Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Where is the NAMATH LOVE!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    I think some people have a real soft spot for Joe b.c of his struggles and what he has done for the team and are willing to overlook the Suzy Kolber embarrassment and the criticism he has had for the team. I could see why those things can piss some fans off. To each their own.

For me it is a combination, I am grateful for what he brought us, I sympathize with his struggles and I blame the Jets organization for his current relationship with the team more than I blame Joe. Joe should be working for the Jets. He shouldn't have to go on the radio or TV and be asked questions about the team which might lead to him saying something "bad" about them. He is being paid for his opinions and gives them. I think having Joe involved would be an asset for this team. I am not talking about making him GM but I think there would be some value to have him being around the team and sharing his experiences with these young men. Also I think his image is good for the team despite the multiple faux pas.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Joe should be working for the Jets. He shouldn't have to go on the radio or TV and be asked questions about the team which might lead to him saying something "bad" about them. He is being paid for his opinions and gives them. I think having Joe involved would be an asset for this team. I am not talking about making him GM but I think there would be some value to have him being around the team and sharing his experiences with these young men. Also I think his image is good for the team despite the multiple faux pas.
    I agree with most of this. I wish it was different.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think some people have a real soft spot for Joe b.c of his struggles and what he has done for the team and are willing to overlook the Suzy Kolber embarrassment and the criticism he has had for the team. I could see why those things can piss some fans off. To each their own.

For me it is a combination, I am grateful for what he brought us, I sympathize with his struggles and I blame the Jets organization for his current relationship with the team more than I blame Joe. Joe should be working for the Jets. He shouldn't have to go on the radio or TV and be asked questions about the team which might lead to him saying something "bad" about them. He is being paid for his opinions and gives them. I think having Joe involved would be an asset for this team. I am not talking about making him GM but I think there would be some value to have him being around the team and sharing his experiences with these young men. Also I think his image is good for the team despite the multiple faux pas.
    Well stated. SNY should give him a talk show.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Dude put the bottle down. Please re read my post. Joe Namath ROCKS! I only wear his jersey. NO ONE on this site supports Joe more than I. Namath is my hero. Fukk me...did you see my sig???

Wait! You mean that isn't you? Damn. I wanted your autograph.

Wait..wut??? So Warfish is wrong? Really?
    Very wrong. And has been quite a bit lately. This is the same guy who questioned the Sheldon Richardson pick AFTER he wins DROY, which is like questing the purchase of a winning lotto ticket, or whether to accept a date with Scarlett Johansson.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I love Joe, but he's become an embarrassment on live TV. In our Super Bowl hosting moment of glory, the one tie the Jets have to the event shows up in a fur coat in 50 degree weather and throws a coin toss interception.

Joe Namath 1980-2002 was cool as sh-t, a living legend. And Joe Namath 2003-2014 is terrific in pre-taped segments on TV and radio, really has some strong insights and is very relevant. But live, very different story.

SAR I
    That's the most truth I've heard so far.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF.C.Martin View Post
    That's the most truth I've heard so far.
    I was more embarassed for Cmarts HOF speech.

Joe Willie is like that crazy uncle who was good to you when you were a kid. You respected and admired him.
    Now he's older, still crazy, but you give him a pass for all the good things he did for you.
    You accept him and tolerate him even though he's a little off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I was more embarassed for Cmarts HOF speech.
    Ah yes the HOF speech... Most of these guys have lived for the game of football and eat, breath, sleep football. I was someone who was somewhat forced to play football. I can remember draft day like it was yesterday. My family and I were sitting around and were watching the draft. The phone rings and it’s Bill Parcells. I answer the phone and say “Hello,” and Parcells says, “Curtis, we want to know if you’re interested in being a New England Patriot?” I said, “Yes, yes, sir.” And we hang up the phone. As soon as we hang up the phone I turn around to everyone, and I said, “Oh my gosh, I do not want to play football.” http://churchthought.com/lines-curti...like-football/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Ah yes the HOF speech... Most of these guys have lived for the game of football and eat, breath, sleep football. I was someone who was somewhat forced to play football. I can remember draft day like it was yesterday. My family and I were sitting around and were watching the draft. The phone rings and it’s Bill Parcells. I answer the phone and say “Hello,” and Parcells says, “Curtis, we want to know if you’re interested in being a New England Patriot?” I said, “Yes, yes, sir.” And we hang up the phone. As soon as we hang up the phone I turn around to everyone, and I said, “Oh my gosh, I do not want to play football.” http://churchthought.com/lines-curti...like-football/

