Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Huff - WR Oregon

Josh Huff - WR Oregon

Curious what the consensus is on this kid. Goes 5'11 200 lbs so he is far from "tiny". Seems to be a strong competitor, can work as a slot WR and kick returner (would love to see him develop into a punt returner but he didnt do that at oregon.) Tony wrote that he is having a good week of practice.

While he will work predominantly in the slot, he also has enough speed to get vertical and can run after the catch. Seems like he is a better value to me in the 4th round then players like odell beckham and brandin cooks, who have similar size and will probably be 2nd or early 3rd round picks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Curious what the consensus is on this kid. Goes 5'11 200 lbs so he is far from "tiny". Seems to be a strong competitor, can work as a slot WR and kick returner (would love to see him develop into a punt returner but he didnt do that at oregon.) Tony wrote that he is having a good week of practice.

While he will work predominantly in the slot, he also has enough speed to get vertical and can run after the catch. Seems like he is a better value to me in the 4th round then players like odell beckham and brandin cooks, who have similar size and will probably be 2nd or early 3rd round picks.
    Huff is a perfect example of the depth of this draft. You're right he did have a good week but because there are so many
    other WR's he gets overlooked. I wouldn't be crying if we picked him up in the middle rounds

All Pro
    Don't know much about him, but everything I have read this week about his performance at the senior bowl has been positive. Just about every report I have seen singles him out as one of the standouts from the week of practice. I think this is another example of the quality and depth in this year's draft -- seems like there will be a lot of quality in the middle and late rounds.

I agree with KRLs point in the other thread - I could see us taking someone like Van Noy in the first and focusing on WR/TE in the mid rounds.

Trade scenarios are so tough to predict, but Id love to see us move down to 25, and take ASJ or Van Noy if it got us another 3rd round pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Huff is kind of a poor man's Marquise Lee. Lee may be a hair faster but Huff is still really fast. I would much rather Huff in the 4th than Lee in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Huff is kind of a poor man's Marquise Lee. Lee may be a hair faster but Huff is still really fast. I would much rather Huff in the 4th than Lee in the first.
    I was gonna use that comparison, but thought it was too much of a stretch. If they are close, would rather huff as well

Hall Of Fame
    I was gonna use that comparison, but thought it was too much of a stretch. If they are close, would rather huff as well
    It really isn't that much of a stretch IMO. I would have hard time taking a WR under 6 feet tall with the 18th overall pick.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It really isn't that much of a stretch IMO. I would have hard time taking a WR under 6 feet tall with the 18th overall pick.
    which is why i think the jets would take a te over a wr if the values are similar at 18. they have enough picks in subsequent rounds to get quality wrs.

All League
    Paul Richardson also fits the Marqise Lee type, but Richardson has better hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Paul Richardson also fits the Marqise Lee type, but Richardson has better hands.
    Paul Richardson kind of reminds me of Justin Hunter who came out last year. I love his tape, but I'm worried about his slight frame.

All League
    thats really his only issue

Did huff play in the game today? He didn't show up in the box score I saw - did he get injured?

Practice Squad
    Josh Huff Ore. and Mike Davis Tex. are awesome middle round WRs

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Richardson - 83/1343/10

Huff - 62/1140/12

Oregon runs the ball MUCH more then they throw. Makes me feel like Huff is the more of an impact player.

All League
    Huff is also surrounded by much better talent (especially at QB).

I agree with KRLs point in the other thread - I could see us taking someone like Van Noy in the first and focusing on WR/TE in the mid rounds.

Trade scenarios are so tough to predict, but Id love to see us move down to 25, and take ASJ or Van Noy if it got us another 3rd round pick.
    OMG!
    If the Jets can trade down to 25 & come out with Van- or Jenkins & another 3rd round pick in this deep draft I will be doing cartwheels!
    Can you imagine the excitement of the 2nd & especially the 3rd round with 3 freaking picks & a multitude of studs all over the damn board! Holy sh*t!

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    OMG!
    If the Jets can trade down to 25 & come out with Van- or Jenkins & another 3rd round pick in this deep draft I will be doing cartwheels!
    Can you imagine the excitement of the 2nd & especially the 3rd round with 3 freaking picks & a multitude of studs all over the damn board! Holy sh*t!

If your trading down, you better be trading down for Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Richardson will be a Good Pro if he can stay healthy . And he will fit morinhweg's offense like a glove in the west coast.

Below is the list of WRs and TEs in 2012 that were selected in the first 3 rounds. Seems like there is a STAGGERING amount of better and deeper talent at WR this year. It really is a great year to have extra 3rd and 4th round picks.

Tavon, Dandre Hopkins, Coradelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Aaaron Dobson, KENNAN ALLEN, Terrance WIlliams, and stedman bailey

Eifert, Zack Ertz, Gavin Escobar, Vance McDonald, Kelce, jordan reed

All Pro
    Did huff play in the game today? He didn't show up in the box score I saw - did he get injured?
    I don't think he played in the game, but I am not sure why. Maybe he was dinged up in practice.