Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 169

Thread: SB tickets prices dropping...

  1. #21
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,592
    Get in the door price one week out is just under $1600 a ticket (far reaches up the upper deck endzone).

    I'm guessing that price will settle in the $800-900 range by next Saturday and very close to face value will be had on Sunday.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I am a STH and feel the Jets/Giants spent to much on a stadium that didn't have a roof. Their contractors ripped them off.
    You think the Jets and Giants are too stupid to price out a stadium?

    Its the cost of construction in NJ, unions rip the pricing apart. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stadium. Its big, its comfortable and there are tons of restaurants/bars/lounges to bring in revenue. Fans get twisted over paint and trim, I could care less. Dome would have added tons of $$ to the cost, they looked into it. I've had season tickets for longer than most and could care less about a dome. Its unnecessary, to me Jet football is an outdoor game. I miss the really bad weather of Shea.

  3. #23
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    1.2+ Billion Dollar stadium in the North East without even the option of a Retactable Roof. Moronic.
    You a season ticket holder?

    Thought so.

    SAR I

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Get in the door price one week out is just under $1600 a ticket (far reaches up the upper deck endzone).

    I'm guessing that price will settle in the $800-900 range by next Saturday and very close to face value will be had on Sunday.
    I'd consider going for 800 bucks

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The stadium is awful in almost every way, completely nondescript for what they spent, but thats not the point.

    Im not surprised the prices are dropping, but what would be awesome would be if the prices fell enough for the real denver and seattle fans who can't afford $2500 per ticket, but can pay $1500 fill up the stadium. That would be a great and very different atmosphere for a SB.
    Between the flight and hotel room that adds a lot to the cost. Don't think a different fan goes with a price of 1k cheaper.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    I'd consider going for 800 bucks
    Looks like snow potentially. That will drop prices. Wonder if people double list on stub hub and ticket exchange. Lots of tickets available.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The problem is the Super Bowl audience is at least 50% non-football fans who are just watching b/c of the hype and commercials. They could care less about the game or tradition. If there is a blizzard and this game ends up being a run-run-run-punt fast with a 7-6 final score this has potential to be a ratings disaster.
    Game could be played in any condition with any score and its going to score the biggest numbers by far of the year.

    Super Bowl isnt a football game anymore. Its a national get together/unofficial holiday. The actual football is secondary to the commercials, parties and half time show.... and thats being generous

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You think the Jets and Giants are too stupid to price out a stadium?

    Its the cost of construction in NJ, unions rip the pricing apart. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stadium. Its big, its comfortable and there are tons of restaurants/bars/lounges to bring in revenue. Fans get twisted over paint and trim, I could care less. Dome would have added tons of $$ to the cost, they looked into it. I've had season tickets for longer than most and could care less about a dome. Its unnecessary, to me Jet football is an outdoor game. I miss the really bad weather of Shea.
    Yes. For that amount of money, they should have been able to build a great stadium. Have you seen Seahawks Stadium? Cowboys Stadium? Wembley Stadium? Allianz Stadium in Germany?

    MetLife looks like an A/C unit. Any staff architect at the Port Authority could have done a better job.
    They have too many bad seats in the upper deck.
    They don't have enough good seats in the lower bowl or Mezzanine level.
    They built mezzanine club seats with no view of the field.
    If they didn't want a dome, they could have built a roof over some/all of the seats like every new European soccer stadium has.

  9. #29
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Yes. For that amount of money, they should have been able to build a great stadium. Have you seen Seahawks Stadium? Cowboys Stadium? Wembley Stadium? Allianz Stadium in Germany?

    MetLife looks like an A/C unit. Any staff architect at the Port Authority could have done a better job.
    They have too many bad seats in the upper deck.
    They don't have enough good seats in the lower bowl or Mezzanine level.
    They built mezzanine club seats with no view of the field.
    If they didn't want a dome, they could have built a roof over some/all of the seats like every new European soccer stadium has.
    The stadium is packed on Sunday's and the fans in there were able to buy their way off the waiting list and out from lousy Giants Stadium squatters into whatever seats they wanted.

    The only people complaining are those who sit at home and watch on TV.

    SAR I

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The problem is the Super Bowl audience is at least 50% non-football fans who are just watching b/c of the hype and commercials. They could care less about the game or tradition. If there is a blizzard and this game ends up being a run-run-run-punt fast with a 7-6 final score this has potential to be a ratings disaster.
    If there is snow on Sunday the game will get the highest ratings they've ever gotten for a Super Bowl.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The stadium is packed on Sunday's and the fans in there were able to buy their way off the waiting list and out from lousy Giants Stadium squatters into whatever seats they wanted.

    The only people complaining are those who sit at home and watch on TV.

