Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dee Milliner is Kyle Wilson 2.0

Dee Milliner is Kyle Wilson 2.0

I look at a guy like Darqueze Dennard and see a vastly superior prospect. What I cant stand about Dee Milliners game is its lack of physicality. He refuses to jam receivers and is a terrible tackler. Worse yet Dee is injury prone. He really does need to get in the weight room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You obviously missed the last 3 games of the season then?

Oh that's right, he's another bust because he did not win DROY and play like Sheldon from week 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    You obviously missed the last 3 games of the season then?

Oh that's right, he's another bust because he did not win DROY and play like Sheldon from week 1!
    To be fair in the last three games opposing Qbs did miss wide open Wr deep who Dee Milliner was covering .( don't know if you can make a living as a CB ,counting on that to happen too often)

Now Cb is one of the toughest position coming from college to the Nfl. ( things they let you get away with in college, are penalties in the Nfl). So you can never judge a Cb especially his rookie year in the league. Let's see how he performs with a year under his belt, as this is the year we should see a big improvement .
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-06-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    To be fair in the last three games opposing Qbs did miss wide open Wr deep who Dee Milliner was covering .( don't know if you can make a living as a CB ,counting on that to happen too often)

Now Cb is one of the toughest position coming from colle

Dee never had a full offseason program and had to recover from surgery early in the season, however he faired well against Gordon and Wallace and had 3 picks, he started to look like a top ten pick late on.

He certainly faired better than DJ Hayden who you selected ahead of Sheldon

Can't you ever just give anyone a bit of credit? I know you're bitter you got your nose blooded at MetLife, but come on he turned a corner late in the season.
    Last edited by Harrier; 02-06-2014 at 01:18 AM.

All League
    dump

Dee never had a full offseason program and had to recover from surgery early in the season, however he faired well against Gordon and Wallace and had 3 picks, he started to look like a top ten pick late on.

He certainly faired better than DJ Hayden who you selected ahead of Sheldon

Can't you ever just give anyone a bit of credit? I know you're bitter you got your nose blooded at MetLife, but come on he turned a corner late in the season.
    What did I say was incorrect. you want me to list the plays I was referring too where he was burned bad deep , but Qb missed it. ( last three games). Again it wasn't a negative post about Dee Milliner , who I say you can't judge a Cb his first year in the league.

Just like you can't say he a starting caliber Cb at this point,( like with Geno when you been one of the worst at your position all year, three games playing better , doesn't wipe away those thirteen other games.). It's a positive step that you hope he can build upon.

In week 14 against the Oakland Raiders Milliner graded out on PFF at 1.6, which is good enough to qualify as a positive performance. The following week he would grade out at 0.0 meaning he wasn’t necessarily a hinderance but leaving something to be desired. In the Jets final two games of the season Dee turned a corner and would play the best football of his rookie season. Against the Browns Dee graded out at a 1.8 while also registering his first NFL interception, and although he was lucky on a couple of passes, he helped keep Josh Gordon to under 100 yards receiving and no touchdowns. The following week Dee would register another 2 interceptions on his way to his highest grade by PFF of the season at an encouraging 4.7. He then won the AFC defensive player of the week award for his performance.( M Wallace burn him a couple times that Qb made bad throws)

From a rocky start to a strong finish Dee Milliner remains a bit of a mystery. Was his late season surge a fluke, or can we expect his play to continue to improve from here on out? Was his abysmal start in the NFL a sign that he won’t make the jump to this level or growing pains in a difficult position to transition to on this level? At one point he was so bad that opposing quarterbacks started picking on him on a regular basis, then all of a sudden he was making said quarterbacks pay the price for underestimating him. The growth he showed towards the end of the season is an encouraging sign, but he will need to keep it up to justify the high 1st round selection the Jets gave up for him.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-06-2014 at 02:09 AM.

I can't see anyone giving a fvck, but go ahead list the plays he got beat bad on? All anyone here cares about is his development.

People saying he is "Wilson 2.0" is so far off the mark it's untrue.

I never implied you said something incorrect, I'm pointing out that any negative thread created you are sure to be there trying to give your 2 cents, yet you never jump in on a positive thread and dish out any credit unless it's glorifying that POS Raider team

I can't see anyone giving a fvck, but go ahead list the plays he got beat bad on? All anyone here cares about is his development.

People saying he is "Wilson 2.0" is so far off the mark it's untrue.

I never implied you said something incorrect, I'm pointing out that any negative thread created you are sure to be there trying to give your 2 cents, yet you never jump in on a positive thread and dish out any credit unless it's glorifying that POS Raider team
    I guess you missed my post in Sheldon Richardson wins defensive rookie of the year. If something true , I Will give credit where it's due. The post wasn't anything negative about Dee Milliner, as 2014 will tell what kind of Cb Dee Milliner will be .

