Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sochi, Russia - Dangerous Face Water?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    He's been afraid to ride now for a while. It's no secret.
    What time is your run Ace?

These mooks wouldn't have a sport to make a living in without White. He put it on the map. Has 2 Olympic Golds and the most X games medal ever.

Yeah he's afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What time is your run Ace?

These mooks wouldn't have a sport to make a living in without White. He put it on the map. Has 2 Olympic Golds and the most X games medal ever.

Yeah he's afraid.
    He can ride halfpipe... He better man up and stick the triple he's been afraid to do. No pillow to land in this time. Nobody else punked out of slope now did they?

Nobody else punked out of slope now did they?
    No one else was going for their 3rd straight gold medal in another event nursing a bad ankle.
    Last edited by FF2; 02-08-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

He's been afraid to ride now for a while. It's no secret.
    Meh...even if its true, watch the documentary on Kevin Pierce. Its an eye-opener ( I think Sarah Burke died during the documentary?...they all knew eachother) and I cant help but think it got into White's head.

Shawn's already done it all, the sport has reached critical mass as far as pushing boundaries, there's NO margin for error and thats sad for these beautiful young kids.

All League
    Let me star by saying I'm old. I still snowboard everyday, and I used to do all the slope style stuff. Of course back in 95 the biggest jump was 35 foot, and pipes just started getting cut by a dragon. Now they have 100 ft gaps.

We have a Olympic qualifier this year and the pipe and park are sooo big it's scary, forget the fact it's man made snow and it's like falling 4 stories on concrete. What happened to Kevin and Sara has to be in Most riders heads. It used to be 720 with style, now it's all gymnastic 1440 triples!,!!! But that's how's they get judged.

The majority of the snowboard community despises White, hence the hate tweets. He stole the yolk flip from iPod. He's been riding hurt since November, but he will stomp it and win gold. Now, more beer!

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

No one else was going for their 3rd straight gold medal in another event nursing a bad ankle.
    The point is he should have never wasted the team spot for the Slope Style.
    He wanted to compete in the first event but he chickened out. (and he's lucky USA got the gold anyways)
    Obviously he was afraid because he wants to get the 3rd gold... And I am rooting for him to get it, but it was a b**ch move, no way around it.
    He's shaken though, I'm telling you.
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 02-10-2014 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Meh...even if its true, watch the documentary on Kevin Pierce. Its an eye-opener ( I think Sarah Burke died during the documentary?...they all knew eachother) and I cant help but think it got into White's head.

Shawn's already done it all, the sport has reached critical mass as far as pushing boundaries, there's NO margin for error and thats sad for these beautiful young kids.
    That probably has a lot to do with it I'm sure. That and his previous injury.
    He's all about the $$ now, not that I blame him, what's his empire worth like 30M a year?
    He's lost his drive, and his balls.
    He is the Lars Ulrich of Snowboarding.

Shaun White may be a good gymnast but he wouldn't dare hang with these dudes.
    If you've never seen this whole film you have no idea what you're missing. Beastly sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Hey what are you doing there exactly?
    I know one might not be inclined to give much personal info away, just curious.
    Hey Fish,
    can't say too much for now as the 1OC are really strict about stuff during game time but I'm involved in the coverage of the games.I got some great kit to play with and get to go to some cool places.Extremely busy though and long days.Wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now.

Shaun White may be a good gymnast but he wouldn't dare hang with these dudes.
    If you've never seen this whole film you have no idea what you're missing. Beastly sh*t

Saw this before and the production value going into these films is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Saw this before and the production value going into these films is stunning.
    I would love to work on one of these crews that do sh*t like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    So you're not a closet commie but you are highly biased by having probably spent weeks/months preparing for Sochi... Sorry to get your knickers in a twist buddy but when you want to defend a corrupt government that allegedly spent billions to build and prepare, you'd figure there'd be less evidence that those billions weren't tucked under someones mattress...
    Where did you see me 'defend a corrupt government?'....and you think only Russians do corruption?

there's no allegedly about it,they spent billions and no doubt most of it greased the pole but what does that have to do with ordinary Russians?

if anyone has their panties in a bunch it looks like you and your Cold War insecurity complex might be the winner here...hate to tell you this but most of the world has grown up and moved on without you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    pics or it didn't happen

lol....there's actually a good reason why I can't but I'll see what I can do

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    The Atlanta Games were "an embarrassment and the worst Olympics ever"? You mean, like, aside from that one time when the Israeli team got murdered.....right? Right?

Or how about the time L.A. threw an Olympics and nobody showed up?

Or the one when Moscow had an Olympics and, well, nobody showed up.

You mean after those, right?

Or, hey, remember the time ADOLPH HITLER hosted the olympics......

Tool.
    You are going back entire generations with those games whereas Atlanta is not even 20 years ago so among the modern Olympics absolutely and the modern games of the last 25 yearsis all you can really compare.I talk to people who experienced games as far back as Barcelona but there are much fewer that were in Seoul and even less who remember LA and Moscow never mind Munich....I doubt anyone is alive who was in Berlin.....Totally different times and expectations.

trust me among those who have been around the games since the 90's Atlanta is the one that for numerous reasons people recall with little joy....sorry if that upsets you.

to make you feel better I'll redo the list

1)the games where the Israels got murdered
    2)the games Adolf Hitler hosted
    3)=The two games nobody showed up for
    4)Atlanta

happy now?