Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Some Martin/Incognito Texts Released

Hall Of Fame

Some Martin/Incognito Texts Released

Wells is far from independent. Wells was hired by the NFL and guess what? He found that the front office and ownership didn't know anything. He did his job. Protected the shield the best he could from a lawsuit while making the small guys take the blame.

That is all the NFL ever wanted.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-15-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Really??? Shocking! I don't recall anyone saying the report has the force of law. Are you just trying to increase your post count?

The report is a finding of fact from an independent source. The facts reached were based on the evidence and interviews collected over the past few months -- and cited in the report including the disgusting details (if you read it you know what I am talking about without me having to post it here on JI and possibly getting banned). I suggest you read about about Ted Wells. He's one of the best lawyers in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    And Incognito admitted most of the things. But . . . but . . . but they're just Wells' findings.

We should also point out to DDNY that Wells is an management-side attorney, not an employee/plaintiff's attorney.
    I read all the important parts of the report. I am well aware of who Wells is. He is an excellent attorney and that is why he was hired. My point is not about Incognito being innocent. My point is Wells was hired by the league to protect the league. Goodell never cared whose fault it was just as long as he could minimize the league and the Dolphins liability.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wells is far from independent. Wells was hired by the NFL and guess what? He found that the front office ad ownership did no wrong doing. He did his job. Protected the shield the best he could from a lawsuit while making the small guys take the blame.

You implied that he was biased in favor of Martin. You were wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    You implied that he was biased in favor of Martin. You were wrong.
    Put it this way. Did anybody think he was going to come back and not find Incognito at fault? That was a foregone conclusion from the time the voice mail was released and racial slurs were used. Didn't need a report for that. There was factual evidence for that. The report was a CYA by the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Warfish,

Go read the report and your assumptions will change. This is not only about Martin. There was another player involved identified as Player "A" who also was an offensive linemen. The racial harrassment also extended to an assistant Asian trainer (Japanese) on multiple occassions. These actions by Incognito, Pouncey, Jones and the OL coach were a clear violation of the Miami Dolphins code of conduct policy which, according to the report, every player signed and acknowledged its contents (understanding of the policy) both in 2012 and 2013.
    Fascinating folks have plenty of support for the bulling but no love for their victims..... It says a great deal...Period

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Fascinating folks have plenty of support for the bulling but no love for their victims..... It says a great deal...Period
    Yes, it says that most people don't see it as bullying, and trying to classify it as such deminishes real bullying in our culture.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Yes, it says that most people don't see it as bullying, and trying to classify it as such deminishes real bullying in our culture.
    Most people don't agree with you and the rediculous statements you're posting.

Thankfully most people don't believe that way. Or are stupid enough to call someone who was treated this way a vagina.

Put it this way. Did anybody think he was going to come back and not find Incognito at fault? That was a foregone conclusion from the time the voice mail was released and racial slurs were used. Didn't need a report for that. There was factual evidence for that. The report was a CYA by the NFL.
    He found a lot more than that. He painted a pretty complete picture of the situation and the atmosphere. He did a good job with the report.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Wells is far from independent. Wells was hired by the NFL and guess what? He found that the front office and ownership didn't know anything. He did his job. Protected the shield the best he could from a lawsuit while making the small guys take the blame.

So if his report agrees with you he's done his job and if it doesn't he's just a shill for the league.

Pretty much covers your ass

You realize that there's enough in that report to find liability against the Dolphins AND Incognito should Martin decide to sue, right? And he opened another can of worms with the trainer. I will bet you anything that if Martin sues, the Dolphins will get shellacked.

So, how exactly is Wells a shill for the NFL?

Can anyone post the pic of Bart Scott levelling Richie Incognito in that preseason game I think it was '09?

The legal liability is pretty clear in my mind.

My question is, what is Goodell going to do to the Dolphins? I don't think he's going to take this lightly.

The legal liability is pretty clear in my mind.

