Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 99

Thread: Cromartie says NFL should allow marijuana: "We're just going to do it anyway."

  1. #41
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing, guy comes out and plays every week, yes his play was below what was expected, but the guy toughed it out and went. If he didn't play like certain WR's you all would be crying about what a wuss he is. The guy has been a model citizen since signing with us and many of you wrote like he has been nothing but trouble.
    I would certainly consider resigning him to a more cap friendly deal for 2 years while the younger guys develop.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I agree. He's been one of the leaders on the defensive side of the ball. His play regressed this year (injury, getting older, etc.).

    I'm still on the fence whether he should have said anything about marijuana or not. I don't care if you smoke it, but I don't want my kid exposed to it. Stupid, I know - I don't think it's as bad as cigarettes or alcohol, and I don't use it, but I don't want my kid to look to it now.
    The interviewer asked, and he answered. I think he answered honestly, and based what he said later probably doesn't care all that much about marijuana at all. I actually wonder if Cromartie simply didn't realize that this is still such a big issue. He's a football player, he probably mostly hangs out with other football players who have a fairly similar view on the subject.

    It's like anyone who works in a specialized field; be it Science, Music, Finance, or whatever. People get immersed in their own culture and lives and sometimes their personal norm is quite different than the public at large.
    There are good reasons for the Jets to trim Cromartie, and there are good reasons for the Jets to redo his contract and keep Cromartie. But his answer about marijuana should not be a factor. It was an off-the-cuff reponse to an issue that he probably doesn't even see as particularly controversial.

  3. #43
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The interviewer asked, and he answered. I think he answered honestly, and based what he said later probably doesn't care all that much about marijuana at all. I actually wonder if Cromartie simply didn't realize that this is still such a big issue. He's a football player, he probably mostly hangs out with other football players who have a fairly similar view on the subject.

    It's like anyone who works in a specialized field; be it Science, Music, Finance, or whatever. People get immersed in their own culture and lives and sometimes their personal norm is quite different than the public at large.
    There are good reasons for the Jets to trim Cromartie, and there are good reasons for the Jets to redo his contract and keep Cromartie. But his answer about marijuana should not be a factor. It was an off-the-cuff reponse to an issue that he probably doesn't even see as particularly controversial.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and think he's been a good NY Jet, and I'm not sure it's a big deal or not yet. Couple this with the texts sent between Incognito and Martin about Pouncey's house with the drugs and there's a trend developing. I think there are ways to answer these questions, and what he said opens the door for follow up questions that are more controversial (luckily not in this case). Not that big a deal right now, it's not getting big media play - but so kids don't see it, and I'm not sure how I feel about that part of yet.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Even though I agree with legalizing the weed...he should've kept his mouth shut. Which he hardly ever does. Making himself a DEA target is what he just did. You know...follow Cro...and he will lead you to a seller. If not...just bust him anyways.

    I believe California has legalized recreational pot use. With pot shops sprouting up. Washington is another state that will soon allow folks to get high. But not here in NY-NJ...or in the NFL.
    It's kinda funny that you posted such a clueless, brainwashed "opinion" of this at exactly 4:20...
    Unfortunately I'd bet that you are serious.

  5. #45
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh a little Pot comment? So what?

    Cromartie seems to be high character guy and has proven his work ethic and showed results when it counted (revis injury). He's matured. Self Development is a staple in any good leader. At the price he'll garnish he'd be worth every penny (in this defense) based on his performance last year which we all know was a hurt year unless A) You've never watched Cro play B) You have some sort of dementia

    We've seen Cro grade out as a Top Corner time and time again. Why would we want to open another hole on the roster? We know how important CBs are and how hard they are to find as well. You can still develop DBs in the meantime which is exactly what the Jets need to and will do. Cro didn't have much of a supporting cast this year either.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    Oh a little Pot comment? So what?

    Cromartie seems to be high character guy and has proven his work ethic and showed results when it counted (revis injury). He's matured. Self Development is a staple in any good leader. At the price he'll garnish he'd be worth every penny (in this defense) based on his performance last year which we all know was a hurt year unless A) You've never watched Cro play B) You have some sort of dementia

    We've seen Cro grade out as a Top Corner time and time again. Why would we want to open another hole on the roster? We know how important CBs are and how hard they are to find as well. You can still develop DBs in the meantime which is exactly what the Jets need to and will do. Cro didn't have much of a supporting cast this year either.
    It's funny to think of Cromartie has a "high character guy", because a huge part of the reason the Jets were able to trade for him is because of non-football issues. But the truth is, Cromartie is a great example of why you take a risk on a guy with character concerns.

