Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 120 of 120

Thread: Ebron vs Amaro vs Seferian-Jenkins...

  1. #101
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,358
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    Logan Thomas was the #1 rated TE of high school school class. In comparison, ASJ and Amaro were #2 and #3 respectively of theirs. Thomas went to VA Tech to play TE/WR and at some point was volun"told" into switching positions. The fact that he had to be approached about the change to QB is significant because usually you hear the reverse. A lot of times it's guys refusing to play anything but QB to the detriment of their NFL careers (see Tim Tebow). Even after the switch, Thomas was quoted as saying that "he still saw himself as a TE". It's fair to say that the VA Tech coaching staff managed to converted a blue chip TE prospect into a below average QB prospect. Thomas projects as a 6th-UDFA QB. If he does get drafted to play QB, it will strictly be on his potential given his size, athleticism and arm strength. Provided he still sees himself as a TE, he would be a very interesting developmental TE prospect. He would bring all of the size (6-6 260) and athleticism of the top 3 guys with the unique perspective of a having played QB. You also wouldn't have to waste a top pick on him.
    There's a discussion here about Logan thomas between broadcasters during this video of Rob Herron - who by the way i had as option in my "pick a scenario". I like him as a late pick.


  2. #102
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    Along those lines of changing a players position I wonder what the scouts think of James Wilder going back to the defensive side. He has some impressive measurables for a safety and was an all-world type of defensive player coming out of HS.

  3. #103
    He's a freak athlete that's for sure, underutilized at FSU, but a guy to keep an eye on for sure. I think he can play linebacker at the next level, he can add 20 pounds to his frame without a problem.

  4. #104
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,358
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What about Grimble????

    If I had to decide between Ebron at 18 or Grimble in the 5th, I take Grimble in a heartbeat.
    Grimble in the 5th... I guess at that point the value meets the pick. I wouldn't feel great about it unless we made some kind of splash in FA at TE, or took two TEs. I haven't seen a lot from him lately but I could stand to spend some more time on Xavier. Is he tapped out? - is the question I have.

  5. #105
    @NFL_CFB: Jace Amaro's pro day watched by @nyjets GM John Idzik + TE coaches from @Saints, @Giants. http://t.co/gy0tj1Qs48

  6. #106
    Amaro over Ebron? Hahahaha STOP It! Hahahaha You're killin me ! Hahahaha And Decker over Megatron, right? Hahahaha! You slay me! And Amaro will shave 3/10ths off his 40 in the pros right? Hahahaha What 's easier to teach, blocking or speed? Hahaha Amaro, the hero of Joe Blow TEs everywhere, hahaha Good one!

  7. #107
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicajoe View Post
    Amaro over Ebron? Hahahaha STOP It! Hahahaha You're killin me ! Hahahaha And Decker over Megatron, right? Hahahaha! You slay me! And Amaro will shave 3/10ths off his 40 in the pros right? Hahahaha What 's easier to teach, blocking or speed? Hahaha Amaro, the hero of Joe Blow TEs everywhere, hahaha Good one!
    You waste one of your 5 posts a year on this !?!?! ... Now that is funny!!!

  8. #108
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicajoe View Post
    Amaro over Ebron? Hahahaha STOP It! Hahahaha You're killin me ! Hahahaha And Decker over Megatron, right? Hahahaha! You slay me! And Amaro will shave 3/10ths off his 40 in the pros right? Hahahaha What 's easier to teach, blocking or speed? Hahaha Amaro, the hero of Joe Blow TEs everywhere, hahaha Good one!
    Funny_99e76b_262544.jpg

  9. #109
    I was listening to Mel kipper talk about Logan Thomas as a te prospect on first draft and it was pretty amazing. His numbers were better than ebron and amaro.

    Logan Thomas Virginia Tech 6'6 248 10 7/8 hands 4.61 40 time, that's extremely fast for his size

    I think va tech did this guy a disservice changing him into a qb.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @NFL_CFB: Jace Amaro's pro day watched by @nyjets GM John Idzik + TE coaches from @Saints, @Giants. http://t.co/gy0tj1Qs48
    interesting. how many pro days does idzik attend? i wonder if they're considering him at 18, or maybe trading back and getting him in the 20s.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    interesting. how many pro days does idzik attend? i wonder if they're considering him at 18, or maybe trading back and getting him in the 20s.
    dont know..tanny went to them too....one thing that sticks w/me regarding Idzik..He was a WR at Dartmouth..And he coached WRs at Buffalo and/or Duke..

  12. #112
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I was listening to Mel kipper talk about Logan Thomas as a te prospect on first draft and it was pretty amazing. His numbers were better than ebron and amaro.

    Logan Thomas Virginia Tech 6'6 248 10 7/8 hands 4.61 40 time, that's extremely fast for his size

    I think va tech did this guy a disservice changing him into a qb.
    Just curious. Could a guy like that be both a TE#2 and QB#3? Save a roster spot. Or is there not enough time in the week to get in the work at both positions?

  13. #113

    Talking amaro runs well

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This lost me when you projected Amaro as a 2nd round talent running a 4.8.

    If he was really expected to run in the 4.8's he wouldn't even be in these discussions.
    == Amaro ran a 4.68 at his pro day-- Jets reportedly are looking at him.

  14. #114
    Amaro is another Anthony Becht.

    Evans or Ebron at 18 please. Evans is probably a bigger impact player right off the start for us.

  15. #115
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,325
    Not a chance Evans is there at 18

    ... I'll go leave pleasure myself messages in every room of the house ... Including closets ... If it happens

  16. #116
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Not a chance Evans is there at 18

    ... I'll go leave pleasure myself messages in every room of the house ... Including closets ... If it happens
    I agree with you on the masturbatory propensities that might ensue if he is available and we draft him.

    I don't think he's gonna be there.....but Detroit signed Tate and the Ravens locked down Smith. Steelers are going defense so there is a slight chance it could happen.

    I'm saying there's a chance.

  17. #117
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,358
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I agree with you on the masturbatory propensities that might ensue if he is available and we draft him.

    I don't think he's gonna be there.....but Detroit signed Tate and the Ravens locked down Smith. Steelers are going defense so there is a slight chance it could happen.

    I'm saying there's a chance.
    Lol, so you're saying there's a chance!

    Nothing would make me happier, but we all know that ain't happening. Evans is one of those prospects that a team drafts regardless of their current roster.

  18. #118
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Lol, so you're saying there's a chance!

    Nothing would make me happier, but we all know that ain't happening. Evans is one of those prospects that a team drafts regardless of their current roster.
    Call me Lloyd Christmas.


  19. #119
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    8,217
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    interesting ... I've seen a couple highlight vids that certainly whet my appetite on Amaro! I'd need to check more out on Ebron if he make such as impression on you to be significantly better!
    link after reading what the jets think of ebron i would like to see more of amaro also

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicajoe View Post
    Amaro over Ebron? Hahahaha STOP It! Hahahaha You're killin me ! Hahahaha And Decker over Megatron, right? Hahahaha! You slay me! And Amaro will shave 3/10ths off his 40 in the pros right? Hahahaha What 's easier to teach, blocking or speed? Hahaha Amaro, the hero of Joe Blow TEs everywhere, hahaha Good one!
    Yeah just ask Dustin keller

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us