Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 198

Thread: Some Martin/Incognito Texts Released

  1. #141
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Dude they are football players, bunch of crazed dogs, if they can't handle it they should tuck their tail between their legs and leave quietly.
    You're right. The laws shouldn't apply to them.

  2. #142
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    You're right. The laws shouldn't apply to them.
    We are going to have to build a lot more jails to house all these "bullies".

  3. #143
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,723
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    You're right. The laws shouldn't apply to them.
    Rules of the street. Why wasn't the entire, predominantly black (Afro-American), another stupid substitution for a descriptive not derogatory word, outraged and on strike?

  4. #144
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We are going to have to build a lot more jails to house all these "bullies".
    How many people do you know of who have gone to jail for workplace harassment?

  5. #145
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    How many people do you know of who have gone to jail for workplace harassment?
    Nobody I know. But then again I don't hang around with roided out NFL offensive linemen.

    Don't forget extortion. They "made" him pay $10k.

  6. #146
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    And Martin is a giant, weeping, sandy vagina hypocrite, who engaged in the same behavior himself without saying a word to anyone in authority, had a breakdown (probably related to his self-denial over certain urges), and suddenly decided it was all abuse, and his upper-class mind simply couldn't be exposed to it (despite having engaged in it himself repeatedly), and because he WAS exposed to it, THAT must be why his big sandy vagina ass could no longer play.

    And hey, if a nice legal payday came down the pipe, so he could make bank AND not have to play a game he clearly has no love or passion for, all the better, amirite?

    The NFL can call it what they like. I call it league CYA.
    Two questions WF:
    Has he filed a lawsuit against the Dolphins or the NFL?
    Have you read the full report?

    I had my preconceived notions about Martin... but my opinion changed once I read the report.

  7. #147
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Now copy and paste the legal definition of harassment, genius. (Hint: The Applicable law is Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.)
    I said it was harassment, not bullying detective. Get a clue.

  8. #148
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Rules of the street. Why wasn't the entire, predominantly black (Afro-American), another stupid substitution for a descriptive not derogatory word, outraged and on strike?
    I am not sure if you are trying to be funny or serious as I cannot follow your thinking on this issue. Instead of reaching conclusions without merit, just read the report. It demonstrates the vulgar behavior of Incognito, Pouncey and Jones sanctioned by coach Turner (who is described in the report as "not believable"). As for Martin also playing along, that is true. However, he did so to garner the support/acceptance of those who were bullying/harrassing him. The report stated that Martin did not want to confront his bullying colleagues in 2012 due to the fact that he was a rookie and that RI and others were more senior players on the team; not to mention that the behavior seeemed sanctioned by management -- OL coach Turner.

  9. #149
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I said it was harassment, not bullying detective. Get a clue.
    When you are in a hole stop digging. It is obvious that you have not read the report given your continued posts on the subject. If you had read the report, you would know that one of the conclusions reached (not my opinion or yours, fact) is that "the Mistreatment of Martin is Consistent with a Case of Workplace Bullying."

    Not sure what you are arguing here as it is very clear.

  10. #150
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    When you are in a hole stop digging. It is obvious that you have not read the report given your continued posts on the subject. If you had read the report, you would know that one of the conclusions reached (not my opinion or yours, fact) is that "the Mistreatment of Martin is Consistent with a Case of Workplace Bullying."

    Not sure what you are arguing here as it is very clear.
    Yikes. Lets not lose sight of the fact that this report was just that, a report, one man's (Ted Wells) findings and his opinions. Nothing was settled in a court of law. If Richie Incognito commissioned a report and hired a supposedly independent third-party investigator I am sure the findings or "facts", as you put it, would be a little different.

  11. #151
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I said it was harassment, not bullying detective. Get a clue.
    Workplace harassment is ILLEGAL. That's the issue in this case. That's what the report is about. Hello.

  12. #152
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yikes. Lets not lose sight of the fact that this report was just that, a report, one man's (Ted Wells) findings and his opinions. Nothing was settled in a court of law. If Richie Incognito commissioned a report and hired a supposedly independent third-party investigator I am sure the findings or "facts", as you put it, would be a little different.
    Ugh, if Incognito hired an investigator, he wouldn't be independent. Like when a defendant hires an expert witness. He's the defendant's expert witness, not an independent expert witness.