    He really has been a great teammate, citizen, and honestly (with the excpetion of 2013) a damn good football player. If he was drafted by the Jets and played since a rookie, he's the kind of guy you'd want to keep and retire as a Jet. But, in the end, it'll come down to money. He's probably worth the risk at about $6m/year with $10m guaranteed (since $6m would be the first year salary anyhow), more than that, I don't know. He sounds like the kind of guy who would take a "hometown discount" to stay a Jet, but he's 30 and coming off his worst season in the league. I'm a firm believer it's due to injury, but there's no guarantee he makes it 100% back, plus he was a guy who relied on his athleticism. Without Cromartie, the Jets are in dire need a of solid CB, but I wouldn't think the Jets would give him more than top 15 CB money

  7. #47
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well he never was a Mensa member...

  8. #48
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AirStrike View Post
    Oh give me a break, pull the race card some more you pathetic, ignorant human being. People like you an embarrassment to society.

    And it's called "paraphrasing." If you graduated high school you would know what that means.
    Let's be honest here. You purposely misquoted him to make it look like he was backtracking when he was actually correcting a wrong quote. You said that he said he "meant" to say something when he never once said the word "meant" in his tweets. You tried to make him look dumb by lying. What you just did is exactly what the press has been doing to the Jets for the past 3 years. Editing quotes for an effect. Thanks for the personal attack though. Nice 14th post.

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Players in Seattle and Denver should be allowed to smoke weed

  10. #50
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Even though I agree with legalizing the weed...he should've kept his mouth shut. Which he hardly ever does. Making himself a DEA target is what he just did. You know...follow Cro...and he will lead you to a seller. If not...just bust him anyways.

    I believe California has legalized recreational pot use. With pot shops sprouting up. Washington is another state that will soon allow folks to get high. But not here in NY-NJ...or in the NFL.
    The players union will protect the player. Obama, several states, who else? They all say they could care less about the bud.


    However, the Feds will BURY anybody if Trafficking laws are flaunted. With so much bud coming down from the north counties, a few set up their living rooms as social clubs. They are in jail, or in $$ trouble with Republic of Berkeley.

  11. #51
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Players in Seattle and Denver should be allowed to smoke weed
    Constitutional rights?


    Hmmm?

  12. #52
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    Okay Cheech

    Bottom line: It's currently illegal and if we bring back Cromartie and he fails a piss test, he's suspended for 4 games minimum.
    Illegal where?

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Players in Seattle and Denver should be allowed to smoke weed
    yes they should!
    And visiting teams should be allowed to as well.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    It's kinda funny that you posted such a clueless, brainwashed "opinion" of this at exactly 4:20...
    Unfortunately I'd bet that you are serious.
    Hey man...I hope I'm not serious...and just paranoid from experience. Believe me...I'm in love with Mary Jane.

    http://www.illuminati-news.com/marijuana-conspiracy.htm
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 02-06-2014 at 01:32 AM.

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Hey man...I hope I'm not serious...and just paranoid from experience. Believe me...I'm in love with Mary Jane.

    http://www.illuminati-news.com/marijuana-conspiracy.htm
    I must have misunderstood what you were saying.
    I read it like some Reefer Madness propaganda, haha

  16. #56
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,496
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Illegal where?
    Basically everywhere in this country outside of California, Colorado, and Washington state.

    Or did some sh*t go down in that last few hours that I'm totally unaware of?

    Like I said, I'm all for legalizing weed.

    But until then, it's still a banned substance and a professional athlete just saying this out of the blue is retarded.

  17. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    at least Cro isn't a crack head and rapist like the giants LT

  18. #58
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Cro has every right to address it, but how he addresses it is completely retarded, oh hold on, mentally challenged. "We are goofing to do it anyway". These "could" be the very words that does not get him renegotiated and drops his value. Personally I agree, at this point we do need to find a way to make pot legal, but I am unsure an active football player about to be cut and going for a contract should be the one to advocate it so openly, especially in such a defying way by almost daring the NFL to piss test him everyday. I just think he should have chosen a different set of words to use to get his point across.

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    I just think he should have chosen a different set of words to use to get his point across.
    Supposedly he didn't actually say it as quoted in the OP... I don't know, I actually think it's more a big deal that there are really people in this thread who act like DEA agents about to go on unemployment!
    And I bet they spout "freedom" and "bravery" constantly.

    Anyways, it sounds like Cro never actually said "We're" gonna do it anyways.

  20. #60
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Amazing, guy comes out and plays every week, yes his play was below what was expected, but the guy toughed it out and went. If he didn't play like certain WR's you all would be crying about what a wuss he is. The guy has been a model citizen since signing with us and many of you wrote like he has been nothing but trouble.
    I would certainly consider resigning him to a more cap friendly deal for 2 years while the younger guys develop.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Every Jets fan has been spoiled by Revis. QBs are routinely putting up 400 yard games. QBs are putting up 4k passing on a bad year. While Cro was not good this past year, he is entitled to an off year. Assuming he is healthy and we can get him back for cheap its a NO BRAINER.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us