Geno had more rushing td's then Wilson or Kaepernick this season.. Once he started doing what MM and Rex told him to do the team did much better and that was if nothing is open use your legs..

I think you might be out of your mind. Geno looked like the worst QB the Jets ever had ( that didn't make just a start or two) last season. I can't understand the people who thought he turned a corner in the last two games. All he did in those games was not play terrible. He had a couple of average games period. He is NOT the answer. Again period. The longer we stick with him the more years this team will waste. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by ny jets boss View Post
    I hope Geno becomes more of a running threat like he did the last couple of weeks of the year. It would open up our offense tremendously, I know he isn't the athlete Kaepernick is, but he is still a hell of a runner and tends to know when to tuck it and run.
    Jmo that is the worst thing that could have happened to Geno Smith career ,having success late in the year running the football. First every team he now plays will account for it ( him running) ,and now when ever he feels a little pressure he will take off.
    That isn't going to make him a top Qb running it, but him being able to throw ball accurately, read defenses , and getting the ball out a lot faster. All those things he has to dramatically improve on, if he ever going to be the Qb you hope he can become.
    When he can't run it anymore ( DC take that away) than he has to prove he can throw the football . He can't do that he isn't going to last that long in this league.

Jets Insider VIP
    dump. For the love of God, dump

I can honestly say that you need your head examined. Pronto.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Geno had more rushing td's then Wilson or Kaepernick this season.. Once he started doing what MM and Rex told him to do the team did much better and that was if nothing is open use your legs..
    Agreed..in fact, I was screaming at the TV early season for Geno to run more.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Both QB's played like $h*t in the NFC championship

Geno has a longgg way to go still before he should be mentioned in the same breath as either though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I think you might be out of your mind. Geno looked like the worst QB the Jets ever had ( that didn't make just a start or two) last season. I can't understand the people who thought he turned a corner in the last two games. All he did in those games was not play terrible. He had a couple of average games period. He is NOT the answer. Again period. The longer we stick with him the more years this team will waste. End of story.
    I am ready to move on as well. The guy just doesnt have it. I expect a qb to be drafted before round 3 is over.

The Geno comparison is laughable. Put that aside. Seattle's WRs yesterday were Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse. Their TE was Zack Miller. These are superstars? Geno would be an all Pro with those guys? Please. It goes to show that the game is still won on the O-line and D-line, and with a good QB. And all this talk that the Jets just need a few WRs to be a contender is stupid.

I'm glad to see that people on here still believe it's impossible for a player to improve after one season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I am ready to move on as well. The guy just doesnt have it. I expect a qb to be drafted before round 3 is over.
    You are a good fan and I like you but thanks be to God you are not the GM. Geno played well enough and showed signs that he is, at least, good enough to compete for the number 1 job next season. Between Hill and Cumberland, there were more drops than a crack house.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    The Geno comparison is laughable. Put that aside. Seattle's WRs yesterday were Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse. Their TE was Zack Miller. These are superstars? Geno would be an all Pro with those guys? Please. It goes to show that the game is still won on the O-line and D-line, and with a good QB. And all this talk that the Jets just need a few WRs to be a contender is stupid.
    You don't take those WR/TE's over what Geno had ???

I bet you think Powell/Ivory is better than Lynch as well.

All League
    Smarter.

Better decision makers.