Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbaugh vs Rex

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Harbaugh vs Rex

Can you imagine the NY media if Rex pulled the antics on the sideline that Harbaugh displays consistently?

What a classless guy!

He has already had one Unsportsman like penalty called though in circumstances that didn't hurt his team--end of the half. Since the NFL is being so strict with players' conduct, they should at least expect a HC to act like a professional.

SOJF's should thank me for this opportunity to dis Rex.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets fans love to call other teams, players and coaches, classless.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dis guys got no fuhkin class!

adclay-med.jpg

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by addage View Post
    Can you imagine the NY media if Rex pulled the antics on the sideline that Harbaugh displays consistently?

What a classless guy!

He has already had one Unsportsman like penalty called though in circumstances that didn't hurt his team--end of the half. Since the NFL is being so strict with players' conduct, they should at least expect a HC to act like a professional.

SOJF's should thank me for this opportunity to dis Rex.

Harbaugh IMO is a better coach. He is much more solid on the clock, X's and O's, over all player management. All things that if REX would do, would make him a top 5 coach.

Antics aside... he's pretty good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Harbaugh IMO is a better coach. He is much more solid on the clock, X's and O's, over all player management. All things that if REX would do, would make him a top 5 coach.

Hold on there CPA.

There's no denying that SF's talent is much greater than the Jets at almost every key position on both sides of the ball. Yet, Harbaugh has lost twice in the Championship round like Rex (and another in the SB). With all that talent you would think he could win one championship in 3 attempts. Therefore, how good is he really?
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 01-20-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: typo

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Hold on there CPA.

There's no denying that SF's talent is much greater than the Jets at almost every key position on both sides of the ball. Yet, Harbaugh has lost twice in the Championship round like Rex (and another in the SB). With all that talent you would think he could win won championship in 3 attempts. Therefore, how good is he really?
    I said I think he is better than REX. I did NOT say how good he was and I of course see your point.

Rex can be great but right now is just a good coach. The small things he omits are crazy. Not taking a knee in NO, leaving Sanchez in a pre season game, and the list goes on. Harbaugh identified Kapernick in college and developed him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said I think he is better than REX. I did NOT say how good he was and I of course see your point.

Rex can be great but right now is just a good coach. The small things he omits are crazy. Not taking a knee in NO, leaving Sanchez in a pre season game, and the list goes on. Harbaugh identified Kapernick in college and developed him.
    Kaepernick wasn't a great passer in college. He's not a great passer in the pros. Not sure what he's developed. He's still the same flawed player.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree completely about the X's and 0's. But I thought he had the better personnel and the better game plan yesterday and still lost.

Rex isn't much like Harbaugh. He's more like Pete. Gets his players to give their all. Wins games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Yeah but in Harbaugh's case he actually is a classless jerk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Yeah but in Harbaugh's case he actually is a classless jerk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hold on there CPA.

There's no denying that SF's talent is much greater than the Jets at almost every key position on both sides of the ball. Yet, Harbaugh has lost twice in the Championship round like Rex (and another in the SB). With all that talent you would think he could win won championship in 3 attempts. Therefore, how good is he really?
    Exactly. Harbaugh may have just hit his ceiling. His team was about as complete as could be expected yet he couldn't get there. I thought his team's decline was already coming at the beginning of this year but he pulled it together. I wouldn't be surprised if the 49'ers don't even get to the CG next year. Rex has definitely not hit his ceiling yet.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-20-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by addage View Post
    Agree completely about the X's and 0's. But I thought he had the better personnel and the better game plan yesterday and still lost.

Rex isn't much like Harbaugh. He's more like Pete. Gets his players to give their all. Wins games.
    Agreed....

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Kaepernick wasn't a great passer in college. He's not a great passer in the pros. Not sure what he's developed. He's still the same flawed player.

He is still a pretty dynamic player but I hear you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Rex liked him also but we didn't have a 2nd rd pick in 2011..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Rex liked him also but we didn't have a 2nd rd pick in 2011..
    Where did you hear that tidbit? I am not doubting you, but this is the first time I heard of Rex liking Kappy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Harbaugh's antics are helping to put a bullseye on the 49ers like Rex did the first two years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you hear that tidbit? I am not doubting you, but this is the first time I heard of Rex liking Kappy.
    I dont doubt it either but...

1) Rex looking at an offensive player?

2) Not having a mid round pick is so like the Tanny Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We lost Brad Smith to the Bills and Rex wanted a guy to run the Wild Cat.. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-colin-kaerp/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    We lost Brad Smith to the Bills and Rex wanted a guy to run the Wild Cat.. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-colin-kaerp/
    So Rex wanted to spend a 2nd rounder on a wildcat QB. I'm not surprised. Bear in mind at the time Sanchez was still "the guy" so that is what his intention for Kaep would have been.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex's evaluation of a quarterback - "I'd weakside blitz him and make sure we sack at the waist!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media would be all over Harbaugh too if he didn't win so many games. You can do whatever you want as long as you consistently win.