    SAR I
    Not complaining about how it turned out for me ( I actually got seats), but I think the teams made bad choices in the design of the stadium. Simply put, the money they spent should have bought them the best outdoor stadium in the world; howeve, it did not.

  12. #32
    I buy and sell tickets on the side and had a friend ask me to try to help sell his SB tickets. Prices kept tanking and tanking and tanking and offers I got kept going down by the day. Fortunately they were not my tickets but he finally got out. I also had two parking passes for sale that I did pretty well on but I see those tanking as well. It's still 8 days away but IF (and it's a big IF) we get a snowstorm next Sunday and it screws up some flights I see $300 to get in. Just my best guess.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Football is an supposed to be played outdoors exposed to the elements, with some exceptions, perhaps chess matches executed in a school gymnasium would make some of you happier and can attend those.
    Problem is what if the Dolphins and Bucs are playing in SB in the craphole weather of the northeast?? All SB's should be indoors or in the south.

  14. #34
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Not complaining about how it turned out for me ( I actually got seats), but I think the teams made bad choices in the design of the stadium. Simply put, the money they spent should have bought them the best outdoor stadium in the world; howeve, it did not.
    Everything is more expensive and a compromise in New York.

    The rent I paid on a 400 square foot walk-up brownstone apartment on the UWS cost me more than a 4,000 square foot house on 3 acres in New Hampshire. MetLife Stadium is great, I've been to 10 other NFL stadiums and ours is better than most of them.

    SAR I

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I buy and sell tickets on the side and had a friend ask me to try to help sell his SB tickets. Prices kept tanking and tanking and tanking and offers I got kept going down by the day. Fortunately they were not my tickets but he finally got out. I also had two parking passes for sale that I did pretty well on but I see those tanking as well. It's still 8 days away but IF (and it's a big IF) we get a snowstorm next Sunday and it screws up some flights I see $300 to get in. Just my best guess.
    How much did he end up getting?

    If the price drops enough I will buy tickets.

    I think it's now expected to rain on Sunday. Let's see how many people want to sit thru that.

  16. #36
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,705
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    How much did he end up getting?

    If the price drops enough I will buy tickets.

    I think it's now expected to rain on Sunday. Let's see how many people want to sit thru that.
    Freezing rain is the absolute worst case scenario.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #37
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    37,081
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    How much did he end up getting?

    If the price drops enough I will buy tickets.

    I think it's now expected to rain on Sunday. Let's see how many people want to sit thru that.
    My bro in law works for the NFLPA and goes to the SB every year. During the rain game when Peyton won his first SB he left at halftime calling it one of the worst experiences of his life. And, it was warm down there.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Problem is what if the Dolphins and Bucs are playing in SB in the craphole weather of the northeast?? All SB's should be indoors or in the south.
    So you are a N.O. fan? Why not all games inside? It's bad enough teams like the Colts, Saints, Atlanta get to play on their living room carpet.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Yes. For that amount of money, they should have been able to build a great stadium. Have you seen Seahawks Stadium? Cowboys Stadium? Wembley Stadium? Allianz Stadium in Germany?

    MetLife looks like an A/C unit. Any staff architect at the Port Authority could have done a better job.
    They have too many bad seats in the upper deck.
    They don't have enough good seats in the lower bowl or Mezzanine level.
    They built mezzanine club seats with no view of the field.
    If they didn't want a dome, they could have built a roof over some/all of the seats like every new European soccer stadium has.
    Have you been to those stadiums? Because Seattle has a stadium with loud acoustics that may have been part of the plan its a better stadium? Based on what, someone elses sh1t is always better than ours, especially if youre a Jet fan?

    Please, when someone starts by saying they don't like the way it looks outside, that its the wrong color or tries to make a case for poor seating I tune out. BTW, you mention the uppers twice. Then talks about Wembley or Allianz? You've sat in every seat in those two stadiums? Sure you have. Alianz? Other than it looks cool outside you don't have a clue that its any better once youre sitting inside, you know the really important part of the equation. Sorry I dont get pissed because it doesn't look as cool in blimp shots on TV.

    All of this is part of the endless debate by fans who wanted something like Jerrys World with NY costs attached and cant seem to understand how much more it costs to build here.

    None of this has anything to do with tixs sold here. If anything the price to come here, to stay here, eat hers, etc influences ticket sales, has to cost a hell of a lot more to attend a game here than other cities.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-26-2014 at 11:14 AM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Football is supposed to be played outdoors, in the fall and winter. Tough crap if it's cold or it snows.

    Super Bowls should be played at each teams stadium once every 32 years. Some years it will be warm, some it will be cold. Tough shlt.
    All good, except not every location can handle a Super Bowl. Green Bay is an iconic stadium for example, but they do not have the accommodations or amenities to handle it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us