Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Signing Maclin & Sanders???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Not a fan of HaHa or Mosley. MLB is one of the easiest positions to draft and I don't see Mosley as a game changing top NFL linebacker. Pryor I like, but again he gives up a lot of big plays. I wouldn't hate him at 18, but I'd have to see more. Zach Martin does have value, but my preference is not taking OLine in the first unless it's a top tier LT.
    Where is Dee Ford currently slotted?? High 2nd???? We could trade out of the 1st, draft him, and still double dip at receiver.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...you have to take someone. Trading down from 18 is not going to be easy this year.
    Haha I know. Thats kind of my point. It's such deep that I could get comparable talent in rounds 2-3. Like you said though it will make it very hard to trade back, because of that. Honestly, I wouldn't mind trading out of the 1st completely, and getting an extra 2nd or 3rd and a 2015 1st. If we do get stuck at 18 I wouldn't mind Trent Murphy, Ebron, Pryor, Amaro, ASJ, and maybe Lee. Outside of those few I'd probably hate the pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Where is Dee Ford currently slotted?? High 2nd???? We could trade out of the 1st, draft him, and still double dip at receiver.
    Yeah high to mid 2nd. I wouldn't mind trading out completely to pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd where the real meat of the draft is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Yeah high to mid 2nd. I wouldn't mind trading out completely to pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd where the real meat of the draft is.
    There are so many potential scenarios, it makes me dizzy,LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Clearly I said he draws comparisons.. No where did I say he runs a 4.3

But yet he is plenty fast damn near ever catch in that vid he is eating up 15+ yards.

But then again this will be moot if he is gone by pick 18 and that's a very good possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Based on what? Vernon Davis is the last TE to go in the top 20. You think Ebron is the best TE prospect in the last eight years?

He'll be there at 18. He'll be there in the 20s.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He isn't a very good redzone target either, for me if I am taking a TE with the 18th overall pick, he better be a more complete TE than Ebron is. I don't hate Ebron as a prospect, I just hate him at 18 this year.
    Exactly. If he can't use his body to have his way with a defender in a short area, then he's just a slightly bigger and significantly slower WR without homerun speed. In that case, you should just take a WR.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the biggest opportunity to trade back may be Houston. If they take Clowney and one of the QBs slips, it would be a great situation for us.

I know it's prior to the combine, but it's really possible that Watkins, Lee, Evans, and Ebron could all be gone by 18. Of course trading down could cause us to miss out on Benjamin, Beckham, and Robinson.

Based on Mehta's report of us going after Maclin and Sanders, we could move out of the first round, pick up a third and a 2015 #1.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give me Maclin & Britt.

Kenny Britt is going to mature & really dominate next season.
    Talk about having a chip on your shoulder.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Signing Maclin & Sanders???

Sign these beasts and trade our first and one third for Gordon.

Get it done Tanny.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sign these beasts and trade our first and one third for Gordon.

Get it done Tanny.
    And don't forget to guarantee all they're money, Tanny. Just do it, Tanny.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do like Calvin Pryor, I would be happy with that signing ...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko097 View Post
    I'd be ok with the strategy of going the FA route on WR to reasonable contracts (Maclin, Tate and Sanders/Jones seem like ok targets here. Don't want to overpay Decker).

But beyond defense in the draft, I think they would be making a mistake by ignoring O-line.
    Our online is the best part of our offense. Get a better qb and they'll look a lot better.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Give me Maclin & Britt.

Kenny Britt is a mental case and is always injured. No thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Absolutely not!

This team still has holes to fill besides WR....ignoring those and taking another QB early is not smart....
    Agreed... with absolutley NO TALENT around him, Geno was thrown to the wolves. he has enough ability to give him and or a VET the shot at QB as we build the offense. Just a slight improvement (one less pick, 2 extra completions a game) and we win 9 or 10 last year.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

Get to work Geno.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed... with absolutley NO TALENT around him, Geno was thrown to the wolves. he has enough ability to give him and or a VET the shot at QB as we build the offense. Just a slight improvement (one less pick, 2 extra completions a game) and we win 9 or 10 last year.
    This "No talent around him" argument dates back to Sanchez in 2012.
    Personally, i think its a farce.

The SB champs dont have superstar talent at the WR position, and from the looks of things, they werent missing it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

The SB champs dont have superstar talent at the WR position, and from the looks of things, they werent missing it.
    Why not compare us to the 85 Bears or the 72 Dolphins? My point is that we had almost no talent and won 8 games. Geno is not Wilson, I get it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

In short it is. The TEs and RB blocking are definitely lacking on this team. I believe that has more to do with it then our WR group who is not the worst in the league right now IMO. Hill, Nelson, Kerley, and Salas are not any worse then some of the JAG names being thrown around right now. Signing a guy like Cooper, Tate, or Sanders is really not much or if at all an upgrade. You dont need an allstar WR core to win in this league any jag can catch and make a few plays if they are on the field enough. Our issues have been keeping our jags on the field to look as good as other jags.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not about "superstar" talent at WR positions...its about have a plethora of weapons. Seattle didn't have super star talent but they had very good TE's and WR's that ran good routs and got open and made YAC....we dont have that...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Give me Maclin & Britt.

The guy lives in handcuffs. No thanks.