Btw Dee Milliner could be Kyle Wilson 2.0 , or he can be Revis2.0. Just sample size is too small and only time will tell what Cb he becomes.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-06-2014 at 02:26 AM.

What did I say was incorrect. you want me to list the plays I was referring too where he was burned bad deep , but Qb missed it. ( last three games). Again it wasn't a negative post about Dee Milliner , who I say you can't judge a Cb his first year in the league.

Just like you can't say he a starting caliber Cb at this point,( like with Geno when you been one of the worst at your position all year, three games playing better , doesn't wipe away those thirteen other games.). It's a positive step that you hope he can build upon.

In week 14 against the Oakland Raiders Milliner graded out on PFF at 1.6, which is good enough to qualify as a positive performance. The following week he would grade out at 0.0 meaning he wasn’t necessarily a hinderance but leaving something to be desired. In the Jets final two games of the season Dee turned a corner and would play the best football of his rookie season. Against the Browns Dee graded out at a 1.8 while also registering his first NFL interception, and although he was lucky on a couple of passes, he helped keep Josh Gordon to under 100 yards receiving and no touchdowns. The following week Dee would register another 2 interceptions on his way to his highest grade by PFF of the season at an encouraging 4.7. He then won the AFC defensive player of the week award for his performance.

From a rocky start to a strong finish Dee Milliner remains a bit of a mystery. Was his late season surge a fluke, or can we expect his play to continue to improve from here on out? Was his abysmal start in the NFL a sign that he won’t make the jump to this level or growing pains in a difficult position to transition to on this level? At one point he was so bad that opposing quarterbacks started picking on him on a regular basis, then all of a sudden he was making said quarterbacks pay the price for underestimating him. The growth he showed towards the end of the season is an encouraging sign, but he will need to keep it up to justify the high 1st round selection the Jets gave up for him.

This whole section is quoting an article, are you trying to portray these comments as your own?

#sad

I guess you missed my post in Sheldon Richardson wins defensive rookie of the year. If something true , I Will give credit where it's due. The post wasn't anything negative about Dee Milliner, as 2014 will tell what kind of Cb Dee Milliner will be .

Btw Dee Milliner could be Kyle Wilson 2.0 , or he can be Revis2.0. Just sample size is too small and only time will tell what Cb he becomes.
    If you did indeed pass some praise on Sheldon then good for you, it's about time, shame I missed it as I would of used it as a sig quote.

So we agree on something then, it's to early to pass judgment hence the reason this thread is dumb.
    Last edited by Harrier; 02-06-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    I look at a guy like Darqueze Dennard and see a vastly superior prospect. What I cant stand about Dee Milliners game is its lack of physicality. He refuses to jam receivers and is a terrible tackler. Worse yet Dee is injury prone. He really does need to get in the weight room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milliner is nothing like Wilson. Anyone that watches the games can see the difference in their play.

As Raiders9175 said, CB is one of the toughest positions to transition to the NFL, worse if you have crappy safety play.

Wilson is the most physical CB on the team, and people want to often crucify him.

Not sure if you're serious, trolling to get a rise out of people or just a meathead.

Kyle Wilson HAS NEVER turned his head around so Millner is already better. Stop talking out your ass like you know what the Jets will do. You're already terrible at predicting your own team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Kyle Wilson HAS NEVER turned his head around so Millner is already better. Stop talking out your ass like you know what the Jets will do. You're already terrible at predicting your own team.
    This. The guy started to figure out how to play man on man defense by the end of the year. Many rookie CBs don't do that - they play in more zone schemes because they're being brought along. Milliner displays tremendous coverage ability, closing speed and unlike other CBs on the team can hold on to the ball when he gets his hand on it. He'll be a good CB for a long time if he's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This. The guy started to figure out how to play man on man defense by the end of the year. Many rookie CBs don't do that - they play in more zone schemes because they're being brought along. Milliner displays tremendous coverage ability, closing speed and unlike other CBs on the team can hold on to the ball when he gets his hand on it. He'll be a good CB for a long time if he's healthy.
    Exactly. Millner struggled in zone coverage at the beginning of the year. Once Rex had nothing to lose and put him in man against the best WR Millner stepped up. It's yet to be seen if he can keep it up but it was very encouraging. Wilson has never had a 3 game stretch like that. Wilson can be serviceable but he's not even close to Millner talent wise.

This guy needs to stop making threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    He starts them and then disappears.

Shaun White is a punk. What a puss!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Way too early to make this claim on Miliner

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    + infinity

This tool is trolling

Talent wise, Millner is fine. He's got size, range and good hips. Cb is an exceedingly hard position to start in year 1 and play well...
    I think he's going to mature and be very solid... I'm more concerned with his injury history and whether he can stay on the field.