Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: The Golden Taint probably staying.

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Apalachin
    Posts
    1,257

    The Golden Taint probably staying.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsRad...SportsRadioKJR


    " I'll take a little less to come back here, than get more money and go to a crappy city."- Golden Tate
    He said it on some **** radio show.

    I personally think this guy is no where NEAR #1 receiver territory and it'd be a waste of time to bring him in. I feel like Wilson extends plays and gives Tate time to get open. Much rather have Decker (worth the money IMO), a rookie, and Kerley in the slot.

    But regardless, I know some of you are high on him. I don't see him leaving Seattle.

  2. #2
    Well NY wouldn't be a crappy city. The Seahawks are already over the cap, he would have to take significantly less money.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,327
    I doubt Seattle offers him close to the money that he's going to want. I really only care because I want as many FA WRs as possible to lesson the demand.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    He's a JAG
    Wait, wait, wait...Golden Tate is not Jerry Rice? Then forget it, lets not sign him.

    Instead lets sign decker, chris johnson, jarious byrd, sam shields and jason worldis. Oh, and we can trade for larry fitzgerald. THAT is how you win, find the highest rated player available and overpay them.

    JAG is such an overused term on this website, its as if people dont understand that there is a salary cap and that above average players, who actually contribute are valuable.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,760
    Jet fans will end up hating Taint. He will not live up to expectations and he showboats as much as Holmes. No Taint and no Dicker. Whoever we bring is going to be expected to be the savior. None of the FA WRs are capable of that.

    Bring in Boldin to show the youngins how to be a pro and bring toughness to the unit. Daft your future #1.

  7. #7
    Dont we have enough of these guys? What has he done that proves he can help the Jets? At best he's a #3, should we cut Kerley? You should want better for your team, instead you would rather be a wiseass.
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Wait, wait, wait...Golden Tate is not Jerry Rice? Then forget it, lets not sign him.

    Instead lets sign decker, chris johnson, jarious byrd, sam shields and jason worldis. Oh, and we can trade for larry fitzgerald. THAT is how you win, find the highest rated player available and overpay them.

    JAG is such an overused term on this website, its as if people dont understand that there is a salary cap and that above average players, who actually contribute are valuable.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Wait, wait, wait...Golden Tate is not Jerry Rice? Then forget it, lets not sign him.

    Instead lets sign decker, chris johnson, jarious byrd, sam shields and jason worldis. Oh, and we can trade for larry fitzgerald. THAT is how you win, find the highest rated player available and overpay them.

    JAG is such an overused term on this website, its as if people dont understand that there is a salary cap and that above average players, who actually contribute are valuable.
    Tate is not a JAG he flat out sucks. Why would anyone want him here?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip View Post
    " I'll take a little less to come back here, than get more money and go to a crappy city."- Golden Tate.
    TRANSLATION: I'll go to Jacksonville for a million more.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Dont we have enough of these guys? What has he done that proves he can help the Jets? At best he's a #3, should we cut Kerley? You should want better for your team, instead you would rather be a wiseass.
    You find superstars in the draft, not in free agency. FA is to fill holes with players like golden tate.

    Would you rather have tate at $3 million per season, or superstar mike wallace at $15 million (which is his 2014 number). Because wallace had all of 9 more catches.

    Injuries are getting more and more common in the NFL and you need depth. Give me 3-4 WRs all of whom are good rather then paying one superstar (santonio holmes) and when he goes down you have zero depth.

    Tate has proved that in a run first offense, he can get open and make plays - averaging over 50 catches a season. Not sure what else we expect from a player unless we are gonna break the bank and give up a draft pick for fitz

  11. #11
    To answer your first question, I would rather have neither. I dont like either player. I liked Tate coming out of ND, but to me he has done nothing. Besides, we already have Kerley at the 3 spot, where does Tate fit? If he's your #2, you have issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    You find superstars in the draft, not in free agency. FA is to fill holes with players like golden tate.

    Would you rather have tate at $3 million per season, or superstar mike wallace at $15 million (which is his 2014 number). Because wallace had all of 9 more catches.

