Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cromartie says NFL should allow marijuana: "We're just going to do it anyway."

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Basically everywhere in this country outside of California, Colorado, and Washington state.

Or did some sh*t go down in that last few hours that I'm totally unaware of?

Like I said, I'm all for legalizing weed.

But until then, it's still a banned substance and a professional athlete just saying this out of the blue is retarded.
    Man get your **** together.

This issue of personal use is being left to the states, while the Feds are watching product movement. Take a look online at what's happening there in ol virginny.

Personal use...trafficking. A sliding scale of "illegality"? Anyway, tell me what's truly "illegal".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Man get your **** together.

This issue of personal use is being left to the states, while the Feds are watching product movement. Take a look online at what's happening there in ol virginny.

Personal use...trafficking. A sliding scale of "illegality"? Anyway, tell me what's truly "illegal".

LOL

Can I walk into a bar right now and pack up a bowl?

Can I walk down the street right now with an ounce in my hand without getting arrested?

Can I get stoned right now, fail a piss test at work tomorrow, and keep my job?

Yeah, it's illegal cupcake.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL

Can I walk into a bar right now and pack up a bowl? In some bars, yes.

Can I walk down the street right now with an ounce in my hand without getting arrested? In several states, YES.

Can I get stoned right now, fail a piss test at work tomorrow, and keep my job? In many fields, YES.

Yeah, it's illegal cupcake. People who think like this often have much to hide. What are you hiding?

LOL

Can I walk into a bar right now and pack up a bowl?

Can I walk down the street right now with an ounce in my hand without getting arrested?

Can I get stoned right now, fail a piss test at work tomorrow, and keep my job?

Yeah, it's illegal cupcake.
    Again, the NFL, and NBA, don't even pay attention to positive results for pot. If they did, 200 players every year would be serving suspensions.

Companies, like the NFL, have every right to ban players if they use any substance that they deem shouldn't be part of the game. Any employer that sets the ground rules before you take the job has every right to do whatever they want if you violate the terms of your agreement.

Having said that - what you do on your time is your business, as long as it does not affect other people (i.e. drunk driving, etc.). Marijuana is illegal in most places, and until that changes that is what it is. Violate that and you're out.

I personally, do not care who uses it, just keep it away from my kid. And if my kid chooses to use it, I'll deal with that later, but I don't want it around, just like alcohol around her, cigarettes, etc. But that's just my house and my family.

And for the record, I don't think marijuana is as bad as let's say alcohol, cigarettes, or chemical drugs (heroin, cocaine, meth).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Companies, like the NFL, have every right to ban players if they use any substance that they deem shouldn't be part of the game. Any employer that sets the ground rules before you take the job has every right to do whatever they want if you violate the terms of your agreement.

Having said that - what you do on your time is your business, as long as it does not affect other people (i.e. drunk driving, etc.). Marijuana is illegal in most places, and until that changes that is what it is. Violate that and you're out.

I personally, do not care who uses it, just keep it away from my kid. And if my kid chooses to use it, I'll deal with that later, but I don't want it around, just like alcohol around her, cigarettes, etc. But that's just my house and my family.

And for the record, I don't think marijuana is as bad as let's say alcohol, cigarettes, or chemical drugs (heroin, cocaine, meth).
    Pretty much this

I'm all for legalizing weed, but until then, it's still a controlled substance and it's nothing short of retarded for any professional athlete to say what Cromartie said.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I agree with this. Cromartie is a highly paid employee of a giant corporation. He has to do what they tell him do to, same as any other employee in any other field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much this

I'm all for legalizing weed, but until then, it's still a controlled substance and it's nothing short of retarded for any professional athlete to say what Cromartie said.
    Hes stating what has been common knowledge for years. Get your head out of the sand.

Pretty much this

yeah, I love Cro, but I'm wavering on whether what he said was worth mentioning or not.

I'm more conservative than liberal, but I like to keep things inside your house. Do what you want. Smoke up, etc. The illegal stuff comes with added baggage, but along with that are less law intrusive things like alcohol, smoking, etc., and that's on you.

