Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl News and Notes

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Bowl News and Notes

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Complete Senior Bowl weigh-ins posted: http://www.draftinsider.net/

Interesting note on Jordan Matthews, he has 10.5 inch hands, thats pretty impressive. For comparison Hakeem Nicks also has 10.5 hands.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 01-20-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron Murray and Tajh Boyd both measured under 6'1".

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow didn't know Murray was so short

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I figured Boyd was 6'0, hes athletic so he can succeed at that height IMO.

Jordan Matthews 6'2 and 10 inch hands, nice size.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I figured Boyd was 6'0, hes athletic so he can succeed at that height IMO.

Jordan Matthews 6'2 and 10 inch hands, nice size.
    WR, Vanderbilt: Considering his success in the SEC, perhaps it isn't surprising that Matthews looked the part of a future high NFL pick but some of the conference's biggest names weren't nearly as well-built as the Commodores' star receiver, who sported a chiseled 6-foot-2 (and 5/8"), 209-pound frame, long arms (32 5/8") and big hands (10.5").

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    WR, Vanderbilt: Considering his success in the SEC, perhaps it isn't surprising that Matthews looked the part of a future high NFL pick but some of the conference's biggest names weren't nearly as well-built as the Commodores' star receiver, who sported a chiseled 6-foot-2 (and 5/8"), 209-pound frame, long arms (32 5/8") and big hands (10.5").
    since idzik has gone on record he values performance more than potential (kinda the opposite of tanny), i would expect him to take a guy like matthews over others. i can't say i've seen him play, but if he's a boldin type who can run routes and hold onto the ball just think how much more valuable he is instantly than stephen hill.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    since idzik has gone on record he values performance more than potential (kinda the opposite of tanny), i would expect him to take a guy like matthews over others. i can't say i've seen him play, but if he's a boldin type who can run routes and hold onto the ball just think how much more valuable he is instantly than stephen hill.
    He is much faster than Boldin. Matthews can start from day one, he is pro ready right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is much faster than Boldin. Matthews can start from day one, he is pro ready right now.
    i recently saw a mock where they had the jets taking a wr (lee i think, but let's just say it could also be matthews) in the first and the notre dame te in the 2nd. i like that start.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i recently saw a mock where they had the jets taking a wr (lee i think, but let's just say it could also be matthews) in the first and the notre dame te in the 2nd. i like that start.
    I think Niklas will be there in the 3rd, I would go WR/WR in the first and second just because I think I can get two very good receivers who can play right away.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Niklas will be there in the 3rd, I would go WR/WR in the first and second just because I think I can get two very good receivers who can play right away.
    i hear you. i am wondering though, if the jets would take a qb or rb in the 2nd, if they've got a wr in the first and are willing to take another in the 3rd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a guy we could use.

112 catches, 1,477 yards, 7 TD in the SEC. Had a very productive year the year before as well. And being 6'2 with large hands, could be a nice outside WR for us.

There should be a nice player for us to take at 18, I wouldn't trade up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Sounds like a guy we could use.

112 catches, 1,477 yards, 7 TD in the SEC. Had a very productive year the year before as well. And being 6'2 with large hands, could be a nice outside WR for us.

There should be a nice player for us to take at 18, I wouldn't trade up.
    What is interesting about Matthews production is that he did it on Vandy as the only real offensive threat in that offense. It isn't like he played for one of the powerhouse teams with a future NFL QB and surrounding talent.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...0&fr=ipad&tt=b

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...0&fr=ipad&tt=b

Liked him holding on in traffic on some of those

Kid looks a little like Geno too

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senior bowl recap coming up on NFL network in 5 minutes. Time to get the DVR running for the rest of the week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Senior bowl recap coming up on NFL network in 5 minutes. Time to get the DVR running for the rest of the week.
    I watched the practice earlier. Robert Herron WR out of Wyoming was beating ever CB they put on him. I wouldn't mind him in the mid or later rds. He's more of a slot WR tho.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

No way....you know that it take a few years NORMALLY to develop a WR

We have a good chance getting a Keenan Allen type in round 3, as we can get a pro ready guy in rounds 1 and 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    No way....you know that it take a few years NORMALLY to develop a WR

We have a good chance getting a Keenan Allen type in round 3, as we can get a pro ready guy in rounds 1 and 2
    Knowing Rex Ryan love for CB's would it surprise anyone if he took another one early- Stanley Jean-Baptiste 6'2 215.
    After the all star gAmes and the combine his stock might sky rocket. It's paramount in Rex Ryan defense to have top man to man cb's. Dee Milliner seem to improve , but he also got lucky as Qb missed wide open Wr's. ( don't know if you want to count on that happening too often.

Very deep Wr draft that they can get one in the second or third round.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michael Sam/Mizzou looks great in drills at DE but has done nothing to make anyone believe the transition to OLB will be quick or easy.

Tahj Boyd/QB/Clemson better today but still no more than a last day pick IMO. Logan Thomas/Va Tech looks awful.

Must say Brandon Thomas/Clemson doing a very good job at left tackle. Good feet, angles and uses hands well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 3m

Spoke with Vanderbilt WR Jordan Matthews today. He interviewed with the Jets last night. #nyj

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 29m

Early word on Aaron Colvin is a feared ACL tear.

That sucks, he was one of the guys I was really hoping would drop to our first pick in the third. 6th round compensation pick and just stash him?