Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sochi, Russia - Dangerous Face Water?

Sochi, Russia - Dangerous Face Water?

While Sochi is nice in many regards (before they started preparing for the Olympics), Russia hasn't really taken care of the essentials for guests. They still haven't finished building out everything the need. While this is normal for many Olympics held all over the place (not finishing until last minute), the finished hotels still aren't finished.

Check out the tweet and picture by this lady:

Stacy St. Clair @StacyStClair

My hotel has no water. If restored, the front desk says, "do not use on your face because it contains something very dangerous." #Sochi2014
    10:02 PM - 3 Feb 2014 from Адлер, Sotji, Russia
    And then she tweeted this picture saying "at least I know what dangerous face water looks like".

Russia's the best. Here's an article on it.

Article on hotels in Russia

LOL

Bruce Arthur ✔ @bruce_arthur
    Menu item my 1st night in Sochi or I'm really out of it. pic.twitter.com/pyVx2hszph

BfpeBl-CQAAnwbW.jpg

By BRIAN COSTA

During an episode of “Breaking Bad,” Walter White memorably declared, “I am the one who knocks.” During my first night in Sochi, I got a visit from the one who doesn’t.

The only sound I heard was a key going into the lock and, at around 4 a.m. Wednesday, the door to my hotel room opening. Half asleep, I looked up and saw the light shining in from the hall. But by the time I sat up to see who was there, the door had been shut again. The one who doesn’t knock scurried away without uttering a word.

Do housekeepers work graveyard shifts here? Was it a construction worker, assuming something wasn’t quite finished in the room? Who else would both have a key and be using it at 4 a.m.?

In Sochi, those are questions better left unasked. Or at the very least, they will remain unanswered. I tried calling the front desk, but the phone didn’t work. And really, given the much more serious hotel issues others have experienced, I wasn’t about to complain.

I dozed off again until around 5 a.m., when the sound of stray dogs barking began to echo outside, like a tree filled with birds singing just before sunrise, albeit less soothing. Stray dogs are part of the scene in Sochi, roaming the streets and occasionally chasing after pedestrians.

Giving up on sleep, I decided to walk down the hall and take the elevator five floors down to grab breakfast. Inside, a sign listed “elevator user rules” that included a ban on “explosive, inflammable and toxic substances in non-factory packaging.” Fortunately, all my toxic substances were properly packaged. At the end of the list, this message appeared in bold red letters: “Please REMEMBER: Elevator is the equipment of increased danger!”

Suddenly, the one who doesn’t knock didn’t seem so dangerous.
    http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2014/0...e-sochi-night/

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    While Sochi is nice in many regards (before they started preparing for the Olympics), Russia hasn't really taken care of the essentials for guests. They still haven't finished building out everything the need. While this is normal for many Olympics held all over the place (not finishing until last minute), the finished hotels still aren't finished.

And then she tweeted this picture saying "at least I know what dangerous face water looks like".

Is that a Russian IPA (I Peed Ale)?

BfpHw6JIcAAdZzj.jpg
    Kevin Bishop @bishopk

The reception of our hotel in #Sochi has no floor. But it does have this welcoming picture.
    11:12 AM - 4 Feb 2014 from Адлер, Sotji, Russia

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...l-experiences/

Greg Wyshynski ✔ @wyshynski

People have asked me what surprised me the most here in Sochi. It's this. Without question ... it's ... THIS.
    11:06 AM - 4 Feb 2014
    BfpGUmiCIAA6ty2.jpg

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

its yellow cake oil. radioactive and whatnot. not good for the face.

Jets Insider VIP

Ugh, Comic Sans font?

Things must be really bad over there.

Jets Insider VIP
    What a sh*thole

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I love the comment in one of the articles about this. They named the can the PooTin.

Hopefully there is no relationship between the "cakes in a$s" on the menu and the fact that they are collecting poop-encrusted toilet paper.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Crippling snowstorm and power outtage > covering the Olympics in Sochi

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    I love the comment in one of the articles about this. They named the can the PooTin.

LMFAO, brilliant

Jets Insider VIP
    This is great. As if the Olympics wasn't allready the biggest farce in sports.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    And apparently the toilet paper feels like an iron curtain.

Superpower.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The honey is so fresh, there are still bees trapped in it!

@mattgutmanABC Bees in your honey, beer colored water, no flush toilets and the buzz abt #Sochi yuck factor today on @GMA pic.twitter.com/CvztMrEHRE
    BftJDCnIIAAcoJe.jpg

Seriously, this is going to be an international humiliation for Putin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I wonder which cities lost out to Sochi to host these Olympics. I can only think of a couple....

1. Chernobyl
    2. Detroit
    3. Atlantis
    4. Gary, IN
    5. Auschwitz

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I wonder which cities lost out to Sochi to host these Olympics. I can only think of a couple....

1. Chernobyl
    2. Detroit
    3. Atlantis
    4. Gary, IN
    5. Auschwitz

Hahahahahaahaahhahahahahha .... LMFAO ... You sick twisted b*$tard!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

1. Chernobyl
    2. Detroit
    3. Atlantis
    4. Gary, IN
    5. Auschwitz
    LMAO