But certain people shouldn't be allowed to use this stuff. Identifying who those people are is the hardest. I think smoking pot is fine, personally (I don't do it, don't like the smell, etc.). Don't do it and blow it in my face. It's like a lot of controversial stuff. Don't yell at me for not liking it. Until the law says otherwise you're doing something legal or illegal.

Be ready to deal with the consequences of your actions should they bite you in the ass, and don't whine like a ***** if you get caught.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Hes stating what has been common knowledge for years. Get your head out of the sand.
    How the hell are you not getting this?

I think it's stupid that marijuana is illegal to begin with.

But it's still a banned substance. If I went up to my superiors at work and just said to them out of the blue "Yeah, I think it's stupid that weed is illegal. Why not just let the employees smoke? We're going to do it anyways".

I guarantee I'd be taking a random piss test within the week.

How the hell are you not getting this?

I think it's stupid that marijuana is illegal to begin with.

But it's still a banned substance. If I went up to my superiors at work and just said to them out of the blue "Yeah, I think it's stupid that weed is illegal. Why not just let the employees smoke? We're going to do it anyways".

I guarantee I'd be taking a random piss test within the week.
    The NBA and NFL know most of the players are smoking pot. Publically they say one thing, but they for years have been looking the other way, when results come in positive. They might tell the labs not to report Cannibus results. Read this article, think the NFL is any differenthttp://www.nytimes.com/1997/10/26/sports/marijuana-and-pro-basketball-a-special-report-nba-s-uncontrolled-substance.html

Hall Of Fame
    I spent some time at Chris Weber's house... He and his friends chief the DANK DANK. Lots of it.
    Dude is ALWAYS blazed. Nice guy.

The NBA and NFL know most of the players are smoking pot. Publically they say one thing, but they for years have been looking the other way, when results come in positive. They might tell the labs not to report Cannibus results. Read this article, think the NFL is any differenthttp://www.nytimes.com/1997/10/26/sports/marijuana-and-pro-basketball-a-special-report-nba-s-uncontrolled-substance.html
    The problem with this cover up is that it is a third party that does the testing.

Is that third party willing to publicly lie, or conceal the truth to help the NFL/NBA?

Rookie
    You guys have been listening to the Michael Kay show. Cro said THEY not WE! When asked to clarify what he said He said " I said they would do it anyway, I don't smoke" This is another case of media running away with a half truth and not even bothering to listen to the interview like I did. They heard the Kay show then started flying away the bullcrap. No wonder most of the players hated the media while they are still playing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    So why does a guy like Kellen Winslow have to sneak around smoking stupid sh*t like "Spice", which no one even knows what is actually in that crap?

Why the hell did that guy on the Vikings some years back have to go to the lengths of getting a fake piss apparatus?

So they can pass a urine screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I spent some time at Chris Weber's house... He and his friends chief the DANK DANK. Lots of it.
    Dude is ALWAYS blazed. Nice guy.
    Best part is that you could always tell the guy was high. Even on the court.

The problem with this cover up is that it is a third party that does the testing.

Is that third party willing to publicly lie, or conceal the truth to help the NFL/NBA?
    The facts are half the players or more are getting high and have been for years. I don't know if the labs are not testing for pot, as per the request of the league, or the leagues bury the results.It's obvious the're not enforcing the policy, because if they were half of the players in the league would be serving suspensions. Both leagues would crumble and lose millions

So why does a guy like Kellen Winslow have to sneak around smoking stupid sh*t like "Spice", which no one even knows what is actually in that crap?

Why the hell did that guy on the Vikings some years back have to go to the lengths of getting a fake piss apparatus?

Did we ever know for sure why Winslow was using the fake stuff? It could be that he is just a moron looking for a new high like Hoffman.

I have no idea Untouchable. What we do know is a lot of players are smoking on a regular basis, and not getting suspended. Including our soon to be released, santonio holmes. Ya think that guy's been clean for the last 5 years.LOL

+1

I'd also add that there are countless prescription pills that are more harmful to your body that marijuana.

What is interesting is that it's safe to assume that Cromartie probably likes to light blunts, but even though marijuana lowers male fertility, he's managed to have 12 different children with 9 different women. He may need to smoke more if he refuses to use condoms and continues to have unprotected sex with whores and sluts.