Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Golden Taint probably staying.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Have to agree with DD, bring In a Bolden.He is still serviceable and can work with the young receivers. Draft your talent and develop them in house. With Kerley and Nelson coming back and maybe a decent midlevel affordable player ( insert name ) we might be just as well off as opposed to paying some " big name " who disappoints ie Holmes. I would also consider resigning Homles to a one year incentive laden contract, if he would be willing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why in the world would Boldin come to the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    JAG is such an overused term on this website, its as if people dont understand that there is a salary cap and that above average players, who actually contribute are valuable.
    Have to agree. To me, free-agency is about finding those mid-level players who were only average/mediocre on their previous team, and putting them into a situation where they are an above-average contributor on the new team. Or if you're lucky, they make the leap to "good."

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He's old. Maybe he's tired of playing 18+ games per season?

All Pro
    I honestly don't know why Tate is so hyped up on this board......

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I honestly don't know why Tate is so hyped up on this board......
    Because he's not Holmes, Hill, Gates etc. Just bring in somebody new, he's gotta be better than what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Reek Is Alive View Post
    No he doesn't, he's one of the fastest, most electrifying players in the game. What the hell are you talking about?
    Golden Tate? The guy from ND who hasnt done jack in the NFL. Yeah he is great. He is one of the biggest WR bust in the last decade IMO. Put him right up there with Bey IMO. I wouldnt trust him to catch a cold.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    To answer your first question, I would rather have neither. I dont like either player. I liked Tate coming out of ND, but to me he has done nothing. Besides, we already have Kerley at the 3 spot, where does Tate fit? If he's your #2, you have issues.
    From what I'm reading he'll be Seattle's #2 going into next year. I guess they have issues?

He was their leading receiver this year and yes their passing game has issues. The Jets are not the Seahawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    From what I'm reading he'll be Seattle's #2 going into next year. I guess they have issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Golden Tate? The guy from ND who hasnt done jack in the NFL. Yeah he is great. He is one of the biggest WR bust in the last decade IMO. Put him right up there with Bey IMO. I wouldnt trust him to catch a cold.
    "One of the biggest busts in the last decade" - You are one of the worst posters on this board, never let the facts get in the way of your "expert" opinions.

In 4 seasons Tate has 165 catchs 2195 yards and 15 tds after being the 60th pick in the draft

Seems like an atrocious pick to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ny jets boss View Post
    Sometimes I feel like you're just trolling us... how the hell is Golden Tate a bust, much less one of the biggest wr busts? Is he Megatron? No... is he elite, or great? No, but he's tough, productive, a good returner, and a good #2 imo.

Do i want to overpay for him, no, but at the right price I'd love to bring him in
    I wouldnt want him as our #4. He is not a starter in this league and was drafted to be one. Last I checked that is a bust. His play is very bad. What you want him to be a bench warmer for some 6th round draft pick here. You have to be kidding me. Say no to guys like Tate. He is not an upgrade in any way shape or form. Hoping he starts playing good isnt any different then hoping Holmes plays better next year IMO. Move on from guys that have shown they cant get the job done.

"One of the biggest busts in the last decade" - You are one of the worst posters on this board, never let the facts get in the way of your "expert" opinions.

In 4 seasons Tate has 165 catchs 2195 yards and 15 tds after being the 60th pick in the draft

Seems like an atrocious pick to me.
    Yes and has had more playing time the our ENTIRE WR core. Sometime I wonnder if some of you even watch football at all. This guy cant play.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Good point. I just think the other guys would never live up to the expectations and we would have to overpay b.c they know we have such a need.

Yes and has had more playing time the our ENTIRE WR core. Sometime I wonnder if some of you even watch football at all. This guy cant play.
    His 60 catches in a run first offense and SB ring probably say differently

wow omg some jag has a sb ring for sitting on the bench call David Carr he has competition

wow omg some jag has a sb ring for sitting on the bench call David Carr he has competition
    Must be a damn miracle that he was the leading receiver on a team that was the #1 seed and SB champs. Bench warmer all the way

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    So you're saying Tate is a product of his QB, and Decker isn't?

LEL
    Yeah. Decker was still better than our wr's with Tebow throwing to him. Not to mention Peyton gets rid of the ball faster than almost any QB so Decker has to get open much faster than Tate.

I don't think Decker is a top 5 WR in the league but he's certainly better than Tate and he would be a number one wr on the Jets.

They REALLY didn't have anyone else to throw to either. I don't hate Tate, but he's a lower end #2 and a great #3 WR. Depending on his price I'd still sign him. We'll see if he really means it when he says he'll take less to pay in Seattle. That would mean we'd have to really overpay him, and if that's the case no way do I want him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    They REALLY didn't have anyone else to throw to either. I don't hate Tate, but he's a lower end #2 and a great #3 WR. Depending on his price I'd still sign him. We'll see if he really means it when he says he'll take less to pay in Seattle. That would mean we'd have to really overpay him, and if that's the case no way do I want him here.
    I dont even like tate very much and I certainly dont think he is an upper echelon player, but to say he is a bust is absurd. There is a price where he is an excellent signing for us and that is indisputable

I dont even like tate very much and I certainly dont think he is an upper echelon player, but to say he is a bust is absurd. There is a price where he is an excellent signing for us and that is indisputable
    He was a high draft pick that hasnt looked good at all. Had had what 14 yards and was the 4th best WR in Seattle at the SB. Would have been 5th had Rice been healthy. He is going to be let go because he hasnt produced. This is not a guy who is going to be making 5-6 mil a year and if Seattle tought he was better then Baldwin they would resign him. Seattle has force started him for 4 years now and he doesnt look any good. He hasnt looked any better then Bey, Massaquoi, or Mike Sims-Walker when they started. I'm not sure what anyone sees in him at all at this point. He wouldnt be an upgrade for us at all just anther guy to rotate like Walker was. He was out played by 3 other Seattle WR in the SB and played more then any of them in the game. He is a bust IMO because he is bench warmer talent and was drafted to be a play maker. Dont see where it is absurd at all to call him a bust.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't think Tate is a bust, but I'm not sure he would even be in the Top 5 of receivers I'd look to sign in the offseason.

Decker, Maclin, Cooper, James Jones, Emmanuel Sanders and Brandon LaFell are all guys I would take before him.

You could probably add Andre Roberts to that list as well.