    Injuries are getting more and more common in the NFL and you need depth. Give me 3-4 WRs all of whom are good rather then paying one superstar (santonio holmes) and when he goes down you have zero depth.

    Tate has proved that in a run first offense, he can get open and make plays - averaging over 50 catches a season. Not sure what else we expect from a player unless we are gonna break the bank and give up a draft pick for fitz

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Apalachin
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    You find superstars in the draft, not in free agency. FA is to fill holes with players like golden tate.

    Would you rather have tate at $3 million per season, or superstar mike wallace at $15 million (which is his 2014 number). Because wallace had all of 9 more catches.

    Injuries are getting more and more common in the NFL and you need depth. Give me 3-4 WRs all of whom are good rather then paying one superstar (santonio holmes) and when he goes down you have zero depth.

    Tate has proved that in a run first offense, he can get open and make plays - averaging over 50 catches a season. Not sure what else we expect from a player unless we are gonna break the bank and give up a draft pick for fitz
    Fitz already restructured his deal to stay in Arizona. He's a hero there and isn't going anywhere.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,357
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    You find superstars in the draft, not in free agency. FA is to fill holes with players like golden tate.

    Would you rather have tate at $3 million per season, or superstar mike wallace at $15 million (which is his 2014 number). Because wallace had all of 9 more catches.

    Injuries are getting more and more common in the NFL and you need depth. Give me 3-4 WRs all of whom are good rather then paying one superstar (santonio holmes) and when he goes down you have zero depth.

    Tate has proved that in a run first offense, he can get open and make plays - averaging over 50 catches a season. Not sure what else we expect from a player unless we are gonna break the bank and give up a draft pick for fitz
    I'd take Tate at $3m per season, but I doubt he goes for that. We'll see what the market is but I'm guessing he gets closer to $6m per year. If the question is Tate for $6m/yr vs. Decker for $8-9m/yr, I'm not sure what the answer is.

  14. #14
    Guy is a scumbag for not coming here. **** him.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Tate is not a JAG he flat out sucks. Why would anyone want him here?
    No he doesn't, he's one of the fastest, most electrifying players in the game. What the hell are you talking about?

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,843
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsRad...SportsRadioKJR


    " I'll take a little less to come back here, than get more money and go to a crappy city."- Golden Tate
    He said it on some **** radio show.

    I personally think this guy is no where NEAR #1 receiver territory and it'd be a waste of time to bring him in. I feel like Wilson extends plays and gives Tate time to get open. Much rather have Decker (worth the money IMO), a rookie, and Kerley in the slot.

    But regardless, I know some of you are high on him. I don't see him leaving Seattle.
    So you're saying Tate is a product of his QB, and Decker isn't?

    LEL

  17. #17

    The Golden Taint probably staying.

    Have to agree with DD, bring In a Bolden.He is still serviceable and can work with the young receivers. Draft your talent and develop them in house. With Kerley and Nelson coming back and maybe a decent midlevel affordable player ( insert name ) we might be just as well off as opposed to paying some " big name " who disappoints ie Holmes. I would also consider resigning Homles to a one year incentive laden contract, if he would be willing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fltflo; 02-05-2014 at 12:02 PM.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Reek Is Alive View Post
    Guy is a scumbag for not coming here. **** him.
    Fantastic 9th post!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    To answer your first question, I would rather have neither. I dont like either player. I liked Tate coming out of ND, but to me he has done nothing. Besides, we already have Kerley at the 3 spot, where does Tate fit? If he's your #2, you have issues.
    What if marquise lee, kerley, tate and david nelson make up your top 4. With Garret Graham, CJ Fiederowicz (rookie TE from Iowa), and Sudfeld make up your TEs.

    Is that not a team with speed, ability and depth - all while not necessarily breaking the bank?

    Tate isnt perfect and neither is decker, that is why they are going to be available (to an extent based on price) to a team like the Jets. If they were taller, or faster, or better, their teams would have them locked up.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Fantastic 9th post!
    9th post?

    This is like his 9th account in the past 2 months.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us