Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ebron vs Amaro vs Seferian-Jenkins...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    First highlight film I've watched on him. He looks a little like Gronk out there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all fairness, that video was from before last years college season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    In all fairness, that video was from before last years college season.
    Yes, that's partly why i posted it. He's a year removed from being the consensus top prospect at tight end by a country mile. Does that mean he's forgiven for everything that happened in 2013? Absolutely not, but i think you have to look at the total body of work and decide what's truly representative of the person and the player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that's partly why i posted it. He's a year removed from being the consensus top prospect at tight end by a country mile. Does that mean he's forgiven for everything that happened in 2013? Absolutely not, but i think you have to look at the total body of work and decide what's truly representative of the person and the player.
    Decent hands, but his hips looks like they're cast in cement. Really stiff and lacking fluidity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    note:

Eric Ebron - TE - Player
    An anonymous AFC executive wonders if North Carolina TE Eric Ebron is tough enough to catch the ball over the middle.
    "I don't think he's tough enough to run down the seam and catch the ball in the middle," the executive said. "Is he a great athlete? Yes. Does he have good hands? Yes. Can he catch the ball in traffic? I don't think so." Ebron is viewed as the top tight end in the 2014 draft and is expected to be a mid-to-late first-round pick. He's been compared to Vernon Davis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GWjet View Post
    Then the question becomes would you draft Ebron @18, and over who
    I'd take Ebron over every O player other than Bridgewater and Evans. I think he is a difference maker. IMO, the bronco's should do everything in their power to trade up to get Ebron, he'd have 100 receptions with Peyton Manning as his QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "AFC executive" trying to diminish Ebron's value, happens every year. Nothing from his games shows me Ebron will shy from catching over the middle, this is pure nonsense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sweating Ebron though, I would be just fine with a guy like Fiedorowicz or Niklas in the 3rd or 4th round though. Jets will go BPA so TE might not be what they're looking for in the first.

Fiedorowicz is a man among boys when it comes to blocking, he dominates most one on ones and looks like he relishes his job. Jenkins looks lost at times when he's not involved, very disconcerting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    note:

Troy Niklas - TE - Fighting Irish
    ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Notre Dame's Troy Niklas can challenge for the No. 2 TE spot in the 2014 class.
    "Niklas has solidified his status as a potential first-round pick and even a potential challenger to be the second tight end taken," Kiper writes. "His blocking ability is ahead of Ebron's and Amaro's, but I think he's athletic enough to be split out or work in the slot consistently." Niklas currently sits as Kiper's No. 3 tight end. He was asked to frequently stay in as a pass protector, but Niklas can be freed as a receiver at the next level.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    note:
    Iv'e been on the Niklas bandwagon since the day he declared, even put him in my only mock. He has everything you could want in a TE, just a bit raw when it comes to receiving.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iv'e been on the Niklas bandwagon since the day he declared, even put him in my only mock. He has everything you could want in a TE, just a bit raw when it comes to receiving.
    It's interesting to see that even Niklas is gaining momentum. It's really building towards a "who you like" year for TEs. Lots of talent, but different skillsets between them. We'll see how things shake out over pro-days and workouts but it's looking like it could be very difficult to predict round/rank between the top 5.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's interesting to see that even Niklas is gaining momentum. It's really building towards a "who you like" year for TEs. Lots of talent, but different skillsets between them. We'll see how things shake out over pro-days and workouts but it's looking like it could be very difficult to predict round/rank between the top 5.
    Whose the fifth? If you're talking about CJ from Iowa that is one TE I'm not very enamored with. He's a good blocker but is stiff,stiff,stiff. I don't think he'll ever become a big receiving threat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    No need when we have a young talented Sudfeld and despite what many say Cumberland, who would average better numbers with a better QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whose the fifth? If you're talking about CJ from Iowa that is one TE I'm not very enamored with. He's a good blocker but is stiff,stiff,stiff. I don't think he'll ever become a big receiving threat.
    I would say he's easily got the number 5 spot sewed up. Not saying he's gonna get drafted in the first 60 picks, but he's the cliff. CJ feels like a "known" commodity, where as guys like Rodgers and Grimble will be 4th round flyers.

The next tier that I'm looking at is Crockett (vice baby!) Gilmore and jordan Najvar... i like their ceilings alot more.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm an ASJ guy. I remember after his first game at Washington I posted "Pardis is gonna love this guy, 6'7" TE..." I see people calling him slow, but I've always felt that his movement for a guy his size was great. I think he'll run faster than some people on here are expecting, probably somewhere in the 4.7s.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I'm an ASJ guy. I remember after his first game at Washington I posted "Pardis is gonna love this guy, 6'7" TE..." I see people calling him slow, but I've always felt that his movement for a guy his size was great. I think he'll run faster than some people on here are expecting, probably somewhere in the 4.7s.
    YUP! Been on the bandwagon ever since. He's clearly the best all around TE prospect despite 2013 IMO. I'm idling right now, but i'll get this engine humming along soon enough. Give me ASJ or give me death!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Decent hands, but his hips looks like they're cast in cement. Really stiff and lacking fluidity.
    Stiff? He moves well for a man that size.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    YUP! Been on the bandwagon ever since. He's clearly the best all around TE prospect despite 2013 IMO. I'm idling right now, but i'll get this engine humming along soon enough. Give me ASJ or give me death!
    Will he be there in the second?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Logan Thomas was the #1 rated TE of high school school class. In comparison, ASJ and Amaro were #2 and #3 respectively of theirs. Thomas went to VA Tech to play TE/WR and at some point was volun"told" into switching positions. The fact that he had to be approached about the change to QB is significant because usually you hear the reverse. A lot of times it's guys refusing to play anything but QB to the detriment of their NFL careers (see Tim Tebow). Even after the switch, Thomas was quoted as saying that "he still saw himself as a TE". It's fair to say that the VA Tech coaching staff managed to converted a blue chip TE prospect into a below average QB prospect. Thomas projects as a 6th-UDFA QB. If he does get drafted to play QB, it will strictly be on his potential given his size, athleticism and arm strength. Provided he still sees himself as a TE, he would be a very interesting developmental TE prospect. He would bring all of the size (6-6 260) and athleticism of the top 3 guys with the unique perspective of a having played QB. You also wouldn't have to waste a top pick on him.