Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ESPN First Rd Jets Pick......Kiper: Lee, WR USC or McShay: Cooks, WR Oregon St.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    The irony.
    yes, the irony. My oh my, have I ever been way off over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Coming from a guy who has never had a clue at any position
    Clearly. I don't think we've ever seen eye to eye in any draft. Looks like that trends going to continue in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Okay, but he's not going to hit homeruns and he's not a guy you can throw the ball up to in the redzone and he's going to snatch the ball away from everyone like he owns it.

And really, how much faster is he than other 245lbs guys, or even the other starting TEs?
    He may not box out as well as other tightends but if you don't think you can throw it up high to him idk what to tell you. He has a great vert and can jump over people easily for the ball.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xaAamvWtPHE

All League
    Okay, but he's not going to hit homeruns and he's not a guy you can throw the ball up to in the redzone and have him snatch the ball away from everyone like he owns it.

And really, how much faster is he than other 245lbs guys, or even the other starting TEs?
    If he runs a 4.57, which he has been clocked at before, that makes him faster than almost all of the starting TEs in the NFL. That is Jimmy Graham area speed.

All Pro
    If he runs a 4.57, which he has been clocked at before, that makes him faster than almost all of the starting TEs in the NFL. That is Jimmy Graham area speed.
    Stephen Hill ran a 4.3

Hall Of Fame
    LOL.....but Jimmy Graham is 6'7" and jumps through the roof. Santonio Holmes is as fast as Julio Jones, does that make them similar?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL.....but Jimmy Graham is 6'7" and jumps through the roof. Santonio Holmes is as fast as Julio Jones, does that make them similar?
    Did I say anything about any other attribute? Jesus Christ people. The guy questioned his speed. His speed should not be questioned. I compared his speed to Jimmy Graham. You are the one that mentioned every thing else. Why is that? It's easy to tear down a comparison that wasn't made.

You don't like Ebron, I get it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    He may not box out as well as other tightends but if you don't think you can throw it up high to him idk what to tell you. He has a great vert and can jump over people easily for the ball.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xaAamvWtPHE
    Ebron's talented, no doubt. He's not a complete prospect though, and if you want decent hands and speed, there's a great chance that Lee is going to be there for us. I think he's twice the downfield receiving prospect that Ebron is - which seems to be the focal point of all this love. Lee's got twice the hands, and twice the ability to come down with the ball in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Ebron's talented, no doubt. He's not a complete prospect though, and if you want decent hands and speed, there's a great chance that Lee is going to be there for us. I think he's twice the downfield receiving prospect that Ebron is - which seems to be the focal point of all this love. Lee's got twice the hands, and twice the ability to come down with the ball in traffic.
    Oh he's definitely not complete but I see him as a faster Jermichael Finley with better hands, or a Jerod Cook type TE. Lee I want to like. He works hard and he's a great kid, but he drops way to many easy balls for me. That said I wouldn't hate picking Lee, but there are so many WRs in this draft and some in rd 2 that I think will be better.

All League
    Okay, but he's not going to hit homeruns and he's not a guy you can throw the ball up to in the redzone and have him snatch the ball away from everyone like he owns it.

Than what is he doing at the :9 sec mark and 1:52 mark?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgY1-xjk4E

This debate won't even matter, Ebron isn't gonna last till the Jets pick.
    Last edited by Woody56; 02-07-2014 at 08:42 PM.

All League
    And Marqise Lee does not have good hands, in fact they are some of the worst at the WR position this year. That's why he pretty much body catches everything. He is good in a lot of other areas, but hands is definitely a very weak point and is the reason i'm having a hard time getting behind him.

All Pro

I'll take that bet. highlight reels can make anyone look great. Point to a full game. Take the bowl game vs CIN this year. There's all kinds of good, but a handful of humpf too.

I don't see Lee's hands being the issue. Lapses in concentration is what I chalk a handful of those up to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWIL_futp44

All League
    Lee rarely catches the ball with just his hands though. Body catchers rarely work out in the NFL, the ones that get away with it are usually huge and Lee isn't that.

and those two plays were just counter arguing to the guy who said he can't go up and get it.

Ebron is gonna light up the combine and probably won't make it past the Ravens.

All Pro
    Lee rarely catches the ball with just his hands though. Body catchers rarely work out in the NFL, the ones that get away with it are usually huge and Lee isn't that.

and those two plays were just counter arguing to the guy who said he can't go up and get it.

Ebron is gonna light up the combine and probably won't make it past the Ravens.
    Good. Means someone else makes it to us. Still don't see it.

I don't feel like the crime your charging him with is fair. You're right, he doesn't stretch for the catch, or fight through contact to make receptions. He's the opposite of Michael Floyd. He does however, position himself to catch the ball comfortably, for him. It's not like he's just using his body to catch the ball. He adjusts his route, runs through traffic, and consistently gets open. Lee getting separation wasn't a scheme thing, or a case of flat out speed. He toasted DBs with his game. If you watch Josh Gordon last year, it wasn't like he was stretched out, making Calvin Johnson catches. He ran the route, and adjusted to catch the ball in stride. How often does Lee have to stop, or speed up at the last second? not very often, if ever.

I'm not saying Lee's the bees knees. I'd much rather have Watkins or Evans... Evans is going to ball. But, given the state of affairs, to take Ebron over Lee would be... well. Classic NYJ

All Pro
    Here. you get the whole experience here in the these 3 games. The good, the great, and a few uglies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fxlyu9f7ws

All League
    Agree to disagree. If we are gonna go and draft a WR, don't settle for a #2 option like Lee, go up and get Watkins.

So what? Jimmy Graham is 6'7" and 20lbs heavier.

So what? It's a couple of catches in a highlight reel. His three TDs tell a different story. If he was really a match up nightmare, you could throw it up to him in the endzone regularly and he'd come down with TD after TD.

How can you say that he won't last until the Jets pick? A tight end hasn't gone in the top 20 in eight years. Unless Ebron runs in the 4.3s, he'll be there.

So what? Jimmy Graham is 6'7" and 20lbs heavier.
    So Jace Amaro runs a lot slower and isn't as good of a blocker. Hey everybody let's pick and chose things a prospect doesn't do well! None of the top 3 tightends are close to perfect. It's all personal preference and scheme wise. Which ever one of them goes to the best scheme fit and QB will do the best. Honestly Idc which one of them we pick. I just lean more towards Ebron and ASJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    So Jace Amaro runs a lot slower and isn't as good of a blocker. Hey everybody let's pick and chose things a prospect doesn't do well! None of the top 3 tightends are close to perfect. It's all personal preference and scheme wise. Which ever one of them goes to the best scheme fit and QB will do the best. Honestly Idc which one of them we pick. I just lean more towards Ebron and ASJ.
    And none of them are worth a top 20 pick.

ASJ is the one I'd take, though.