Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cromartie says NFL should allow marijuana: "We're just going to do it anyway."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Cromartie says NFL should allow marijuana: "We're just going to do it anyway."

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    He needs his own reality show.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    He needs his own reality show.
    Kind of like a Brady Bunch spin off?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking more like "Jon & Kate Plus 8"..... Plus Cro, minus Jon and Kate, plus about four more kids!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy is a jackass and his play fell off dramatically last season. He'll also be 30 years old at the start of the season and has always relied primarily on athleticism in the first place.

Can someone explain why so many are so gung-ho on bringing him back?

I'd rather just let him go and use a chunk of the $10 million that we save to sign a guy like Sam Shields, Captain Munnerlyn or Alterraun Verner.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The guy is a jackass and his play fell off dramatically last season. He'll also be 30 years old at the start of the season and has always relied primarily on athleticism in the first place.

I'd rather just let him go and use a chunk of the $10 million that we save to sign a guy like Sam Shields, Captain Munnerlyn or Alterraun Verner.
    HOw's he been a jackass - for the most I think he's been decent player\teammate for the Jets - wasn't he in the Pro Bowl this year?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good time to bring this to the forefront.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    HOw's he been a jackass - for the most I think he's been decent player\teammate for the Jets - wasn't he in the Pro Bowl this year?
    Cromartie making the pro-bowl this year just further strengthens the argument that the pro-bowl is a joke.

Hell, just based on the last 3 weeks of the season, Milliner was more deserving of the pro-bowl than Cromartie.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    He had the worst year of his career this year. The fact that he was in the Pro Bowl is a great example of how ****ty the Pro Bowl is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree with Cromartie. Time to treat marijuana as something that can be used responsibly by adults. It's safer than alcohol.

Having said that, with him up for a new contract, probably not the best time to say "WE" will continue to use it. "THEY" would've been better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

He was playing hurt the whole year. Thats probably an explanation on why his play suffered.The only guy on your list better than Cro is Verner, and the Titans aren't going to let him walk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even though I agree with legalizing the weed...he should've kept his mouth shut. Which he hardly ever does. Making himself a DEA target is what he just did. You know...follow Cro...and he will lead you to a seller. If not...just bust him anyways.

I believe California has legalized recreational pot use. With pot shops sprouting up. Washington is another state that will soon allow folks to get high. But not here in NY-NJ...or in the NFL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    I totally agree with Cromartie. Time to treat marijuana as something that can be used responsibly by adults. It's safer than alcohol.

Having said that, with him up for a new contract, probably not the best time to say "WE" will continue to use it. "THEY" would've been better.
    Team doctors are prescribing pain meds, etc, etc, which are far more addictive, but god forbid if an athlete during the off season smokes a little pot. Hypocrisy!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He was playing hurt the whole year. Thats probably an explanation on why his play suffered.The only guy on your list better than Cro is Verner, and the Titans aren't going to let him walk.
    I'm tired of the excuse that he was hurt the entire year.

It couldn't have been that serious if he didn't require surgery and he has already publicly stated that he's 100% healthy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Team doctors are prescribing pain meds, etc, etc, which are far more addictive, but god forbid if an athlete during the off season smokes a little pot. Hypocrisy!!!
    It doesn't matter if you think weed should be legal. I happen to think it should be legal as well.

But it's not. Period.

And you seriously f*ck yourself and your team over if you get caught using it. And this retard just all but said that he does smoke.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

It couldn't have been that serious if he didn't require surgery and he has already publicly stated that he's 100% healthy.
    I'm not buying the injury excuse either. If he was hurt so badly I doubt they would of let him return KO's toward the end of the season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been a forum guy at JI for a year now. Your far to smart, to believe that it was just an excuse. Alot of the color analysts talked about how much more of a cushion he was giving receivers at the line. He couldn't turn his hips, had no closing speed, because he was hurt.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always better to get rid of a guy a year early than a year late.Cro isnt worth 10 mil a year at this point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter if you think weed should be legal. I happen to think it should be legal as well.

But it's not. Period.

And you seriously f*ck yourself and your team over if you get caught using it. And this retard just all but said that he does smoke.
    Thats his problem. I doubt the feds are gonna make fools out themselves by trying to catch Cromartie with a dime bag. He stated what everybodys known for years, before all these changes in the law. How many roll asnother one Santonio jokes have been made on this forum since we traded for him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Jet fan View Post
    Always better to get rid of a guy a year early than a year late.Cro isnt worth 10 mil a year at this point.
    Were not going to pay him that kind of money, and nobody else is neither.