Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please explain to me how either of those QBs are better than Geno

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    You don't take those WR/TE's over what Geno had ???

I bet you think Powell/Ivory is better than Lynch as well.

Hmm... I didn't say I wouldn't take them over what we have, I just said they are not superstars. They lost Rice and Harvin and still made the SB. People are acting like we just need 2 WRs and a TE and we're set.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neither Kaepernick or Wilson ever tried passing the ball behind their backs to their other hand.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Neither Kaepernick or Wilson ever tried passing the ball behind their backs to their other hand.
    Wilson did it yesterday!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to agree with the OP.

As soon as Geno started running more often - the offense opened up a lot. He clearly wasn't and isn't as good as either right now, but I can see the comparison and the potential.

Kaep had the benefit of sitting his rookie year and Wilson right now has the best defense in football (the same reason people never gave Sanchez any credit)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You are a good fan and I like you but thanks be to God you are not the GM. Geno played well enough and showed signs that he is, at least, good enough to compete for the number 1 job next season. Between Hill and Cumberland, there were more drops than a crack house.
    Maybe i should clarify. I dont think he has it but im not a coach who spent all season with him. But this team needs a backup qb anyways. So you give the job to geno for this upcoming season, but you have another young gun waiting in the wings.

If geno improves, great. If he stinks it up, at least there is some hope with another young guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno throws the ball better than Kaepernick. If you keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him throw, throw, throw, he's not so good. He's a runner who happens to be able to throw. Geno is a passer who happens to be a fast runner.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I think you might be out of your mind. Geno looked like the worst QB the Jets ever had ( that didn't make just a start or two) last season. I can't understand the people who thought he turned a corner in the last two games. All he did in those games was not play terrible. He had a couple of average games period. He is NOT the answer. Again period. The longer we stick with him the more years this team will waste. End of story.
    ? He had the best QBR in the league only behind Manning in the last 4 games, what games were you watching?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Wilson did it yesterday!
    He didn't go behind his back, he tried to change hands while running away from a defender. Big difference.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Jmo that is the worst thing that could have happened to Geno Smith career ,having success late in the year running the football. First every team he now plays will account for it ( him running) ,and now when ever he feels a little pressure he will take off.
    That isn't going to make him a top Qb running it, but him being able to throw ball accurately, read defenses , and getting the ball out a lot faster. All those things he has to dramatically improve on, if he ever going to be the Qb you hope he can become.
    When he can't run it anymore ( DC take that away) than he has to prove he can throw the football . He can't do that he isn't going to last that long in this league.
    Good post. I agree with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The OP is literally the dumbest thing I have read all day. Granted, I haven't read any of warfish's stupid political posts today...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    CK & RW3 have offenses that was catered to or knew respectively. Geno is learning new offense and shared his learning time with MS. Im not saying he will be good or Elite(hoping) but he does deserve a chance to show the final four games were either a new beginning or a fluke. Drafting a third round QB is ok if the Jets feel the lines are set and no higher rated skill player is available

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The intent of this post was to point out that all people do is put down Geno. I heard over and over again that Marty M. was extremely impressed with Geno's progress. How do we know that he is not going to be the future? I can't and by the way neither can most if not all of you, unless you attend practices daily. I am a big fan of Russell Wilson and I personally thing the 49er QB stinks. Bet the 49ers would like to have their old QB back now. But as usual when someone wants to put a topic up all people want to do is make the poster look stupid. If the Jets draft a QB high that will tell how they feel about Geno. Keep in mind how some of the greats did their first couple of years in the league, start with Peyton.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    He didn't go behind his back, he tried to change hands while running away from a defender. Big difference.
    I seem to remember it going behind his back.