    The NFL hired Wells. Not Martin. Wells IS independent. I know Wells. He's no hack. He did his job here. If you don't want to believe it, that's your problem.

    Workplace investigations are done all of the time. Wells is in the best position to give you the facts as objectively as possible. Not Incognito. Not the Dolphins. Not Martin.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 02-15-2014 at 07:47 PM.

  13. #153
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yikes. Lets not lose sight of the fact that this report was just that, a report, one man's (Ted Wells) findings and his opinions. Nothing was settled in a court of law. If Richie Incognito commissioned a report and hired a supposedly independent third-party investigator I am sure the findings or "facts", as you put it, would be a little different.
    Really??? Shocking! I don't recall anyone saying the report has the force of law. Are you just trying to increase your post count?

    The report is a finding of fact from an independent source. The facts reached were based on the evidence and interviews collected over the past few months -- and cited in the report including the disgusting details (if you read it you know what I am talking about without me having to post it here on JI and possibly getting banned). I suggest you read about about Ted Wells. He's one of the best lawyers in the country.

  14. #154
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Workplace harassment is ILLEGAL. That's the issue in this case. That's what the report is about. Hello.
    Det.,

    You are wasting your time. It is clear some are grounded in their view based on their opinion, period. It is also clear that they have not read the report.

  15. #155
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Really??? Shocking! I don't recall anyone saying the report has the force of law. Are you just trying to increase your post count?

    The report is a finding of fact from an independent source. The facts reached were based on the evidence and interviews collected over the past few months -- and cited in the report including the disgusting details (if you read it you know what I am talking about without me having to post it here on JI and possibly getting banned). I suggest you read about about Ted Wells. He's one of the best lawyers in the country.
    And Incognito admitted most of the things. But . . . but . . . but they're just Wells' findings.

    We should also point out to DDNY that Wells is an management-side attorney, not an employee/plaintiff's attorney.

  16. #156
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Most people have not spent time in a locker room.
    The locker room you are referring to is a workplace. Now everyone know some work environments are tougher than others but there is a line that appears to have been crossed. And it wasn't just martin but other players and some staff. And the act that the coach was part of it is gonna be the worst for the dolphins.

  17. #157
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    And Martin is a giant, weeping, sandy vagina hypocrite, who engaged in the same behavior himself without saying a word to anyone in authority, had a breakdown (probably related to his self-denial over certain urges), and suddenly decided it was all abuse, and his upper-class mind simply couldn't be exposed to it (despite having engaged in it himself repeatedly), and because he WAS exposed to it, THAT must be why his big sandy vagina ass could no longer play.

    And hey, if a nice legal payday came down the pipe, so he could make bank AND not have to play a game he clearly has no love or passion for, all the better, amirite?

    The NFL can call it what they like. I call it league CYA.
    It's great that you were able to bring class status into your post. That was missing in most of the other anti martin posts.

  18. #158
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I already said It was just a question of whether or not it was bullying, and not if it was a violation of the code of conduct, nor whether or not it was hurtful. Jeeze no sense having a discussion with a person that needs to change the subject. You sound like a lawyer.
    I am not a lawyer.

    I changed the subject because we both made our points and doesn't appear we were going to chAnge opinions.

    What line of work are you in? I wonder if that makes a difference in how people view the situation.

  19. #159
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Dude they are football players, bunch of crazed dogs, if they can't handle it they should tuck their tail between their legs and leave quietly.

    Do you see Klecko's eyes?

    I think this sums it up well. The folks that think it's okay are of the opinion that football is suppose to be a tough game and not for weak people. Also they believe this is what goes on in locker rooms and builds teams. Plus this is the way it use to be and should still be.

    The other side thinks its harassment and doesn't matter whether it's in football and crossed over from normal team building.

    Interesting that lots of former and current players are saying locker rooms are always gonna be tough places but this was the worst they have ever seen.

  20. #160
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    The locker room you are referring to is a workplace. Now everyone know some work environments are tougher than others but there is a line that appears to have been crossed. And it wasn't just martin but other players and some staff. And the act that the coach was part of it is gonna be the worst for the dolphins.
    It's the same sort of point that get mades in harassment cases involving blue collar environments. In lots of those places, the guys act like Incognito. The problem is, it doesn't convince a jury (and it shouldn't). There are limits in every work place.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us