Curtis-playoffs looked like Peyton manning in the recent SB. Never got started, very disappointing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post

And we hang up the phone. As soon as we hang up the phone I turn around to everyone, and I said, “Oh my gosh, I do not want to play football.”[/B]
    As a Jets Insider Hall Of Famer, I feel the same way. Sean Deegan is like "Hey SAR, do you want to post on JI?" and I said "Oh my gosh, I do not want to post on discussion forums."

Look at me now.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

As a Jets Insider Hall Of Famer, I feel the same way. Sean Deegan is like "Hey SAR, do you want to post on JI?" and I said "Oh my gosh, I do not want to post on discussion forums."

Look at me now.

SAR I
    You and Cumar made it the same way COMPILING..

Veteran
    I love Joe, but he's become an embarrassment on live TV. In our Super Bowl hosting moment of glory, the one tie the Jets have to the event shows up in a fur coat in 50 degree weather and throws a coin toss interception.

Joe Namath 1980-2002 was cool as sh-t, a living legend. And Joe Namath 2003-2014 is terrific in pre-taped segments on TV and radio, really has some strong insights and is very relevant. But live, very different story.

SAR I
    Agreed. The guy makes me cringe now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    Agreed. The guy makes me cringe now.
    Without him....we are the Lions or Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Speak for your own little town if you like, your experiences there do not mirror DC. I assure you, he's a joke here.

"Many remember him" as a great college QB with bad knees, a good QB (for a few years) who lit it up in the air, a better media figure (for those same years), and a total drunken mumbling joke and embarassement for the past 20+ years.

If I'm angry about anything, it's that the face of our team in 2014 is a drunken pimpcoat wearing has-been from 40 years ago who may be the worst overall QB in the NFL HoF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Not just one oddball voice in the wilderness but now at least 2 grade A
    fancy pukes (and one attention whore piling on, effetely and redundantly)
    knocking Joe Namath.

If you are any kind of Jet fan at all, you know Joe Namath is an eternal icon and champion
    the likes of which the latter-day parade of non-champion failures aka your false idols
    (e.g. The Compiler) could never be. He's not just a guy who had "come and gone",
    or a better than average player that failed to grab the brass ring,
    he's the Jets' Reggie, Jeter, Messier - a hero for all for all time.

You never hear other teams fans tear down the heroes they never saw, but leave it
    to the same old jerks to come up with new ways to project their neuroses
    LMAO

I attack subject matter, not other posters.

Something you'll never comprehend.

SAR I
    STFU

And after reporting this...

GFY

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Other opinions of yours aside where we may possibly agree, your opinion of Namath is curious at best and demented at worst.
    Not interested in teaching anyone anything, least of all the doggedly unteachable in this thread.
    Namath has cemented his place in history and in the hearts of the vast majority of Jets fans.
    He needs your seal of approval even less than I do.
    I have no angst, in fact I have a bit o' joy every day because Joe brought me and real Jets fans a SB win for
    the ages.
    Because you can't relate is your problem, not others, one day you may be fortunate to see one.
    Anyone who would confuse or conflate a sports hero, with a real life hero is, well, confused.
    Unless they were veterans who also starred on the field, those guys are extra special.
    GREAT response! I loved it and agree with it all the way! I am getting tired of alleged Jets fans constantly ripping the guy who provided most real Jets fans with much happiness and helped create the new NFL. GO JETS! GO BROADWAY JOE! Screw the critics and bs artists! Joe is human and has his faults. Which of you among his critics do not have faults?

Jets Insider VIP

Look at me now.

SAR I
    I do not want to look at you nor read any of the crap you post! You are so full of yourself that its sickening to think that you "might" be a Jets fan.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I do not want to look at you nor read any of the crap you post! You are so full of yourself that its sickening to think that you "might" be a Jets fan.
    The circus left town and nows the time for the ringmaster to do the same.