My question is, what is Goodell going to do to the Dolphins? I don't think he's going to take this lightly.
    That BS OL coach is already being set up as the scapegoat by the media. Philbin, Ireland and the owner I'm sure had 100% complicity and knowledge and sat on their hands. Goodell and the media are already protecting the Dolphins by saying the OL coach knew everything meanwhile Philbin somehow knows nothing. What a bunch of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    That BS OL coach is already being set up as the scapegoat by the media. Philbin, Ireland and the owner I'm sure had 100% complicity and knowledge and sat on their hands. Goodell and the media are already protecting the Dolphins by saying the OL coach knew everything meanwhile Philbin somehow knows nothing. What a bunch of garbage.
    I like how the OL coach "doesn't remember" giving the one young OL a male blowup doll. Sounds like something you'd forget doing, huh?

I like how the OL coach "doesn't remember" giving the one young OL a male blowup doll. Sounds like something you'd forget doing, huh?
    Hey man it's a condition of receiving the lucrative severance package. Those Dolphin OL coaches sure know everything meanwhile the HC, GM and Owner don't know s.

Hall Of Fame

Some Martin/Incognito Texts Released

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So if his report agrees with you he's done his job and if it doesn't he's just a shill for the league.

Pretty much covers your ass
    Not sure what you are saying. Wells did his job either way. What I agree with or disagree with is irrelevant.

You realize that there's enough in that report to find liability against the Dolphins AND Incognito should Martin decide to sue, right? And he opened another can of worms with the trainer. I will bet you anything that if Martin sues, the Dolphins will get shellacked.

So, how exactly is Wells a shill for the NFL?
    He ain't a shill. He probably got paid millions do basically tell us what we already know. And BTW "Player A" has since identified himself and said he has no issues with the OL coach or the Dolphins.

IMO the trainer has the best case bc Martin dished out some "harassment" too. He told Incogito he was going to murder his family via text. Since we are holding incognito responsible for his words regardless of intent I believe turnabout is fair play. Murder is pretty bad. Might still be worse than racism although I am not sure.

Not sure what you are saying. Wells did his job either way. What I agree with or disagree with is irrelevant.

He ain't a shill. He probably got paid millions do basically tell us what we already know. And BTW "Player A" has since identified himself and said he has no issues with the OL coach or the Dolphins.

IMO the trainer has the best case bc Martin dished out some "harassment" too. He told Incogito he was going to murder his family via text. Since we are holding incognito responsible for his words regardless of intent I believe turnabout is fair play. Murder is pretty bad. Might still be worse than racism although I am not sure.
    Of course he's going to say that. He doesn't want to be known around the league as a rat or get blackballed by the league (which he would). Why do you think they didn't use his name in the report? Think about it. Think real hard.

Same thing with the Asian trainer. He claims that everything was okay and either denied things or said he couldn't remember.

Of course he's going to say that. He doesn't want to be known around the league as a rat or get blackballed by the league (which he would). Why do you think they didn't use his name in the report? Think about it. Think real hard.

Same thing with the Asian trainer. He claims that everything was okay and either denied things or said he couldn't remember.
    Det. Kimble,

It is obvious DDNYJ did not read the entire report. In fact, he admitted to only reading the "important parts." Not sure how one concludes which part is important but if you are going to criticize Wells' findings, at the very least, you should read the entire report.

Your post is 100% correct. The report indicates that Martin's actions -- playing along at times with the abuse and not reporting it -- was due in part to him fearing reprisal. As Martin stated when the harrassment began in 2012, he was a rookie going up against veteran players. The actions by those veteran players seemed sanctioned by management (OL coach Turner). Most reasonable individuals can understand that Martin was in a no-win situation here.

The same goes for the Asian (Japanese) assistant trainer. The report clearly demonstrates that he lied to investigators claiming no harrassment/bullying/racism and speaking highly of his tormentors. However, his messages to Martin contradicted his story to Wells. One can only conclude that he did so to protect his job. In fact, the report was sympathetic to the trainer. This should not be overlooked especially when a culture in the Dolphins locker-room was created from the OL coach down to the players that marginalized anyone who did not go along or became an informant. Just look at the text messages after Martin went public and the intervention by OL coach Turner pleading with Martin, according to the report, to end this and help clear Incognito's name.
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 02-16-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Scapegoat means he didn't do anything wrong.

I don't think he's gonna be working in the nfl again.

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Scapegoat means he didn't do anything wrong.

I don't think he's gonna be working in the nfl again.
    He'll get fired (and probably soon), but it's hard to say he'll never work in the NFL again. Burress, Ray Lewis, Sean Payton, Gregg Williams all got a second chance.