Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ESPN First Rd Jets Pick......Kiper: Lee, WR USC or McShay: Cooks, WR Oregon St.

All League
    Its an opinion. Obviously I hope he is there so the Jets draft him, but I could see a few teams ahead of us taking him.

And Jimmy Graham had 5 TD's his year at Miami, Vernon Davis 6, Eifert 4, Jordan Cameron 1 etc etc.

If you judge a guys skillset just off college production, you will be wrong a lot. Those highlight catches show the athletic ability to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    And none of them are worth a top 20 pick.

ASJ is the one I'd take, though.
    Yes I agree with you that none of them are worth a top 20 pick which is why I want to trade back. However, it's going to be hard to trade back in this draft since outside of the top 10 everyone is of equal value till the 3rd rd. So it comes down to who you want to "reach" for at 18. Haha I'm praying we can trade back tho. Half the people I want at 18 should be available in the 2nd rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Its an opinion. Obviously I hope he is there so the Jets draft him, but I could see a few teams ahead of us taking him.

And Jimmy Graham had 5 TD's his year at Miami, Vernon Davis 6, Eifert 4, Jordan Cameron 1 etc etc.

If you judge a guys skillset just off college production, you will be wrong a lot. Those highlight catches show the athletic ability to do it.
    Graham only played one season and was still learning the game. Outside of two seasons, Davis hasn't been a big TD guy in the NFL. And he also ran a 4.38, which makes him a different animal.

I really can't see any of these TEs being gone before 18.

I don't think they use the TE in college nearly as much as in the pros. Insane to evaluate a TE based off college td stats alone.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Graham only played one season and was still learning the game. Outside of two seasons, Davis hasn't been a big TD guy in the NFL. And he also ran a 4.38, which makes him a different animal.

I really can't see any of these TEs being gone before 18.
    I think you're right you don't see alot of TEs get taken before 18. The year Vernon Davis was taken high in the first round he had a legendary combine. Other than that you see alot of TE's taken 15-32 in round 1. I'm really hopefuly Ebron makes it to 18 think he's a no-brainer for us.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    he's a no-brainer.
    Totally agree. If the Jets brass had no-brain, they would spend the 18th pick overall on Ebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Totally agree. If I had small penis, I would say don't draft Ebron.
    fixed

All Pro
    Dick size is irrelevant when you're talking about a tight end.

Hall Of Fame
    Dick size is irrelevant when you're talking about a tight end.
    Agreed, but it is very relevant when discussing running backs.

All Pro
    Yup. They gotta be able to hit those holes hard and power through.

All League
    Totally agree. If the Jets brass had no-brain, they would spend the 18th pick overall on Ebron.
    If the Jets brass had no brain they would of drafted Jarvis Jones like you were begging for last year. Jones would of been a classic NYJ bust like I said he would, Ebron is the new age, future SB winning Jets.

All Pro
    If the Jets brass had no brain they would of drafted Jarvis Jones like you were begging for last year. Jones would of been a classic NYJ bust like I said he would, Ebron is the new age, future SB winning Jets.
    fcking kidding me man, Jones a bust? Did you and your team of Melvin Ingram blowhards come up with that conclusion?

Why don't you step off. Calling out Ebron as a questionable pick at 18 is entirely sane. Fck... no-brainer? CLowney, Bridgewater, Evans, Watkins.. sure. Fcking Ebron? C'moooon.

All League
    Jones was awful and has no NFL pass rush ability. Ingram hasn't been good either, but still more potential than Jones. Ebron is one of my guys and i'm gonna back him until we do or don't draft him. We agree on some other guys, so you can start talking about those.

All League
    And remember, you called me out with a claim that wasn't even true. I was a big time Gronk guy and heart sank when the Pats drafted him.

All Pro
    And remember, you called me out with a claim that wasn't even true. I was a big time Gronk guy and heart sank when the Pats drafted him.
    Lets leave the Ebron thing on the table for now. At least till after some off season workouts and events.

But correct me if I'm wrong, you were one of the big naysayers during my campaign to draft two TEs (and by that I'm referring to being on the field at the same time). Then the patriots do just that and everyone changes their tune. I'm still bitter about that. The cries of "the jets don't need jimmy graham" still haunt me.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I think you're right you don't see alot of TEs get taken before 18. The year Vernon Davis was taken high in the first round he had a legendary combine. Other than that you see alot of TE's taken 15-32 in round 1. I'm really hopefuly Ebron makes it to 18 think he's a no-brainer for us.
    Those combine numbers....4.38 and 33 reps? He blew that thing up. I like Ebron too, I think it's critical for us to have a safety net for Geno who can take the top off of defenses down the seem. This draft is so deep receiver wise I think that there's going to be a good guy there in the second round for the taking at our spot. Especially because I have a feeling that the first round this year will be defense dominated.

All League
    Lets leave the Ebron thing on the table for now. At least till after some off season workouts and events.

But correct me if I'm wrong, you were one of the big naysayers during my campaign to draft two TEs (and by that I'm referring to being on the field at the same time). Then the patriots do just that and everyone changes their tune. I'm still bitter about that. The cries of "the jets don't need jimmy graham" still haunt me.
    Not 100% sure what specific situation you're talking about, but I was anti Eifert at 9 or 13 last year, just thought it was too high for him. But if the Jets drafted say Ebron in the 1st this year to be the receiver and a guy like Fiedorowicz in the 4th if he's there to be the blocker/short range target, I would be ok with it. Because I currently do not like any TE on our roster.

Many levels of no.

Remember ashlon? remember K. allen? Add Lee to that list; a list of WRs who drop for fictional reasons.

Trust me when i tell you -- ALL the things you're in love with when it comes to Ebron and Amaro -- are things LEE can do and do better. You gotta be outta yo fcking mind to be taking a project/role player TE before a boss WR like M. Lee.

That's why it's been 13 years since we've taken a WR in the first. Stupid ass logic like that. Sorry, i don't mean to take it all out on you... but i kinda do.
    Agree. As for the comparisons to Santonio, if Lee has Holmes's talent with an extra gear of speed and, importantly, a positive attitude then it sounds like a great pick.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Than what is he doing at the :9 sec mark and 1:52 mark?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgY1-xjk4E

This debate won't even matter, Ebron isn't gonna last till the Jets pick.
    That is a very impressive highlight reel

Must admit I had to rewind 3rd play to check out blond sideline photographer in nice shorts too
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 02-09-2014 at 02:11 AM.

All Pro
    Not 100% sure what specific situation you're talking about, but I was anti Eifert at 9 or 13 last year, just thought it was too high for him. But if the Jets drafted say Ebron in the 1st this year to be the receiver and a guy like Fiedorowicz in the 4th if he's there to be the blocker/short range target, I would be ok with it. Because I currently do not like any TE on our roster.
    We're going on 4 plus years now, so I may be erroneously lumping you in with the pack, but I was banging the table to grab TE so we could field Keller as the H-back, plus a inline TE. at the time, I was laughed at. Then the Pats went and pretty much did exactly what I was clamoring for, and it worked wonders... had to be the Pats too.