Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 169

Thread: SB tickets prices dropping...

  1. #1
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    SB tickets prices dropping...

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...-market-012514


    I knew this would happen. Corporate stooges don't want to sit in the cold.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Investment gold.. Should of just put a retractable top .

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Anyone know of a way to short sell Super Bowl tickets?
    Sell them on StubHub today. Buy them tomorrow.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    NY Super Bowl = Dumbest Idea Ever

    Thank Roger Goodell for being inept. Thank the classy Giants organization for c0ckblocking the retractable roof.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Football is an supposed to be played outdoors exposed to the elements, with some exceptions, perhaps chess matches executed in a school gymnasium would make some of you happier and can attend those.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Football is an supposed to be played outdoors exposed to the elements, with some exceptions, perhaps chess matches executed in a school gymnasium would make some of you happier and can attend those.
    The problem is the Super Bowl audience is at least 50% non-football fans who are just watching b/c of the hype and commercials. They could care less about the game or tradition. If there is a blizzard and this game ends up being a run-run-run-punt fast with a 7-6 final score this has potential to be a ratings disaster.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The problem is the Super Bowl audience is at least 50% non-football fans who are just watching b/c of the hype and commercials. They could care less about the game or tradition. If there is a blizzard and this game ends up being a run-run-run-punt fast with a 7-6 final score this has potential to be a ratings disaster.
    Don't care, if my team is in it they could have a snow angel contest, I'm happy because the Jets are in the SB, conversely if they are not playing, well....
    Last edited by Apache 51; 01-25-2014 at 05:43 PM.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Football is supposed to be played outdoors, in the fall and winter. Tough crap if it's cold or it snows.

    Super Bowls should be played at each teams stadium once every 32 years. Some years it will be warm, some it will be cold. Tough shlt.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The problem is the Super Bowl audience is at least 50% non-football fans who are just watching b/c of the hype and commercials. They could care less about the game or tradition. If there is a blizzard and this game ends up being a run-run-run-punt fast with a 7-6 final score this has potential to be a ratings disaster.
    Good! Let the real football fans take back their Superbowl! I'm sick of the pseudo fans they're worse than people who go to church on Christmas and Easter, asking are you rooting for the Broncos or Seahawks and don't know anything else. Do I have to root for one of them? I don't know why real football fans are objecting to football being played in football weather. I'm glad (and shocked) Goodell did this but he obviously promised if the Giants/Jets built a new stadium with corporate luxury boxes (from whose warmth they'll comfortably enjoy 'watching' the game while dining on filet mignon and drinking sake) that New York would get its Superbowl - and he delivered. I'm just dreading trying to get home from the suburbs on Friday and Saturday night.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    4,011
    Post Thanks / Like
    1.2+ Billion Dollar stadium in the North East without even the option of a Retactable Roof. Moronic.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...-market-012514


    I knew this would happen. Corporate stooges don't want to sit in the cold.
    Can't believe they gave Roger the commissioner job instead of you.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...-market-012514


    I knew this would happen. Corporate stooges don't want to sit in the cold.
    Corporate stooges don't scalp tix, thats why they're corporate stooges.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    1.2+ Billion Dollar stadium in the North East without even the option of a Retactable Roof. Moronic.
    Because its not needed.

    Funny, why is it that people that don't live here or don't have STs are the ones who complain the most about needing a roof on a stadium to play an outdoor sport?

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Football is supposed to be played outdoors, in the fall and winter. Tough crap if it's cold or it snows.

    Super Bowls should be played at each teams stadium once every 32 years. Some years it will be warm, some it will be cold. Tough shlt.
    That's a great idea, spread the 9 billion around. Prolly wouldn't work, unfortunately.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Good! Let the real football fans take back their Superbowl! I'm sick of the pseudo fans they're worse than people who go to church on Christmas and Easter, asking are you rooting for the Broncos or Seahawks and don't know anything else. Do I have to root for one of them? I don't know why real football fans are objecting to football being played in football weather. I'm glad (and shocked) Goodell did this but he obviously promised if the Giants/Jets built a new stadium with corporate luxury boxes (from whose warmth they'll comfortably enjoy 'watching' the game while dining on filet mignon and drinking sake) that New York would get its Superbowl - and he delivered. I'm just dreading trying to get home from the suburbs on Friday and Saturday night.
    It's the golden rule.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Good! Let the real football fans take back their Superbowl! I'm sick of the pseudo fans they're worse than people who go to church on Christmas and Easter, asking are you rooting for the Broncos or Seahawks and don't know anything else. Do I have to root for one of them? I don't know why real football fans are objecting to football being played in football weather. I'm glad (and shocked) Goodell did this but he obviously promised if the Giants/Jets built a new stadium with corporate luxury boxes (from whose warmth they'll comfortably enjoy 'watching' the game while dining on filet mignon and drinking sake) that New York would get its Superbowl - and he delivered. I'm just dreading trying to get home from the suburbs on Friday and Saturday night.
    I find it kind of funny. We could host a AFCCG 2 weeks before the SB, could be -5, with snow and no one says boo. If the weather conditions are the same for a SB it would be a disaster to these same "fans".

    And why should teams that are built to play in and take advantage of playing in domes or warm weather sites have an advantage over a cold weather team if both meet in a SB?

    Why of the 4 major sports, is football the only one that plays its regular season games no matter the elements but it's the only one that plays its championship in a neutral site with an eye on perfect weather?
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-25-2014 at 06:27 PM.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    He with the gold rules.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because its not needed.

    Funny, why is it that people that don't live here or don't have STs are the ones who complain the most about needing a roof on a stadium to play an outdoor sport?
    I am a STH and feel the Jets/Giants spent to much on a stadium that didn't have a roof. Their contractors ripped them off.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not surprised that prices are going down for the same reasons other have already listed: the suits do not like the cold. Unfortunately, I don't think casual fans can afford $1,500 per seat either, so it could lead to some empty seats or a bunch of Roger Goodell's buddies filling those vacated seats. Time will tell.

    As far as a roof not being on MetLife, I'm glad it isn't. Then we would have the Super Bowl circus here every five years instead of this once in a lifetime event. Football is meant to be played in the elements and the elements here in December, quite frankly, are not that bad. Minnesota this is not. I don't think I ever will be in favor of a roof, but if you ask me again when the next stadium goes up, probably when I'm in my 50's, I may have a different opinion.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    The stadium is awful in almost every way, completely nondescript for what they spent, but thats not the point.

    Im not surprised the prices are dropping, but what would be awesome would be if the prices fell enough for the real denver and seattle fans who can't afford $2500 per ticket, but can pay $1500 fill up the stadium. That would be a great and very different atmosphere for a SB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us