Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the NAMATH LOVE!!!!!

All Pro

Where is the NAMATH LOVE!!!!!

Only Joe Namath can rock a fur coat in today's day and age of fur coats being anti-everything to stand for, and then f**k up the coin toss!!!!

That is our Joe baby!!!

All Pro
    Most (only?) memorable toin-coss in Superbowl history. Joe is so cool he performed the damn thing twice.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Only Joe Namath can rock a fur coat in today's day and age of fur coats being anti-everything to stand for, and then f**k up the coin toss!!!!

That is our Joe baby!!!
    He's still the coolest guy on the field wherever he goes

He might have been the most memorable thing about the game. Namath pulled it off with such smoothness.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He's still the coolest guy on the field wherever he goes
    amen! +1

All Pro
    If ONLY there had been a girl on the field that, after the SECOND coin toss, he could have said "I wanna kiss you," and he would have bent her over and gave her a big smooch...

The legend is Joe Namath.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post

That is our Joe baby!!!
    I love Joe, but he's become an embarrassment on live TV. In our Super Bowl hosting moment of glory, the one tie the Jets have to the event shows up in a fur coat in 50 degree weather and throws a coin toss interception.

Joe Namath 1980-2002 was cool as sh-t, a living legend. And Joe Namath 2003-2014 is terrific in pre-taped segments on TV and radio, really has some strong insights and is very relevant. But live, very different story.

SAR I

Did he mess up or the ref? Its the refs job to state the sides of the coin corresponding to their respective team, not Joe's. He was just the honorary flipper.

All League
    Hell yeah he was a bad ass no question. ...makes me sad and jealous I wasn't alive when he was playing.....must of been awesome to be a Jets fan in the 60s

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I love Joe, but he's become an embarrassment on live TV. In our Super Bowl hosting moment of glory, the one tie the Jets have to the event shows up in a fur coat in 50 degree weather and throws a coin toss interception.

Joe Namath 1980-2002 was cool as sh-t, a living legend. And Joe Namath 2003-2014 is terrific in pre-taped segments on TV and radio, really has some strong insights and is very relevant. But live, very different story.

SAR I
    To be fair, I think he thought, like all of us, that it was going to be colder than it was.

It was embarrassing to watch to be honest.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    So you're so clueless that you completely missed the point of the fur coat? Or What Joe is, who gives a sh1t about taped vs live insights, this had nothing to do with anything here

What's more off, your common sense or thermometer?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    To be fair, I think he thought, like all of us, that it was going to be colder than it was.
    To be fair, someone from Fox probably handed it to him and said, "you should wear this, people will love it".

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    To be fair, someone from Fox probably handed it to him and said, "you should wear this, people will love it".
    If you want to be fair don't make it up.

There is no reason FOX would hand him the fur, the one he wore on ESPN and the NFLN hours earlier. Guessing Joe or his coat added nothing to FOXs bottom line or ratings.

Just as NBC didn't hand him a coat to wear on the sidelines when he was injured way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He might have been the most memorable thing about the game. Namath pulled it off with such smoothness.
    To his credit, he handled it as smooth as you can. Plus he is still a pimp at 70.

All League
    DIdnt the Ref screw up the toss? Not Joe

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Hell yeah he was a bad ass no question. ...makes me sad and jealous I wasn't alive when he was playing.....must of been awesome to be a Jets fan in the 60s

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    It was great. Brief, but great.

Give him some slack....He does have brain damage from playing football....

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    I really have no strong feelings about the coat, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that some furrier paid Namath to wear it.

Without Joe Namath we are basically the Detroit Lions.

download (1).jpgdownload (2).jpgdownload.jpg